Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NEW DJI Goggles 2 - A Long Awaited Upgrade

2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have found. Nicely done and have a nice day.
2022-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice find
2022-9-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool find DA.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-1 12:38
Cool find DA.  Thanks for sharing.

No probs DT.  Hope you had a nice day.  
2022-9-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-1 23:01
No probs DT.  Hope you had a nice day.

You're very welcome DA.     Still taking it easy until the Doctor releases me from "light duty".  Pain is gone but still a bit sore from where spear entered my thigh.
2022-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-2 03:09
You're very welcome DA.     Still taking it easy until the Doctor releases me from "light duty".  Pain is gone but still a bit sore from where spear entered my thigh.

wait what!!!,    I didnt here that had happened.    You could have died?
2022-9-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-2 03:37
wait what!!!,    I didnt here that had happened.    You could have died?

I thought I had replied to one of your posts about my incident but it could have been my head was still foggy from all the pain meds.

I was on a dive trip with 3 others to a local man made reef.  A 16 year old kid who was not a part of our dive party shot me in the thigh with a spear gun.  Fortunately, it was the thigh and not a vital organ.  Two of the gents I was with pursued the kid and held him until law enforcement showed up and the other one helped get me back to the shore and to the Hospital ER.  They were able to extract the spear and then pumped me full of antibiotics and used 8 staples to close the wound area.  Had to stay overnight and Doctor released me the following day - but only because my daughter is an RN and was going to monitor me for the next 48 hours.  Anyway, the pain meds were making me loopy so I finally quite taking them.  I'm still a bit sore in the thigh area but no signs of infection and the wound appears to be healing okay.  I go back in Tuesday to have the staples removed.  Bummer is no diving for at least another 2-3 weeks.  The teen had rented the scuba gear and spear.  He said he really only wanted to go diving and was not sure why he had the spear gun.  Problem is he had no training/certification to dive and therefore whoever rented him the gear will also be in trouble.  

I know it could have been  much worse so I'm just thankful it wasn't.  Not sure what will happen to the teen but hopefully he learned a lesson in all of this.  His dad's attorney contacted me to let me know they will cover all my medical expenses.  When he found out I was a retired attorney he didn't seem to be too happy.  Guess he was afraid that I would be suing his client.   
2022-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-3 03:16
I thought I had replied to one of your posts about my incident but it could have been my head was still foggy from all the pain meds.

I was on a dive trip with 3 others to a local man made reef.  A 16 year old kid who was not a part of our dive party shot me in the thigh with a spear gun.  Fortunately, it was the thigh and not a vital organ.  Two of the gents I was with pursued the kid and held him until law enforcement showed up and the other one helped get me back to the shore and to the Hospital ER.  They were able to extract the spear and then pumped me full of antibiotics and used 8 staples to close the wound area.  Had to stay overnight and Doctor released me the following day - but only because my daughter is an RN and was going to monitor me for the next 48 hours.  Anyway, the pain meds were making me loopy so I finally quite taking them.  I'm still a bit sore in the thigh area but no signs of infection and the wound appears to be healing okay.  I go back in Tuesday to have the staples removed.  Bummer is no diving for at least another 2-3 weeks.  The teen had rented the scuba gear and spear.  He said he really only wanted to go diving and was not sure why he had the spear gun.  Problem is he had no training/certification to dive and therefore whoever rented him the gear will also be in trouble.  

Oh my,   Im speechless.    Good job the sharks didnt smell the blood.

I would have thought they would be covering more than just the medical expense,    what about the cost of diving trip they wrecked and the costs of the wet suit that now has a hole in it?
2022-9-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-3 22:56
Oh my,   Im speechless.    Good job the sharks didnt smell the blood.

I would have thought they would be covering more than just the medical expense,    what about the cost of diving trip they wrecked and the costs of the wet suit that now has a hole in it?

I will present a bill to them to include all expenses and not just medical.  The dad is one of the wealthiest persons in this part of the state so I'm sure he'd rather settle than have to face a law suit, especially since the dive gear and  spear were rented under his marine companies name.  This was how the kid got around not having to show certification.  However, that brings the onus on the company to ensure any user was trained/certified and that didn't happen.  Everything is stacked up against them if they decline settlement and want to go to court.
2022-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-4 04:17
I will present a bill to them to include all expenses and not just medical.  The dad is one of the wealthiest persons in this part of the state so I'm sure he'd rather settle than have to face a law suit, especially since the dive gear and  spear were rented under his marine companies name.  This was how the kid got around not having to show certification.  However, that brings the onus on the company to ensure any user was trained/certified and that didn't happen.  Everything is stacked up against them if they decline settlement and want to go to court.

Just curious did the police get involved too?
2022-9-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-4 22:08
Just curious did the police get involved too?

They were called by 2 of the divers in my dive party.  They took statements from the kid and the 2 divers and then came to the ER to take a statement from me and the other diver.  The patrolmen wanted to charge him with assault but the Duty Sargent said to fill out all the reports and then they would forward them to the Sheriff and the State's Attorney for consideration of charges to be filed.  The thing to remember here is his dad is filthy rich and has lots and lots of political clout not only locally but at the state level as well.  A big fine to his company would be nothing more than a slap on the wrist.  His main concern seems to be covering for his kid.  Seems there has been a pattern of this kid having issues with the law and the charges never happening or disappearing shortly afterwards.  

I'm sure you heard the saying:  "Money talks and ......... walks".  
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeeze, what you find out over a Billy Kyle video. Glad to hear you're doing well DT. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the new googles 2 arrival. In reality, I had zero intention on buying Avata, but I couldn't resist.
2022-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-5 05:05
They were called by 2 of the divers in my dive party.  They took statements from the kid and the 2 divers and then came to the ER to take a statement from me and the other diver.  The patrolmen wanted to charge him with assault but the Duty Sargent said to fill out all the reports and then they would forward them to the Sheriff and the State's Attorney for consideration of charges to be filed.  The thing to remember here is his dad is filthy rich and has lots and lots of political clout not only locally but at the state level as well.  A big fine to his company would be nothing more than a slap on the wrist.  His main concern seems to be covering for his kid.  Seems there has been a pattern of this kid having issues with the law and the charges never happening or disappearing shortly afterwards.  

Yes,  it certainly seems in the USA that some people are above the law.   Hopefully it will catch up with then eventually.  
2022-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 01:24
Yes,  it certainly seems in the USA that some people are above the law.   Hopefully it will catch up with then eventually.

I'll send you a PM on this.
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 08:56
I'll send you a PM on this.

I replied.  
2022-9-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Got it.  Thanks for the reply.
2022-9-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought I had replied to one of your posts about my incident but it could have been my head was still foggy from all the pain meds.

I was on a dive trip with 3 others to a local man made reef.  A 16 year old kid who was not a part of our dive party shot me in the thigh with a spear gun.  Fortunately, it was the thigh and not a vital organ.  Two of the gents I was with pursued the kid and held him until law enforcement showed up and the other one helped get me back to the shore and to the Hospital ER.  They were able to extract the spear and then pumped me full of antibiotics and used 8 staples to close the wound area.  Had to stay overnight and Doctor released me the following day - but only because my daughter is an RN and was going to monitor me for the next 48 hours.  Anyway, the pain meds were making me loopy so I finally quite taking them.  I'm still a bit sore in the thigh area but no signs of infection and the wound appears to be healing okay.  I go back in Tuesday to have the staples removed.  Bummer is no diving for at least another 2-3 weeks.  The teen had rented the scuba gear and spear.  He said he really only wanted to go diving and was not sure why he had the spear gun.  Problem is he had no training/certification to dive and therefore whoever rented him the gear will also be in trouble.  

Holy $*$(#!     That's one crazy story!  Glad your okay and healing up.  
2022-9-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-5 05:05
They were called by 2 of the divers in my dive party.  They took statements from the kid and the 2 divers and then came to the ER to take a statement from me and the other diver.  The patrolmen wanted to charge him with assault but the Duty Sargent said to fill out all the reports and then they would forward them to the Sheriff and the State's Attorney for consideration of charges to be filed.  The thing to remember here is his dad is filthy rich and has lots and lots of political clout not only locally but at the state level as well.  A big fine to his company would be nothing more than a slap on the wrist.  His main concern seems to be covering for his kid.  Seems there has been a pattern of this kid having issues with the law and the charges never happening or disappearing shortly afterwards.  

I hear ya on that!  Money does talk 110% of the time.  Have over a decade of legal experience myself and dealing with courts and how 'The System' works.  Do what you feel comfortable with legally...but unless you've got money to spend its easy for this stuff to get tied up for years.
2022-9-7
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

@5:05 he mentions new foam padding. This is not the "upgraded" foam version like on Goggles V1 or V2.
After contacting DJI Sales support this is the original foam padding and there are no plans to release a fixed "foamier" version.
We all need to have flat faces or cut our noses off to make this fit right. lol
2022-9-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-7 05:24
Holy $*$(#!     That's one crazy story!  Glad your okay and healing up.

Thanks.  Had first follow up yesterday and Doctor said I'm healing well but he wants to leave the staples in until this coming out of an abundance of caution to keep the incision closed.  

2022-9-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-7 05:27
I hear ya on that!  Money does talk 110% of the time.  Have over a decade of legal experience myself and dealing with courts and how 'The System' works.  Do what you feel comfortable with legally...but unless you've got money to spend its easy for this stuff to get tied up for years.

I'm a retired attorney so no problems in how the legal system works but I'm also aware of the impact that large donors political campaign contributions have on the judicial system.  I have what I feel is an excellent strategy on how to handle this issue.  
2022-9-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-7 07:59
I'm a retired attorney so no problems in how the legal system works but I'm also aware of the impact that large donors political campaign contributions have on the judicial system.  I have what I feel is an excellent strategy on how to handle this issue.

I'm sure you've got it covered.  Best of luck on whatever path you decide to take.
2022-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-7 04:03
Got it.  Thanks for the reply.

Out of interest did you loose a load of points recently?
2022-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob Brown Posted at 9-7 07:35
@5:05 he mentions new foam padding. This is not the "upgraded" foam version like on Goggles V1 or V2.
After contacting DJI Sales support this is the original foam padding and there are no plans to release a fixed "foamier" version.
We all need to have flat faces or cut our noses off to make this fit right. lol

Im sure third party ones will be on sale very soon,  and Ive seen one video where the guy takes a foamy from the v2 goggles and with scissors makes to work for the goggles.  
2022-9-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 9-7 18:22
I'm sure you've got it covered.  Best of luck on whatever path you decide to take.

Thank you very much.  

Hope you are having a great week.
2022-9-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 00:33
Out of interest did you loose a load of points recently?

Now that you mention it I did see a loss of points.  Not sure what that was about.
2022-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-8 10:16
Now that you mention it I did see a loss of points.  Not sure what that was about.

I couldn't track it down either,  Monty didn't notice any issue.
2022-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 01:13
I couldn't track it down either,  Monty didn't notice any issue.

That's a bit strange.  You figure it would have effected more users.  Maybe we just got singled out.  
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-9 03:37
That's a bit strange.  You figure it would have effected more users.  Maybe we just got singled out.

My first thought was they deleted the spam thread or something.
2022-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 03:46
My first thought was they deleted the spam thread or something.

Yeah, I'm at a total loss of how or why the points loss occurred.  I just put it behind me now.  
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-9 04:12
Yeah, I'm at a total loss of how or why the points loss occurred.  I just put it behind me now.

Yeah,   me too.  
2022-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 04:14
Yeah,   me too.

Besides, what else could we do.  

Gotta take a break from the forum and go make some breakfast.  

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend DA.  
2022-9-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Very sorry to hear about your accident But good to hear you didn't get killed. I hope you recover soon. Take care!
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-9 04:19
Besides, what else could we do.  

Gotta take a break from the forum and go make some breakfast.  

Nice.   I only had two expressos myself for breakie.
2022-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 9-9 12:43
Very sorry to hear about your accident  But good to hear you didn't get killed. I hope you recover soon. Take care!

Yeah, could have been much worse.  Anyway, I'm healing okay and just taking it easy in the  meantime.  
2022-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-10 00:20
Nice.   I only had two expressos myself for breakie.

I guess I was a bit hungry as I whipped up a large stack pancakes with sausage links.  
2022-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-10 06:03
I guess I was a bit hungry as I whipped up a large stack pancakes with sausage links.

Now thats a breakfast for kings.  
2022-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-10 23:18
Now thats a breakfast for kings.

I don't know about fit for a king but it sure filled me up.    Went healthy for breakfast this AM with bowl of assorted fruits to go along with my morning coffee.  

Looking forward to getting staples out of thigh tomorrow.  
2022-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-11 04:27
I don't know about fit for a king but it sure filled me up.    Went healthy for breakfast this AM with bowl of assorted fruits to go along with my morning coffee.  

Looking forward to getting staples out of thigh tomorrow.

Now that is a much healthier option.   

Good luck with those staples.  
2022-9-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules