6024 21 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artaldrich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cannot get the new Avata motion controller to charge.

Hvae tried numerous chargers and cables. No issues charging the batteries themselves, just motion controller.

Are the LEDs suppose to flash when charging?

DJI support queues are long right now...
2022-9-1
Use props
statuswrex
lvl.1
United States

I had the same issue with dif charging bricks/cords. Seems finicky but yeah it’ll blink when charging.  
Example: my MacAir brick/usbc-usbc cord will charge the batteries but not the controllers.
I have 2 motion controllers, both react the same way to certain charging solutions.
2022-9-1
Use props
fans30216b1a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 395062 ft
United States

I had the same issue. I found that if I use a USB A to USB C cable it charged just fine. I couldn't get it to charge using a USB C to USB C cable.
2022-9-1
Use props
Lundis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168314 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I had the same issue. I found that if I use a USB A to USB C cable it charge, but lights are blinking very fast. When charging battery its slowly blinking.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_RhYouXK2PGnm
New

United States

fans30216b1a Posted at 9-1 10:35
I had the same issue. I found that if I use a USB A to USB C cable it charged just fine. I couldn't get it to charge using a USB C to USB C cable.

That worked for me as well, USB-A to USB-C and it started charging right away. Thanks for the tip!
2022-9-1
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Motion controller does not support PD charging.

USB-A to USB-C is the way to charge it.
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there artaldrich. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try using a USB-A to USB-C to charge your DJI Motion Controller to see if still the issue persist? Kindly please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-9-1
Use props
Lundis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168314 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-1 19:15
Hello there artaldrich. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please try using a USB-A to USB-C to charge your DJI Motion Controller to see if still the issue persist? Kindly please keep us posted. Thank you.

[view_image]

So, what is this then? Is this something DJI did know about and keep a secret? What about putting this cable in the box aswell!
2022-9-2
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

I can confirm that DJI Motion Controller is very specific as only two out of about ten of my chargers/cables are capable to charging it.
2022-9-2
Use props
fans630ddc40
New

United States

Appreciative of the tip here - it’s been driving me crazy all day trying to figure out .

Sounds like a bug and warranty issue as the instructions nor the kit mentioned it or provided the rare unicorn cord it shouldn’t require in the first place .

2022-9-5
Use props
fans630ddc40
New

United States

Appreciative of the tip here - it’s been driving me crazy all day trying to figure out .

Sounds like a bug and warranty issue as the instructions nor the kit mentioned it or provided the rare unicorn cord it shouldn’t require in the first place .

2022-9-5
Use props
artaldrich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI support was clueless and told me to start a return with the reseller.

This needs to be documented better for sure.
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_jpxjeM4oZZsB
New

United States

This worked for me too, I don't understand why.
2022-9-9
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lundis Posted at 9-2 00:01
So, what is this then? Is this something DJI did know about and keep a secret? What about putting this cable in the box aswell!
Not a secret it’s in the manual.
4B5BFB88-F847-4C4D-826F-EEFC36C14AB4.jpeg
2022-9-9
Use props
Dave In NH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13436247 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe this is a cable issue. I managed to find a USB C cable that works. The chargerbitself doesn't seem to play a role, just the cable you use. I bought a 65 watt car charger kit from Drone Valley and the cable that came with it can be used to charge the controller. I also have had luck with a Voutz USB C cable as well. Not all the Volutz cables work, but I have one that does.
2022-9-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dave In NH Posted at 9-15 14:27
I believe this is a cable issue. I managed to find a USB C cable that works. The chargerbitself doesn't seem to play a role, just the cable you use. I bought a 65 watt car charger kit from Drone Valley and the cable that came with it can be used to charge the controller. I also have had luck with a Voutz USB C cable as well. Not all the Volutz cables work, but I have one that does.

I too use the Drone Valley 65W car charger as well as their wall plug with no issues. Just need to use an old "A" to "C" cable. It also works with a 120W and 240W brick.
2022-9-15
Use props
fans2a15ec1c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16381 ft
United States

THANK YOU!!!  I have not been able to charge my Motion controller for a week!  And with my two-stick controller on back order for a month, this left me with no way to fly my new drone.  Why was a piece of paper, with the solution in 72-point type, not included in the box? This is a major oversite on DJI's part. So was designing the controller this way.
2022-9-19
Use props
Kelvin Ross
lvl.1

Australia

USB-C to USB-C didnt work for me either.  I used the charger I have for Mavic 3, used the USB-A - USB-C cable that plugs into the mavic 3 charger.
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

artaldrich Posted at 9-5 17:38
DJI support was clueless and told me to start a return with the reseller.

This needs to be documented better for sure.

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will confirm this problem with our support.
May we confirm if your problem is resolved now?
If not, please use 5v1A/2A charger.
Thank you.
2022-9-20
Use props
katadair
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 9-9 23:44
Not a secret it’s in the manual.[Image]

The problem is is that nobody has any freaking clue what a PD charging block is.

Use an old Apple iPhone Square charging block with a USB old style connector to USB-C cable.
2022-9-23
Use props
LGustavo
New

Brazil

I'm having the same problem, but I'm going to try to use the usb a to usb c cable, as they said here.
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_7Iq7Tcb7zMUY
New

United States

Thanks for the tip about using an USB-A to USB-C cable to recharge our DJI controllers. I wasted hours of my valuable time trying to figure it out!

DJI team, get your act together! This is an unacceptable flaw in your product design and in your support documentation! I will not recommend this device to others until this flaw is fixed.
2023-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules