Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata Battery charging time
14952 18 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fNfyOeAtgwEY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190676 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi all,
The charging time for a battery is several hours. I have 5 batteries and it´s for all the same. I connected the batteries to different plugs and it didn't make much of a difference. Do you have a tip to shorten the charching time?
Otherwise, if I want to fly, I have to start charging the 5 batteries 2 days beforehand so that they are full. But on the same day if you want to fly it is not possible.

Thanks in advance!

2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. DJI suggest using a recommended charger ( 65W Portable Charger ) to charge your DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery for compatibility and reliability purposes. The DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery's Charging Time ( for one single battery ) : When charging it to 94%: It takes approx. 37 mins., when charging it to 100%: It takes approx. 48 mins. Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_fNfyOeAtgwEY
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 19:04
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. DJI suggest using a recommended charger ( 65W Portable Charger ) to charge your DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery for compatibility and reliability purposes. The DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery's Charging Time ( for one single battery ) : When charging it to 94%: It takes approx. 37 mins., when charging it to 100%: It takes approx. 48 mins. Thank you.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I ordered  the 65W charger from DJI. I hope it works.

cheers
2022-8-31
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

i am charging with 65W charger and it takes max 30 minutes per battery.
2022-9-1
Use props
Shank McGuilicutty
lvl.1
United States

Awesome. I came here because of this issue. I just swapped out the iPad brick I was using (12W) for a Mac brick (61W) and even the charging indicator lights on the battery are blinking at a much faster rate.  They were slowly going "1..... 2..... 3..... Off".  Now they are "123off, 123off, 123off". Awesome... This was about to be a huge issue for me.  I knew I couldn't be the only one...

With all that said, your batteries will last a lot longer if you charge slowly, so if you're charging for the next day and not for an immediate flight, you'd be best served using a lower power brick and letting it charge over time.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_fNfyOeAtgwEY
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 19:04
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. DJI suggest using a recommended charger ( 65W Portable Charger ) to charge your DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery for compatibility and reliability purposes. The DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery's Charging Time ( for one single battery ) : When charging it to 94%: It takes approx. 37 mins., when charging it to 100%: It takes approx. 48 mins. Thank you.

I got a 65W charger now and tested. From almost empty to 100% full around 50 Minutes. I am happy now
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_fNfyOeAtgwEY Posted at 8-31 22:29
Thanks a lot for your answer. I ordered  the 65W charger from DJI. I hope it works.

cheers

Hi there. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not all USB chargers are created equal! Currently Im using the MacBook Pro charger to charge the batteries, its delivering the maximum 70W the batteries can take. I also have a 65W DJI Charger from my Mavic 3. which is also working well.

Essentially you need a PD charger capable of delivering 70W+ if you want the fastest charge, secondly you will only get this when using a cable with a USB-C at both ends & rated to deliver this power. There are a few 100W cables on Amazon, I'm using an Mcdodo 100W cable with built in power display.

The 65W DJI unit has an attached USB-C cable and a USB-A socket, which is handy for the remote, but won't deliver the full 65W through the USB-A connector.

Intresting note, the single battery charge adapter that is shipped with the Avata only charges the battery at 48W, the Avata Charging Hub, that comes in the flymore kit, charges at 70W.
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_fNfyOeAtgwEY Posted at 9-1 06:35
I got a 65W charger now and tested. From almost empty to 100% full around 50 Minutes. I am happy now

Hi there. Good day and thank you for sharing this wonderful information. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-9-2
Use props
Brlux
lvl.2

United States

Just as an FYI, the single battery charger that comes with the Avata charges at a maximum of 45W assuming you are using a PD charger that can support up to that power level. For instance if you use a 30W adapter it will charge up to 30W maximum. Or if you use a USB-C to USB-A cable I have never been able to get more than 10W. The 4 bank charger in the fly more kit will charge up to 65W assuming you are using a USB-C PD source that can negotiate up to that amount of power.
2022-9-28
Use props
fans5bb87d54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1176509 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I have perfect and cheapest solution for fast charge DJI Avata and Mini 3 Pro! Buy any 100w car charger and use original short USB C to USB C cable from pack of DJI Avata or Mini 3 Pro.
Problem solved! Now you can fast charge your drone
2023-1-7
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Buzzyone Posted at 2022-9-2 00:20
Intresting note, the single battery charge adapter that is shipped with the Avata only charges the battery at 48W, the Avata Charging Hub, that comes in the flymore kit, charges at 70W.

Right I just discovered that the single charger charges at 2.8A while the FlyMore one charges at 4A (with the same 65W brick)

2023-1-11
Use props
CaliClyde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2333406 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-8-31 19:04

Will the Anker 65w usb c work?
2023-2-2
Use props
fans19b053bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34196 ft
United States

CaliClyde Posted at 2-2 21:53
Will the Anker 65w usb c work?

Any good quality usbc charger should work fine.  I used my MacBook charger for fastest charging.
2023-3-26
Use props
kovbenc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128560 ft
Hungary

I had the same problem.... with my  40W Huawei charger it took almost 2 hours to charge one battery (and the charging LEDs blinked slowly. With a 67W Xiaomi charger it's like 45 minutes, and the LEDs blink faster!!! :-)
2023-5-16
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

Shank McGuilicutty Posted at 2022-9-1 05:02
Awesome. I came here because of this issue. I just swapped out the iPad brick I was using (12W) for a Mac brick (61W) and even the charging indicator lights on the battery are blinking at a much faster rate.  They were slowly going "1..... 2..... 3..... Off".  Now they are "123off, 123off, 123off". Awesome... This was about to be a huge issue for me.  I knew I couldn't be the only one...

With all that said, your batteries will last a lot longer if you charge slowly, so if you're charging for the next day and not for an immediate flight, you'd be best served using a lower power brick and letting it charge over time.

Why should batteries last longer if you charge them slow? Batteries don't care about the speed. The only aspect its affecting is Battery Life on Long Term which should make for 65w not a real Diffrence at all, not sure what the mAh of the Avata accus are but 65w should be safe to use.
2023-5-16
Use props
djiuser_vfGmBUMg9FuK
New

United States

Takes 14+ hours to charge 3-battery pack on my Air 3! Using the hardwired USB- C cable. What's wrong??
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_vfGmBUMg9FuK Posted at 10-22 08:16
Takes 14+ hours to charge 3-battery pack on my Air 3! Using the hardwired USB- C cable. What's wrong??

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. The DJI Air 3 aircraft and battery charging hub are compatible with mainstream chargers that support PD and PPS fast charging protocols. However, if you use chargers with different protocols, it may restrict the charging power and lead to slower charging speeds. To ensure optimal charging, we recommend utilizing chargers that support PD 3.0 or PPS protocol, or alternatively, consider purchasing the DJI 65W Portable Charger or 100W USB-C Power Adapter.
2023-10-22
Use props
djiuser_VWMSkMu07vtC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50886 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-8-31 19:04
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. DJI suggest using a recommended charger ( 65W Portable Charger ) to charge your DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery for compatibility and reliability purposes. The DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery's Charging Time ( for one single battery ) : When charging it to 94%: It takes approx. 37 mins., when charging it to 100%: It takes approx. 48 mins. Thank you.

Using 65W will cause it to fast charge. I see that fast charging shortens the battery life by over 1k charging cycles?
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules