Goggles 2 delivered today with an issue
3061 14 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seidls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144514 ft
Germany

Today I received my Avata Pro View Combo, unpacked everything, charged the battery and installed the latest firmware.
From the beginning I noticed that in the Goggle 2 a message appears at the bottom right "Goggles battery overheated" although the battery was not warm at all.
In addition, the display on the left side is much darker than on the right with a strong green-yellow cast in comparison.
I have tried to record this from pictures, the color difference is particularly clear on a white wall. I suspect my goggles are already defective!

Does anyone else have such a problem?

Left side

Left side

Right side

Right side
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Seidls, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please double-check if the Goggles 2 feels warm in this case, whether the error message existed right after the Goggles 2 is powered on or after a while of using it, and hear if there is a fan spinning from the Goggles 2?
If there is no fan spinning, you may send the unit back for further assistance. Please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
If the fan spins, please help to export the Goggles 2 log via the DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads and provide it to me. Thank you very much.
2022-8-31
Use props
Seidls
lvl.2
Germany

Hi Susan, thanks for your quick reply.
The message appears right at the beginning after switching on also the fan runs relatively loud all the time. The housing of the goggles gets warm after a few minutes.
I have also noticed that the discoloration on the left side at the beginning is only very slightly visible and after a few minutes becomes darker and darker.
Also, there are image streaks on the left that are present immediately with the start. On the right side this is not at all.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Seidls Posted at 8-31 22:26
Hi Susan, thanks for your quick reply.
The message appears right at the beginning after switching on also the fan runs relatively loud all the time. The housing of the goggles gets warm after a few minutes.
I have also noticed that the discoloration on the left side at the beginning is only very slightly visible and after a few minutes becomes darker and darker.

Thank you for your reply. As per the description, it is suggested to send the Goggles 2 in. Kindly contact our support to start a case. You can send me the case number after the case is created, I will keep an eye on it.
2022-9-1
Use props
Seidls
lvl.2
Germany

Hi Susan,
I have contacted support and described the case. I am supposed to get a complete exchange. The case number is CAS-10377800-X2D8Z9.
I have already repacked everything and got it ready for shipping.
Now I am waiting for the return label....
Hopefully the exchange will not take so long....

Thanks again and greetings

2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Seidls Posted at 9-1 04:45
Hi Susan,
I have contacted support and described the case. I am supposed to get a complete exchange. The case number is CAS-10377800-X2D8Z9.
I have already repacked everything and got it ready for shipping.

Thank you, the shipping label will be sent to you within 48 hours. I just took a note on your case and the local team will help with it as soon as they receive the package. Hope the case will be solved and you will receive the package back soon.
Anything else I can help with during the service, please feel free to ask.
A kind reminder, please click the "Reply" button if you reply to me so I can receive the reminder. Thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
BOOSTDtv
lvl.1
United States

my goggles 2 arrived with an issues too. When they first turn on the splash screen comes on then it goes black. after a few minutes it starts turning on and off. then after that it finally turns on. All of this happens over a course of 5-10 minutes. its almost like they need to get warmed up. I also noticed that when they come on if I take them off the proximity sensor doesn't turn them off. Unless there is a time limit I'm not waiting long enough. I have updated to the latest firmware with no luck on fixing the issue. I tried wiggling the wire and connectors but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm hoping I don't have to send them off to be fixed or replaced. I haven't even got to fly yet.
2022-9-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI quality control seems to have got very poor
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_wf338qqLrN4w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1883 ft
United States

Mine came with the Goggles Overheating message on them as well, right out of the box and as soon as they power on. I made sure all components were fully charged and updated, before 1st use, but this message is consistent.
2022-9-15
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try reflashing the firmware on the Goggles 2 by using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
Shot in the dark but is what I would try before returning.
2022-9-15
Use props
Seidls
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_wf338qqLrN4w Posted at 9-15 16:00
Mine came with the Goggles Overheating message on them as well, right out of the box and as soon as they power on. I made sure all components were fully charged and updated, before 1st use, but this message is consistent.

In my case, the google 2 were actually defective and were replaced by the service. In addition to the overheating message, the left display also turned darker after a few minutes.

The exchange took about 1 week and now everything works perfectly.
Have you already contacted the service?
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_wf338qqLrN4w
lvl.1
United States

Seidls Posted at 9-16 01:17
In my case, the google 2 were actually defective and were replaced by the service. In addition to the overheating message, the left display also turned darker after a few minutes.

Waiting for them to open, this morning, so I can begin the process.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_wf338qqLrN4w
lvl.1
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-15 16:45
Try reflashing the firmware on the Goggles 2 by using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
Shot in the dark but is what I would try before returning.

Appreciate the advice, but sadly that did not work
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_wf338qqLrN4w
lvl.1
United States

Seidls Posted at 9-16 01:17

They didn't even question it. As soon as I told them about the overheating message, they instantly offered a replacement unit. Must be a bigger problem that they will never admit to.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_El6lPxkduAVb
lvl.2

United States

Mine googles make it to....time to time it pops up for 10-15 second and disaperd!

Is it normal?

battery overheated ???

battery overheated ???
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules