Goggles 2 with Virtual Flight
3525 14 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans97d0aa1d
lvl.1
Ireland

I can’t get the Goggles 2 and Virtual Flight to connect. (iOS)

The furthest I got was it asking me to paid the motion controller, but it didn’t detect it.

I then updated the goggles firmware via he DJI Fly app, relinked everything again, and now Virtual Flight does not detect the goggles at all.

I’ve reinstalled the Virtual Flight app too, same result.

DJI Fly connects fine to the goggles, controller, and drone. The problem is confined only to Virtual Flight.

Thanks!
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes when this is happening and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
fans97d0aa1d
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-1 20:30
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes when this is happening and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

It's an Iphone 13 Pro running iOS 15.5 - I can try updating to 15.6.1 if you think that could help, just noticed it's available.

I'm getting no error messages, it just says Connecting,.. and nothing happens.

Thanks Stephen!
2022-9-2
Use props
fans2914f156
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4990 ft
United States

My virtual flight app is 1.3.2. I deleted it to download 1.4.1 from the App Store and it just re-downloaded 1.3.2. It’s be awfully great to connect my googles 2 to the virtual flight app.
2022-9-2
Use props
fans97d0aa1d
lvl.1
Ireland

fans2914f156 Posted at 9-2 03:18
My virtual flight app is 1.3.2. I deleted it to download 1.4.1 from the App Store and it just re-downloaded 1.3.2. It’s be awfully great to connect my googles 2 to the virtual flight app.
Oh interesting, mine is also 1.3.2. Maybe they haven’t updated the version in the Australian App Store?

Edit: Just checked, the App Store says it’s version 1.4.1 but reinstalling it and checking in the app I see the attached under release notes. Maybe they just didn’t add release notes for the new version ?
2E7C0B1B-B800-452F-B7CA-B5726BF54C93.png
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_BurWImOQ4BK6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same here - there is only the Goggles v2 option and not the goggle 2 ( very confusing as they should have called them v3) anyways not able to use the virtual flight option with new goggles - DJI please resolve thanks
2022-9-3
Use props
crupert
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here. I have tried to connect my Goggles 2 to both my Ipad & iPhone both stalls out at the "Connecting" Screen.
Google Firmware is updated & Virtual Flight App just downloaded from Apple Store and it's version 1.3.2 (even though the apple store says V1.4.1)

Seems like the issue is related to the Version of Virtual Flight App and us not being able to download the newest update from the Apple Store. Somehow Apple is not pushing through the latest version on the App Store.

Thanks
2022-9-3
Use props
dkemme
lvl.1

United States

In the Goggles, select left menu, down at the bottom select more... and the first choice is APP DJI Virtual Flight. After selected start App on the phone and plug in headset.
2022-9-4
Use props
rupe100
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Got it to work. Thanks for the Tip.
2022-9-4
Use props
Mei Lewis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dkemme Posted at 9-4 13:32
In the Goggles, select left menu, down at the bottom select more... and the first choice is APP DJI Virtual Flight. After selected start App on the phone and plug in headset.

I have the same problem as OP and I#m trying to do this, but I don't have the option, just 'Wireless Streaming'.
2022-9-15
Use props
Mei Lewis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dkemme Posted at 9-4 13:32
In the Goggles, select left menu, down at the bottom select more... and the first choice is APP DJI Virtual Flight. After selected start App on the phone and plug in headset.

I have the same problem as OP and I#m trying to do this, but I don't have the option, just 'Wireless Streaming'.
2022-9-15
Use props
Mei Lewis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rupe100 Posted at 9-4 14:41

2022-9-15
Use props
Mei Lewis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rupe100 Posted at 9-4 14:41

I am using the Goggles 2 and an iPhone.

Can anyone confirm they have got this combination to work? The Avata page suggests virtual flight as a donwload, so it should work?
https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/avata
2022-9-15
Use props
Mei Lewis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A new firmware update became available in the DJI Fly app. I did the update and now there is an option in the goggles to connect to the DJI Virtual Flight app. I can now connect.
2022-9-19
Use props
Mei Lewis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A new firmware update became available in the DJI Fly app. I did the update and now there is an option in the goggles to connect to the DJI Virtual Flight app. I can now connect.
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules