Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Forum Family,

I am inquiring everyone's knowledge in reference to flying a drone in the following country’s (noted below) and what the restrictions are.  I am getting several different answers when i inquire about it and I’m not sure whom to believe or whom I should trust.

Could any of you tell me, or at least direct me, to where to go to get the correct Information?  Last thing I want is my drone taken away because I did something I should not have and didn’t realize it.

I don't know if I need to take some sort of test like I did with the FAA here in the USA or not and if so, were do I go to do that and does it cover 1 or some or all of these country's?

Here are the country’s I will be visiting:
Germany
Austria
Slovakia
Hungary
Switzerland
France
Iceland

Thanks for your help

2022-9-1
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Out of your list, I can give you a little input on Switzerland since I will be visiting there this month.
Check the FOCA site (https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... tigsten-regeln.html), which is Switzerland's aviation authority that has all of the drone regulations. They have certain guidelines depending on the weight of your drone. They also have a fly area map with zones where you can/cannot fly with/without limitations.  They have not adopted EU regulations (since they aren't part of the EU).
You may need to register and complete the certification test.  The only thing about this test (through their UAS.gate portal) is that they don't have it available in English (only German, French, Italian).

You can also email them, as they are pretty responsive.
2022-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Stick to the official website and not the various 'drone sites' that are commercial.
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ProQuad. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  I will post a DJI link where in you can check some information on DJI Flying Tips ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips?site=brandsite&from=nav ) from different locations. Just a friendly reminder that laws and regulations regarding UAVs can vary widely depending on location. I hope this can help you as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-9-1
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

For Germany just take the App called "Droniq". This should give you some good information.
Generelly said in Europe you are only allowed to fly
- not above 120 meters above ground
- your drone within your sight
(these rules are gerneral, but I only have experience with the DJI MIni 3 Pro, which is in the lightest category - under 250g)

Hope this helps, although it is just a small view in the law jungle... There are many, many more rules so you really have to search a lot before starting your drone.
2022-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules