Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motion controller
2282 14 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

How crazy is everyone with the motion controller? I have only used it once and I’m not sure if I am going to like it.   Are you planning on using it for a long time or are you switching to RC?

It just doesn’t feel like I have a full control of the drone when using the MC, no reverse and no side to side control.  Please share your experience.  

2022-8-31
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It really depends:
In N and S mode, the motion controller is really excellent.  The flight direction display in the goggles is simply brilliant!  
In M-Mode, the RC2 is of course essential....
2022-8-31
Use props
stacebaal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

After flying my new Avata for a few days, I have to say I'm pretty bummed that there was not a package that includes the FPV Remote 2. (Nor is it in stock to purchase separately) The motion controller is just ok for getting into basic flight. For very casual flying it is more intuitive that I expected and some may find it enjoyable.However,  I think it really holds back the potential in an otherwise very capable Avata.  If you are a pilot that is used to precise control and accuracy, the motion controller just doesn't cut it.  Wiz around an open field, park or dramatic landscape, it's acceptable.  If you want to get into any more aggressive flying, hitting gaps, courses (all the enticing stuff you see FPV pilots do on YouTube) - I'd say wait and don't buy this until they offer a FPV remote bundle.  
2022-8-31
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the mc is certainly an acquired taste and i intend to give it a little stick time to see if i can adapt.
2022-8-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I picked it up way back when as a fun accessory for my DJI FPV. After a year it remains just that, "a fun accessory." I couldn't imagine that being my only means of control.
2022-8-31
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

It looks like in combination with head tracking of Goggle 2, you have more control like flying sideways, and do orbits.
2022-8-31
Use props
fansdcab590a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
United States

been a total FPV noob, and had this pro set w/ motion controller for 2 days.  I love it.  first day, frustrated with update, charging, registering, taking 107 test.  Eventually got all figured out except for virtual app M button been not working w/ N & S mode.  But M button works with avata outside.  Tried play virtual w/ joystick two days, today am out playing avata for almost 18 mins.   Doing mostly basic stuff, like up, down, small loops around my neighboor, cutting through trees where I never set foot till low battery warning comes up and wants to force landing, which i had to hit lock button to cancel, and bring it back to me for the day.

My 2nd day so far, great little FPV toy, which not collecting dusts like my other regular DJI drones.
2022-8-31
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

nosnoop Posted at 8-31 11:15
It looks like in combination with head tracking of Goggle 2, you have more control like flying sideways, and do orbits.

Awesome, I'll check into that.
2022-8-31
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

After firmware updated I could not see the H (home point) when I flew my Avata with motion controller. Can anyone please check it and let me know?
Many thanks
2022-9-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 8-31 07:39
It really depends:
In N and S mode, the motion controller is really excellent.  The flight direction display in the goggles is simply brilliant!  
In M-Mode, the RC2 is of course essential....

110% agree!  In NORMAL & SPORT MODE(s), it's the BOMB!    And I'll definitely continue to use it.   I also fly full ACRO and the Remote Controller 2 is great as well for full MANUAL mode.  

Think both have their place.  A little more in my video here;

2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 9-15 04:16
After firmware updated I could not see the H (home point) when I flew my Avata with motion controller. Can anyone please check it and let me know?
Many thanks

I left a reply on your other post. Mine works (Motion Controller & RC2) and it does seem to disappear when you get closer to your launch point.
2022-9-15
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-15 06:36
I left a reply on your other post. Mine works (Motion Controller & RC2) and it does seem to disappear when you get closer to your launch point.

Thanks a lot. I will check it out when the weather is good
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 9-15 17:03
Thanks a lot. I will check it out when the weather is good

You're very welcome.
2022-9-16
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

At first the MC sucked for me, I am old skool and like the sticks. Afer a bit of use it has grown on me but not so much that I didn't order a RC last week.  I do a lot of videography and the lack of side to side and reverse with the MC just made it a toy instead of a tool. I will get the RC today and hopefully give the Avata a new purpose. MC is fine for playtime and I do like it now, but in the end pro's are going to want the RC.
2022-9-16
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Fully agree with Bob Brown, after Futaba and Spektrum radios for all my life i am just unsatisfied with mc. I used for testing, once on virtual flight and once on real flight. Now avata is on top of the cabinet waiting for the "unique" DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 since no other controller can be used, the bad part is still not available in my country and almost everywhere.
Even worst i saw some DJI Authorized Partner (had the rc available) with a clear statement: Will sell the RC only if you buy or have bought Avata from us and + 50€ more because supplier increased the price. Wonder who is the supplier if not DJI ?
2022-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules