Mini 3 Pro prop + RC - Screw size, types and dimensions.
8050 16 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

As mentioned in the title I would like to know the types of screws for the Mini 3 Pro and RC Controller
- Propeller  (male thread)
- RC Controller Sticks (female thread)

Is there any official list available?

2022-8-31
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think you will find any official list available, Probably have to remove one and figure out for yourself...
2022-8-31
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

And don't forget that the propeller screws have a step in them.
2022-8-31
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

I don't want to use any other screws.
The originals are treated with microencapsulated adhesive (threadlocker)

I am only concerned about the thread types ;)
2022-8-31
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

So far, what I know

First look says M1.2, but it is M1.4 because trapezoidal thread
Thread pitch:0.25mm
Thread diameter: M1.4 (1.2mm, trapezoidal)
Thread angle: 60°.
Screw length: 3mm
Head: 4.15mm x 0.65mm

2022-9-29
Use props
DJI MacFly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150758 ft
Canada

Has anyone seen torque values for tightening these screws (while fastening the propeller blade)?
2023-3-8
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

No, I haven´t found anything official about the DJI Mini 3 screws.

Non-binding and at your own risk, I would assume this tightening torque
0,15 - 0,20 Nm / 15 - 20 Ncm (only for new screws)

But, the max. possible tightening torques here, e.g. 15cNm to M1.8, do not fit logically
https://sewa-werkzeuge.com/files ... schraubendreher.pdf

However, tightening torques for such small screws are almost impossible to maintain precisely.
It is much more important that the screw is completely screwed in and ALWAYS use new screws (never already used) to ensure the full function of the screw lock (blue pre-coating), even tightening torque is less.

At my place we say "Nach fest kommt ab"
2023-3-8
Use props
Aurgelme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1657 ft
Norway

RoZis Posted at 3-8 11:17
No, I haven´t found anything official about the DJI Mini 3 screws.

Non-binding and at your own risk, I would assume this tightening torque

That was strange. Received new drone few weeks ago with fly more package and two spare sets of propellers. None of the screws are pre-coated with blue screw locking. There was also no screw lock on the propeller screws that were factory mounted on the m3p drone
2023-3-8
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

Aurgelme Posted at 3-8 12:09
That was strange. Received new drone few weeks ago with fly more package and two spare sets of propellers. None of the screws are pre-coated with blue screw locking. There was also no screw lock on the propeller screws that were factory mounted on the m3p drone

Possibly the damage to the screws when loosened by customers outweigh the drone crashes due to missing propellers because screws come loose?

But, I received my spare set in 2022-12 and here in sealed bag, you can see the pre-coating ;)
2023-3-8
Use props
djiuser_YytZaRH64SLf
lvl.1

United States

Hello, is it possible to find the same Torx or Hex head screws? I hate the PH head because I keep messing up the screws. By the way, a small paper manual with the required torque of 1.2 kgf.cm is attached to the original DJI replacement propellers. I tried to achieve this with a precision torque screwdriver and it didn't work - the screw was broken and had to be replaced.
2023-4-18
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_YytZaRH64SLf Posted at 4-18 08:00
Hello, is it possible to find the same Torx or Hex head screws? I hate the PH head because I keep messing up the screws. By the way, a small paper manual with the required torque of 1.2 kgf.cm is attached to the original DJI replacement propellers. I tried to achieve this with a precision torque screwdriver and it didn't work - the screw was broken and had to be replaced.

I can hardly imagine that.
My smallest torque screwdriver starts at 40cNM (40N/cm) which should be about 4.07kgf/cm.
That's less than I use for tightening.

Can you please take a picture of that small manual please?

EDIT: Thankyou for updating with correct torque 0,118Nm / 1.2kgf.cm
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 278&pid=3057913

2023-4-18
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939127 ft
Canada

RoZis Posted at 4-18 09:53
My smallest torque screwdriver starts at 40cNM (40N/cm) which should be about 4.07kgf/cm.

Myself I turn the screws in until they bottom out and do not tighten any further. I think any tightening on these tiny screws risks snapping them off. With the thread locker on them I do not feel there is any risk of them backing out. The top of the screw head is flush with the plastic hub of the propeller when it is screwed in all the way making it quick and easy to do a visual check during preflight inspection to make sure none of the  screws are backing out.
2023-4-18
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

MRDroneRookie Posted at 4-18 11:14
Myself I turn the screws in until they bottom out and do not tighten any further. I think any tightening on these tiny screws risks snapping them off. With the thread locker on them I do not feel there is any risk of them backing out. The top of the screw head is flush with the plastic hub of the propeller when it is screwed in all the way making it quick and easy to do a visual check during preflight inspection to make sure none of the  screws are backing out.

You are right....
...not necessary to tighten the screws until water comes ;)

Because my eyes are failing and I am impatient, fine paint strokes help to quickly check the still secure fit of the screws.

2023-4-18
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939127 ft
Canada

RoZis Posted at 4-18 12:03
You are right....
...not necessary to tighten the screws until water comes ;)

That's a great idea. I am going to start doing that right now.
2023-4-18
Use props
Skarl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4790 ft
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 2022-8-31 14:54
I don't think you will find any official list available, Probably have to remove one and figure out for yourself...

Lost my Mavic 2 Zoom.  Bought a rebuilt dji mini 3 pro.  Screws for propellers were incorrect.  Ordered replacements from Amazon.  Then I am in trial with a lovely court reporter.
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_YytZaRH64SLf
lvl.1

United States

RoZis Posted at 4-18 09:53

Page from the spare props manual.

From spare props manual

From spare props manual
2023-6-1
Use props
SunDune
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64491 ft

United States

RoZis Posted at 2022-9-29 12:38
So far, what I know

[view_image]

The most useful comment that comes on a thread.
2-23 03:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules