L1 stops collecting data midway through missions
1545 6 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bbegroup
lvl.1
United States

I've had the L1/M300 combo for well over a year now and have never experienced this problem. Just like the title says, everything works great at the beginning of a mission - but after the 1st or 2nd battery change, the L1 will not start recording data once it returns to where the mission was paused. Just a blank screen and no lidar data being recorded. The RGB camera functions properly and takes photos at timed intervals like it should, but the L1 data recording is intermittent. Sometimes after several reboots and time wasted, I can get the L1 to function properly again, but not everytime. The issue is present in both mapping and manual data collection.

I was pretty certain/hopeful that the L1 was faulty and being desperate to complete the project, I elected to have a loaner L1 overnighted to me... only for it to arrive and experience the same issues! I'm stumped. The odds of 2 L1's being faulty are very slim, but there are no issues with the m300, controllers, batteries, or base station. Everything is up to date and functioning properly. Both the P1 and H20T work as they should and have completed missions since the onset of this problem.  I even tried downgrading the m300's software thinking that may help. It didn't. The lidar worked until the 2nd battery change and then cut out again.

I am currently still on this project and would love any feedback.

2022-8-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

It could be Pilot2 issue. I recommand to try with UGCS trial version to see if the problem continue.
2022-9-1
Use props
AlpRS
lvl.1

Switzerland

Same issue here. Any news on this problem?
2022-10-11
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also try swapping SD cards. Sometimes the old tried and true cards wear out.
2022-10-11
Use props
SurveySays
lvl.1
United States

I am having this same issue.  Any updates on the problem?
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_SjXoCRwfPYR2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3986 ft
Bulgaria

Same issue here. L1 collects data but at the end when rendered the part is missing - so we just waste battery. Continuing a stopped lidar mapping is not working well at all..
4-11 05:06
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

djiuser_SjXoCRwfPYR2 Posted at 4-11 05:06
Same issue here. L1 collects data but at the end when rendered the part is missing - so we just waste battery. Continuing a stopped lidar mapping is not working well at all..

I never had this issue but I would recommend : factory reset your controller and check/replace SD card.
4-11 23:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules