Unable to take-off (Code: 30064)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavicated
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17275541 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

It's all to do with the software modifying something on the drone and causing it to throw the error code of 30064 and thus disable flight. Clearly a major bug for users who are advanced and tried connecting the drone to PC.

I already had the latest firmwares so it's just connecting to the assistant that causes the issue.

Somebody needs to see what the software is changing on the drone to disable flight despite all green from every other check.

Most likely a software update will fix this instantly, but I have no idea why this has not been fixed as yet.

I sent my drone back to retailer after only owning it for 10 days, and purchased another new one.
I will not ever use this drone on PC again.

2022-9-5
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Tried editing the default settings ini file in the  of DJI assistant 2 windows program someone posted last year of another DJI drone with the same issue.
It worked for that model then showing several prior updates that could be rolled back to but not with this new drone and ini file configuration. We're
not being given a roll back choice in the dji assistant 2 for a reason.

Sorry to have gone all doom and gloom in my prior posting.  Don't know what to do, send the drone back, batteries, rc controller that all have been
updated or just the drone?  What of recent updates would be compatible with a potential roll back of the drone and not the rest of the hardware?
Hate to concede a loss of over $1500 for everything to a pricey lesson.  
2022-9-5
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Couldn't do updates from the rc controller citing no internet connectivity.  Smartphone could see drone wifi but no password worked to
allow connection and had to use pc assistant to update drone and rc controller.  Very buggy development.   
They rolled out seemingly way to soon with this drone.
2022-9-5
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Lesson learned. NEVER do an update unless something detailed in the release notes addresses a problem.
2022-9-5
Use props
PBLRDom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226808 ft
United States

Good news is that we finally have a reply that acknowledges DJI is aware of the issue and plans a firmware update to fix it.
Glad I didn't end up taking this little guy to UPS yet.
Fingers crossed it won't take to long to get us the firmware.
2022-9-5
Use props
Tongala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41870 ft
Australia

PBLRDom Posted at 9-5 20:43
Good news is that we finally have a reply that acknowledges DJI is aware of the issue and plans a firmware update to fix it.

Just saw that, it's good news indeed. Will wait for sw fix.

But I will probably never ever buy DJI products again.
cheers
2022-9-5
Use props
PBLRDom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226808 ft
United States

Tongala Posted at 9-5 20:47
Just saw that, it's good news indeed. Will wait for sw fix.

But I will probably never ever buy DJI products again.

Thats a pretty extreme position to take. Mistakes are made, its life.
Being grounded with the M3P for me these last few days was frustrating as I wanted to use it but couldn't. Will it dissuade me ever purchasing and or using a DJI product in the future, absolutely not.
2022-9-5
Use props
Tongala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41870 ft
Australia

PBLRDom Posted at 9-5 20:52
Thats a pretty extreme position to take. Mistakes are made, its life.
Being grounded with the M3P for me these last few days was frustrating as I wanted to use it but couldn't. Will it dissuade me ever purchasing and or using a DJI product in the future, absolutely not.

Yes you are right a bit extreme said out of frustration. Yes everybody makes mistakes just that with the M3P it seems to be one after other.
My next (if) DJI product I will wait and not be first to buy.
2022-9-5
Use props
ARTPiranha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1115725 ft
  • >>>
Russia

How long everybody should wait untill DJI fixed their own stupid programmer’s mistake???? Mine also became a brick with 30064 error
2022-9-5
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

it seems it's not (only?) DJI assistant 2 that's creating the problems. some mini 3 pro users couldn't even fly it right after first connecting to the dji fly app. without ever connecting to pc
2022-9-5
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

PBLRDom Posted at 9-5 20:43

where is this post from? link please so we can verify context.  thanks
EDIT: never mind i found it https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=273746
2022-9-5
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

tazztone Posted at 9-5 22:52
where is this post from? link please so we can verify context.  thanks

never mind i found it https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=273746
2022-9-6
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Glad our content on this “unable to take off” issue got a rise from DJI.  Sadly our investment will be solely dependent on DJI tech support. Honestly, I have zero confidence in reliability with DJI though I must admit this is one amazing package that marketed some great features. To bad as one of the other things to try was clearing all the cache on the controller was offered by someone but didn’t make a difference and now I have no flight data or anything.  

Still uneasy how this hardware can access their servers without my involvement seemingly. If the RC controller states “network connection required” but still allows batteries to update how does that happen?  I was not able to successfully connect the RC to wifi to my smart phone for hotspot internet and had to go to DJI assistant 2 on PC for updates.  I had no choice.
2022-9-6
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Funny when my VPN is off it shows me from United States but when vpn is on shows me from Czechia
2022-9-6
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Looks like my content is selectively being removed, Oops guess I'm messing up.
2022-9-6
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

I'm being erased.  
2022-9-6
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-5 14:20
I went back to the past version of Assistant 2 (Consumer) and refreshed the aircraft and the DJI RC. No dice! So even the older versions of Assistant are fetching the same bugged firmware.

This is a test to see if my reply will be suppressed like everything I wrote after yours earlier today.  I think I'm being banned.
2022-9-6
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, wasn't being banned just didn't notice we were on page two.  That's funny!
2022-9-6
Use props
Blackeagle007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100016 ft
  • >>>
France

Hope update will be released soon
2022-9-6
Use props
MP1 DRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49469 ft
Italy

Hi all!

Same problem here to my Mavic Mini 3 pro in Italy... Hope update soon... That's in incredible.... I use it for work ....
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1778 ft
Italy

MP1 DRONE Posted at 9-6 08:43
Hi all!

Same problem here to my Mavic Mini 3 pro in Italy... Hope update soon... That's in incredible.... I use it for work ....

How nice to see another Italian
2022-9-6
Use props
MP1 DRONE
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q Posted at 9-6 09:03
How nice to see another Italian

Same problema? Stesso problema anche tu?
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q
lvl.1
Italy

MP1 DRONE Posted at 9-6 09:14
Same problema? Stesso problema anche tu?

Si identico problema, in pratica il mio drone funzionava bene finché non l'ho collegato al pc
2022-9-6
Use props
ZippyDue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8793 ft
United States

Mini Pro 3 also is stuck in this 30064 Hell and didn't have a problem until connecting to the DJI Assistant 2 version 2.1.11.

So the user manual error light indicators, that the  drone lights are blinking Red (slow to me) indicating a low battery even though the battery is reporting on the controller that it's 88%. So did the last update mess with the "Intelligent Battery"?
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q
lvl.1
Italy

ZippyDue Posted at 9-6 11:55
Mini Pro 3 also is stuck in this 30064 Hell and didn't have a problem until connecting to the DJI Assistant 2 version 2.1.11.

So the user manual error light indicators, that the  drone lights are blinking Red (slow to me) indicating a low battery even though the battery is reporting on the controller that it's 88%. So did the last update mess with the "Intelligent Battery"?

Welcome to the club

The latest update not only messed up the battery but also messed up the pc software
2022-9-6
Use props
MP1 DRONE
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q Posted at 9-6 11:44
Si identico problema, in pratica il mio drone funzionava bene finché non l'ho collegato al pc

Stessa cosa per me, non l'avrei collegato se solitamente dicono di verificare regolarmente gli aggiornamenti....

Adesso speriamo che non passi troppo tempo, anche perchè mi serve per lavoro e non posso tenerlo a terra troppo tempo...

Teniamoci aggiornati

2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q
lvl.1
Italy

MP1 DRONE Posted at 9-6 12:15
Stessa cosa per me, non l'avrei collegato se solitamente dicono di verificare regolarmente gli aggiornamenti....

Adesso speriamo che non passi troppo tempo, anche perchè mi serve per lavoro e non posso tenerlo a terra troppo tempo...

Io spero che risolvano presto perché non vorrei fare il rimborso ma se ci mettono troppo non avrò altra scelta, essendo che per fare il rimborso ho anche un tempo limitato di 14 giorni dalla consegna.
2022-9-6
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI please talk to us. what is this? does it even make sense to send it in for repair when it can arise again with the replacement drone?
2022-9-6
Use props
MP1 DRONE
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q Posted at 9-6 12:27
Io spero che risolvano presto perché non vorrei fare il rimborso ma se ci mettono troppo non avrò altra scelta, essendo che per fare il rimborso ho anche un tempo limitato di 14 giorni dalla consegna.

Ho scritto a DJI STORE ITALIA, dove ho acquistato il mio mini 3, vediamo cosa rispondono...ho cercato di mettergliela dura anche perchè è assurdo fare un aggiornamento con l'idea di ottimizzare il drone e dopo pochi istanti non poterlo più utilizzare....

I wrote to DJI STORE ITALIA, where I bought my mini, let's see what they will answer ...
Funny the idea of ​​optimizing the drone and after a few moments not being able to use it anymore ...

PLEASE DJI REPLY WITH A FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!!

TNX

2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_T16Rkf7ftfyF
lvl.1

United States

tazzt0ne Posted at 9-6 12:49
DJI please talk to us. what is this? does it even make sense to send it in for repair when it can arise again with the replacement drone?

I also experienced this issue with my Mavic air 2 linked to the smart controller. Last night  I updated the aircraft firmware through the DJI fly app and right afterwards I got the error code #30064 “Cannot take off”.  I had a scheduled  shoot for this morning  and I had to cancel it. I was very frustrated as much as the other affected pilots. I couldn’t do the suggested actions that the DJI app was prompting me to do to correct the issue, one of those actions was to unbind the aircraft from my account and bind it back again because my smart controller was having issues to connect to wifi. I never had an issue with the remote controller before the firmware update.  I decided to factory reset it. I am glad that I did because afterwards I was able to link the aircraft back again really fast and smoothly, but I as soon as the aircraft was linked to the controller I was greeted again with the suggestion to upgrade the aircraft firmware which I obviously didn’t, and now my drone works fine.
2022-9-6
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

tazzt0ne Posted at 9-6 12:49

See this Official Response.

I would NOT send it in for this firmware mistake. Just be patient until a fix is released.
2022-9-6
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1800295 ft
Australia

Buzzardsbend Posted at 9-6 07:58
Sorry, wasn't being banned just didn't notice we were on page two.  That's funny!

Just remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
2022-9-6
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-3 21:19
Why did you all use the DJI assistant to update why not just use the App. Or better don’t update if all is working as you like it

Seems to matter not with other models via the Fly app. Although in this case the user was offered to upgrade again, and didn't.
2022-9-6
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Buzzardsbend Posted at 9-6 07:58
Sorry, wasn't being banned just didn't notice we were on page two.  That's funny!

No worries at all.
2022-9-6
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Switzerland

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-6 14:55
See this Official Response.

I would NOT send it in for this firmware mistake. Just be patient until a fix is released.

DJI now sent me this update by email:
"It is recommended that all affected users to wait for the new firmware to be released, and this issue can be resolved after upgrading the new firmware. However, we are still waiting for the relevant team's feedback about the issue you had regarding the error code 30064. Once there is any updates available, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please bear with us because we need more time to analyze this issue."
2022-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzardsbend Posted at 9-5 19:15
Lesson learned. NEVER do an update unless something detailed in the release notes addresses a problem.

Been saying that for years if it ain’t broke don’t fix it
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_Mo2rFSzhv65q
lvl.1
Italy

tazzt0ne Posted at 9-6 21:42
DJI now sent me this update by email:
"It is recommended that all affected users to wait for the new firmware to be released, and this issue can be resolved after upgrading the new firmware. However, we are still waiting for the relevant team's feedback about the issue you had regarding the error code 30064. Once there is any updates available, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please bear with us because we need more time to analyze this issue."

Same with me, after asking for assistance they contacted me telling me they would release the U4 firmware update soon.
2022-9-7
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Seems roll back option would give some of us relief or potential functionality in the absence of not being able to help our selves and their response.  While waiting maybe someone can comment:

1.  when it did fly, video files were broken into segments of + - 5 minutes and not the entire duration in flight.

2. After pulling micro chip and loading into a usb card reader, at first transfers were fine then a few weeks later new video files became corrupt after transfer and not playable.  Putting the chip in the larger adapter and loading all was fine.  Tweaked video quality settings but update stopped my test from moving forward. Small mini to usb reader appears to be the problem made in you know where.

3.  I began experiments in pressing power button on drone in long and short sequences that do take the drone into a mode unknown.  The blinking lights were not understandable but I’m searching for a way to help my self and not depend on u no who.

Have this bad feeling the drone and controller problems will be ongoing meaning limited use and not dependable for just flying and learning.  

FYI using vpn blocks access to this forum.  It has to be disabled.
2022-9-7
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-6 22:50
Been saying that for years if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

Always knew but overrode my intuition to my demise
2022-9-7
Use props
Buzzardsbend
lvl.1
United States

Buzzardsbend Posted at 9-7 07:02
Seems roll back option would give some of us relief or potential functionality in the absence of not being able to help our selves and their response.  While waiting maybe someone can comment:

1.  when it did fly, video files were broken into segments of + - 5 minutes and not the entire duration in flight.

Almost forgot sometimes the video files were disported, stutter or pause on a frame but would start back.  This was while 400' over head or not far out at all.
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules