Unable to pair remote controller with Mini 3 Pro
3444 17 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gringa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 628980 ft
United Kingdom

I bought DJI Mini 3 Pro without a controller and trying to pair my old Mini 2 controller to it.

I follow the instructions in here and pairing does not work. The the remote is not finding the drone despite both are in pairing mode, bipping, discoverable I guess etc.

Any idea what I could miss?
2022-8-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you make sure the DJI Fly App was updated on your mobile device?  Also, does the RC N1 controller have the latest firmware update and is fully charged?    If so, and you have followed the directions in the video I'm not sure what else you can do.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software below and kindly please update the firmware of both DJI Mini 3 Pro and your RC then try to perform the linking process and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-8-31
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 19:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software below and kindly please update the firmware of both DJI Mini 3 Pro and your RC then try to perform the linking process and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thanks but I am unable to update the software on DJI Mini 3 Pro until it is paired with the app/ controller. The app does not report any software to update. The app is up to date.
2022-8-31
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-31 11:10
Did you make sure the DJI Fly App was updated on your mobile device?  Also, does the RC N1 controller have the latest firmware update and is fully charged?    If so, and you have followed the directions in the video I'm not sure what else you can do.

I am unable to update the software on DJI Mini 3 Pro until it is paired with the app/ controller. The app does not report any software to update. The app is up to date.
2022-8-31
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 19:27

I downloaded DJI Assistant 2. It did a search and it said:
"Cannot find devices. Makes sure the devices is on"

So I dismissed the warning and got the list:
Choose your device type
You can change the device in "More - Device list" list.
As
Ronin

Though - there is no "More" list anywhere in the app.

No any Mini on the list.
2022-8-31
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have checked the batteries, reinstalled DJI Fly App, restarted the drone and RC and tried to pair many times. I tried with and without the SD card.
DJI Assistant 2 does not detect the drone.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

gringa Posted at 8-31 21:48
Thanks but I am unable to update the software on DJI Mini 3 Pro until it is paired with the app/ controller. The app does not report any software to update. The app is up to date.

Thank you for your response. The DJI Assistant 2 software is able to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC without being connected with each other. Kindly please connect them both one at a time using the USB communication cable on your computer then start the update. Thank you.
2022-9-2
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-2 04:03
Thank you for your response. The DJI Assistant 2 software is able to update the firmware of your aircraft and RC without being connected with each other. Kindly please connect them both one at a time using the USB communication cable on your computer then start the update. Thank you.

The DJI Assistant 2 is a mobile app. How am I suppose to connect the drone or RC to the phone?
2022-9-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

gringa Posted at 9-2 04:09
The DJI Assistant 2 is a mobile app. How am I suppose to connect the drone or RC to the phone?

Assistant 2 is a Windows or Mac app. Download here - \
https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-9-2
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-2 07:25
Assistant 2 is a Windows or Mac app. Download here - \

Yes, I downloaded it.
I could not see in the app anything but login, settings and "how to connect Inspire2" or so button.
It couldn't see neither mini nor the controller on the screen even though connected via USB.
2022-9-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

gringa Posted at 9-2 14:02
Yes, I downloaded it.
I could not see in the app anything but login, settings and "how to connect Inspire2" or so button.
It couldn't see neither mini nor the controller on the screen even though connected via USB.

Did you download the "consumer" version? Sounds like you installed the "enterprise" version. The link I provided will take you to the proper one.
2022-9-2
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-2 14:10
Did you download the "consumer" version? Sounds like you installed the "enterprise" version. The link I provided will take you to the proper one.

Yes, I installed this one: https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... sumer-drones-series

Besides, I have returned the drone, I have no time for fixing stuff. I need a working drone so I am going to order one with RC.
2022-9-2
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks all for trying to help.
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

gringa Posted at 9-2 04:09

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI Assistant 2 software is only working with the PC or Mac and it is not compatible with any mobile devices. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_RRcq0SjXwJ6V
New
Bermuda

gringa Posted at 2022-8-31 21:48
Thanks but I am unable to update the software on DJI Mini 3 Pro until it is paired with the app/ controller. The app does not report any software to update. The app is up to date.

Did you ever find out how to pair your drone because I have it issue

Dji Mini 3 Pro

I am having the same problem with timing out when I’m trying to pair my DJI mini three pro with the DJI RC.

I have updated the firmware on the drone and DJI RC and  I’m still having the issue with pairing. It keeps timing out.

Nobody is mentioning a solution for this issue on the forum yet?

This is brand new out of the box today purchase both items together??

Both the drone and DJIRC are fully charged. I have looked on YouTube &  forums and no one has mentioned how to resolve this issue.
2023-3-22
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Brazil

djiuser_RRcq0SjXwJ6V Posted at 3-22 07:38

Dji Mini 3 Pro

Hi,
No, I didn't find out, I just returned the drone and bought one with the controller.
Btw I tried to pair Mini2 controller with new Mini 3 drone.
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_RRcq0SjXwJ6V Posted at 3-22 07:38

Dji Mini 3 Pro

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're having the same issue. If you have already updated the firmware of both the drone and the remote controller and the issue remains, please record a short video showing the linking process for further checking. Thank you.
2023-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules