Auto Focus or Manual Focus on Mini 3 Pro?
5028 5 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black Diesel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United States

I just bought a Mini 3 Pro and haven't flown it yet.  On my Mavic 2 Pro I've experienced some focus breathing in Auto Focus mode which has ruined some clips.  Is it safe to use Auto Focus on the Mini 3 pro or will it hunt and breathe for focus and ruin the clip?  For anyone using Manual Focus on the Mini 3 pro, can you share what setting you are using to ensure infinity focus?  I can't find much information on using Manual Focus with the Mini 3 Pro.
2022-9-1
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Hey Black Diesel

I mainly shoot stills but start on autofocus touch the screen to lock it in then switch to manual focus. Seems to work fine but if I don't do that I can have issues.

Good luck!

Cheers

Bussty
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Black Diesel. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro can share and give out the best information from there experience on this matter. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-9-1
Use props
Drohnenfieber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310840 ft
Germany

If I remember right, auto focus stops after hitting record. So it locks on only one time per record. At least for me this isn't an issue.
2022-9-3
Use props
Black Diesel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United States

Drohnenfieber Posted at 9-3 01:45
If I remember right, auto focus stops after hitting record. So it locks on only one time per record. At least for me this isn't an issue.

This is incorrect, I tested this yesterday and if left in AF the focus will breath/hunt occasionally and ruin your clip.
2022-9-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Black Diesel Posted at 9-3 07:07
This is incorrect, I tested this yesterday and if left in AF the focus will breath/hunt occasionally and ruin your clip.

I have not noticed this, but i will look out for it next time...
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules