3220 21 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is anyone using or tried one of these?  Keep going back to it...

2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you seen the review

2022-8-31
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-31 23:53
Have you seen the review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahKQbSm3AAc

Keep thinking is it a gadget that I will really use or just a one-off wonder, does look cool though.
2022-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVin Posted at 9-1 02:35
Keep thinking is it a gadget that I will really use or just a one-off wonder, does look cool though.

I feel the same way.   
2022-9-1
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-1 03:10
I feel the same way.

Still looking into some reviews.  The concern I also have is although not heavy its still putting putting strain on the motors one-side.  I know that its designed to cope in the wind but with constant use will this knock the motors out!  Then again it wouldn't been flown all the time with it on..  OMG i keep talking myself into it LOL
2022-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVin Posted at 9-1 03:17
Still looking into some reviews.  The concern I also have is although not heavy its still putting putting strain on the motors one-side.  I know that its designed to cope in the wind but with constant use will this knock the motors out!  Then again it wouldn't been flown all the time with it on..  OMG i keep talking myself into it LOL

I wouldn't worry about the motors they are designed to run at multiple speeds,   id be more concerned about the wind having a larger surface area to push against.  but thats probably trivial.
2022-9-1
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-1 03:33
I wouldn't worry about the motors they are designed to run at multiple speeds,   id be more concerned about the wind having a larger surface area to push against.  but thats probably trivial.

Very true.  I was contemplating getting the Avata but already have the DJI FPV which, I hardly use due to needing a spotter when flying so maybe better to get this instead for some cool shots.
2022-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks cool!
2022-9-1
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think I might bit the bullet and order one...
2022-9-1
Use props
jshcrlmllr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498537 ft
United States

I got this when it first released and I have only used in twice. I only get about 12-14 min of flight time and you definitely can hear the motors working harder. Also with it on the drone takes longer to connect to GPS (about 5 mins). So by the time you have decent signal you only have about 10 mins of flight. Another thing to note is take off and landings. I have been taking it off from my hand because the 360 camera is expose to the ground. The Insta360 Sphere did include a landing pad but I don't use it because the camera can get smudges from it before you take off. I also got some landing gear extension off of amazon and they do keep the 360 camera off the ground but you can see them in the 360 footage. Also you aren't able to view a live preview of the 360 footage because you connect to the camera via WIFI/Bluetooth and the range cuts out around 40-60ft. You must connect to the Insta360 Camera, start your recording and then open up the DJI app and then start you drone up. It is a great product but unless you actually need 360 footage it is not worth it. Just stick with the drone camera which is way higher quality. Hope this helped.
2022-9-1
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 8-31 23:53
Have you seen the review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahKQbSm3AAc

Does adding the cameras negate DJI Care Refresh?
2022-9-1
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jshcrlmllr Posted at 9-1 20:45
I got this when it first released and I have only used in twice. I only get about 12-14 min of flight time and you definitely can hear the motors working harder. Also with it on the drone takes longer to connect to GPS (about 5 mins). So by the time you have decent signal you only have about 10 mins of flight. Another thing to note is take off and landings. I have been taking it off from my hand because the 360 camera is expose to the ground. The Insta360 Sphere did include a landing pad but I don't use it because the camera can get smudges from it before you take off. I also got some landing gear extension off of amazon and they do keep the 360 camera off the ground but you can see them in the 360 footage. Also you aren't able to view a live preview of the 360 footage because you connect to the camera via WIFI/Bluetooth and the range cuts out around 40-60ft. You must connect to the Insta360 Camera, start your recording and then open up the DJI app and then start you drone up. It is a great product but unless you actually need 360 footage it is not worth it. Just stick with the drone camera which is way higher quality. Hope this helped.

That has been the most helpful response I've received, thank you for your honest opinion.   I was nearly on the verge of pushing the button when I also thought! This has been out a little while and why wouldn't they create a Mavic 3 version, making this one obsolete.  I was intending to get a Mavic 3 eventually so going to hold out for now.  Thanks again for you response, very much appreciated.  Blue Skyes
2022-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReproRetro Posted at 9-1 21:40
Does adding the cameras negate DJI Care Refresh?

They probably would never know they were there.  
2022-9-1
Use props
ReproRetro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 9-1 23:12
They probably would never know they were there.

My Air 2S "knows" when I fit propeller guards and tells me it will be flying slower.
2022-9-3
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've decided to give it a miss...  Not sure if upgrading to Mav 3 anyway so will wait to see if they bring a unit out for that.
2022-9-6
Use props
fansb0159189
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7910364 ft
United States

I just got mine.  Spent 500 bucks and no gps no matter what method I try.  #buyersremorse. Do not recommend
2022-12-8
Use props
fansb0159189
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7910364 ft
United States

FPVin Posted at 9-1 03:42
Very true.  I was contemplating getting the Avata but already have the DJI FPV which, I hardly use due to needing a spotter when flying so maybe better to get this instead for some cool shots.

Dont waste your money
2022-12-8
Use props
Dark Horse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

This is not for me.
2022-12-8
Use props
Leo Braz
New

Brazil

Does anyone know how the command to shoot is? Is it through DJI Fly?
2023-2-1
Use props
fans24bcf877
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698819 ft
Netherlands

Do you think there will be an Insta Sphere for the DJI Mavic 3 ?
2023-7-26
Use props
fans24bcf877
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698819 ft
Netherlands

Will there be an Insta Sphere that fits on the Mavic Air 3? Does anyone know something about that?
2023-7-27
Use props
Irrelevantmonky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2170174 ft
United Kingdom

Massive fail from Insta360 for this concept. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. While it is a great idea, it fails in the real world of flying
Camera is pretty naff in it, and exporting the videos look awful no matter what you do or how powerful your laptop/pc is.  It records in 4K but the quality even without doing anything is appauling and definitely NOT 4K, barely scrapes 720P in actual real quality.
Loses over half the GPS satellites and stability in the air is terrible and pretty dangerous in any wind above 5mph.
All the "reviews" done are by people who got it free, none of them paid for their item and are all bullshyte.
Got mine returned for full refund after a week of trying it. Will never try thier products again.
2023-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules