Serial numbers dont match box/drone - Stolen Drone Mess
486 4 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdGebz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284446 ft
United States

See the other post I had my drone stolen.  I believe with 99% certainty that I found the seller/thief on Facebook Marketplace.  My area is fairly small.
The thief/seller was missing the AC adapter, extra thumb sticks, and box all of which I have.

Police did confront the seller/thief but according to the officer, the Serial number on the drone does not match my box serial number.  How is this possible?

Now my chance of recovery is gone most likely.  

Oh, and the seller/thief was arrested for outstanding warrants and is now in jail.  They were only asking $500 for the Air 2S Drone fly more kit.  Again pretty obvious.

Why are the numbers different?  What can be done about this?

The officer says the number on the drone starts with 3N3BJBJ

The box serial number is: 3YTSJ3K0030HXN

2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about your case. Getting back to the serial number issue, did anyone change the box/aircraft? In normal cases, the serial number in the battery compartment in the aircraft should be the same as the one printed in the box. If you need the serial of the aircraft you flew, you can try to check the serial number in your Device Management in your DJI Fly app.
Please let me know if there is anything I can help with, I will try to help.
2022-8-31
Use props
EdGebz
lvl.1
United States

Yes I pulled the flight data and got that serial number. It's a different number as well. I also got the battery numbers and hope that one of those match the physical battery numbers that will prove it's mine.
2022-9-1
Use props
EdGebz
lvl.1
United States

The serial number on the App and pulled from flight data logs is a different number as well:
3YT3JCH003Z037

listed as Aircraft Serial.  Is this number supposed to actually match the number that is printed on the drone?

I have heard this before but I have a Spark here in hand and the numbers also do not match.  So the numbers are different.
The serail number that is printed on the drone and the one in the DJI App are not the same.

2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for the update.
Could you please send us some related screenshots so that we can better confirm with the team?
Thank you in advance.
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules