Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata will not turn on
6064 15 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc2d6798
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264685 ft
United States

Double pressing the lock button to start the motors does not work. It just beeps twice. I was able to fly until I updated the firmwares. what is going on.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you further. Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
fansce51cef7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83976 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same problem.

Simply press the red lock button on the motion controller once and the motion controller beeps once. Press the red button a second time and instead of the motors starting on the drone, the motion controller just beeps twice.  There are no errors showing up in the goggles.  Everything looks good.  Instructions on goggle says to press red lock button twice on motion controller to start drone but nothing happens other than hearing 2 beeps from the motion controller.  

It is connected and everything in settings says it's calibrated.  The signal strength shown inside the goggles shows full strength on both items.  I even re-calibrated just in case, but nothing changed the problem.  
2022-9-8
Use props
Species_x
lvl.1
Canada

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem.   I need help resolving the issue.  Avata does not start when I press the red lock button twice.
2022-9-9
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure all equipment are updated together.
2022-9-9
Use props
fansce51cef7
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

All firmware is updated together.  No difference. Still have the same problem.
2022-9-9
Use props
KimJongUno-momento
lvl.2
United States

fansce51cef7 Posted at 9-8 23:41
I have the same problem.

Simply press the red lock button on the motion controller once and the motion controller beeps once. Press the red button a second time and instead of the motors starting on the drone, the motion controller just beeps twice.  There are no errors showing up in the goggles.  Everything looks good.  Instructions on goggle says to press red lock button twice on motion controller to start drone but nothing happens other than hearing 2 beeps from the motion controller.  

So I actually eventually figure out what I was doing wrong. Try this. Press the red button twice really fast. on the second press do not hold it down like you would when turning the drone on. If that doesn't do it. press the red button fast three times
2022-9-9
Use props
KimJongUno-momento
lvl.2
United States

Species_x Posted at 9-9 13:32
Hello, I am experiencing the same problem.   I need help resolving the issue.  Avata does not start when I press the red lock button twice.

Press the red button twice fast. without holding it down on the second press. if that doesn't work press the red button fast. three times.
2022-9-9
Use props
Species_x
lvl.1
Canada

fansce51cef7 Posted at 9-9 18:19
All firmware is updated together.  No difference. Still have the same problem.

Same here.  All firmware were updated.  On advice from DJI support, I relinked goggles, motion controller and aircraft.  Still the same.  Motion controller beeps twice after double pressing lock button.  I was on the phone to  DJI support for over an hour.  I was told the problem has been forwarded and to wait TWO days for an email response.  JFC
2022-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please try to refresh the firmware to see if the issue still exists? If possible, please provide us with a video for further confirmation.
2022-9-10
Use props
Species_x
lvl.1
Canada

KimJongUno-momento Posted at 9-9 18:58
Press the red button twice fast. without holding it down on the second press. if that doesn't work press the red button fast. three times.

Hi!  This actually worked for me!  Thank you!
2022-9-10
Use props
RudyL
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

This worked for me too.  Thank you for coming back and letting us know!

In my opinion, this is really a DJI design fault to have all their power buttons designed to work with a short and long/hold press, but in this case they have a button that needs 2 short presses without a long hold.  It doesn't follow the same pattern which is why so many people are confused when it doesn't work.
2022-9-11
Use props
Raftee
New
Flight distance : 135692 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KimJongUno-momento Posted at 9-9 18:57
So I actually eventually figure out what I was doing wrong. Try this. Press the red button twice really fast. on the second press do not hold it down like you would when turning the drone on. If that doesn't do it. press the red button fast three times

Thank you so much for your post. You made my life soooo much better. I was actually embarrassed when I read your post. This is exactly what I was doing wrong.  Much appreciated  
2022-9-25
Use props
egoldy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659442 ft
  • >>>
United States

Species_x Posted at 2022-9-10 12:19
Hi!  This actually worked for me!  Thank you!

This worked for me too - thanks.  Weird.  
2023-5-28
Use props
Lionface
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KimJongUno-momento Posted at 2022-9-9 18:57
So I actually eventually figure out what I was doing wrong. Try this. Press the red button twice really fast. on the second press do not hold it down like you would when turning the drone on. If that doesn't do it. press the red button fast three times

this worked at home but not out and about but thanks for the tip! dji pull your finger out ur b***
2023-7-9
Use props
Evan Hinesly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85545 ft
United States

I’m sure someone else said this by now but it seems that you HAVE to plug your phone / mobile device in and have DJI Fly on in order to fly, hope this helps.
2023-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules