Charge with DJI FPV Charging Hub
3871 15 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

I do not have my Avata, drone only, yet.  Looks like about 3 weeks.  But looking at pics of the battery, and the USB charging hub in the Avata Flymore kit, i see some similarities.

So, can the DJI Avata batteries be charged with the DJI FPV charging hub.   That would be awesome!

2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ranger7777. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI FPV Battery Charging Hub ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-battery-charging-hub ) is only compatible with the DJI FPV Intelligent Flight Battery ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-intelligent-flight-battery ). Thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI is Very careful Not to have any compatibility which will Prevent You from buying New products from them and reuse Your current items
2022-9-2
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 9-2 22:10
DJI is Very careful Not to have any compatibility which will Prevent You from buying New products from them  and reuse Your current items

This is really not correct at all!  
I now own both, the FPV Goggles V2 and the Goggles 2.
The V2 is "a hundred times" better to me along with the Avata.  
A better field of vision, wearable with glasses, much easier to navigate menus...
Sits perfectly on the head without pinching.
And the two controllers from the DJI FPV work great.  In particular, the FPV RC2, which is a real pleasure to use, is perfect for the Avata...
All fully compatible, and the V2's transmission power is even better!
2022-9-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

frankymusik Posted at 9-2 22:35
This is really not correct at all!  
I now own both, the FPV Goggles V2 and the Goggles 2.
The V2 is "a hundred times" better to me along with the Avata.  

Ок - You are correct but there are far more examples of incompatibility - especially in the battery/charging department thank god USB-C started kicking in
2022-9-2
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 9-2 23:25
Ок - You are correct but there are far more examples of incompatibility - especially in the battery/charging department  thank god USB-C started kicking in

... and, also consider the compatibility of the
- DJI RC Pro
- DJI RC
- RC N1
regarding the many drone types...

Batteries have to be specially designed for a drone, there is hardly a way around it...
And yes, recently everything can be loaded via USB-C, which makes a lot of things easier!
2022-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Worth also noting -

The DJI Avata Charging Hub will charge the batteries at 70W with a compatible USB-C PD Charger
The single Adapter will only charge at 48W

Neither the Motion Controller or the FPV Remote Control V2 are PD compatible so cannot be charged with a USB-C PD Charger, you need to use a 5V USB-A charger with a USB-A to USB-C lead.

USB-C is not a standard, far from it, the only thing about it that is standard is the connector, there are many different implementations by manufacturers as to how its configured. Reminds me of when RS-232 was a 'standard' which drove people insane with the various connection, handshaking and crossover configurations.

If you connect an iPad Pro using its USB-C connector to the RC-Pro, it might not work, un-plugging the iPad turning the connector upside down and it works!!
2022-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 9-2 23:25
Ок - You are correct but there are far more examples of incompatibility - especially in the battery/charging department  thank god USB-C started kicking in

Hmmm sure about that! USB-C is far from standard where power delivery is concerned!
2022-9-3
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Buzzyone Posted at 9-3 01:44
Hmmm sure about that! USB-C is far from standard where power delivery is concerned!

USB-c is far better than all proprietary chargers for each and every device
2022-9-3
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Buzzyone Posted at 9-3 01:43
Worth also noting -

The DJI Avata Charging Hub will charge the batteries at 70W with a compatible USB-C PD Charger

Yes And No most USB-C chargers support many "protocols" for charging and I charge my remotes with a 65W USB-C charger just fine as it adjusts according, Not everything is perfect But have nothing to do with RS-232 I remember those days very well   even had a customer who build "LAN" based on RS-232  with a "switchboard" made of wood and wires
2022-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji needs to create a charging hub with changeable inserts so you can charge multiple batteries at once from different models.

like this where you change the inserts:  https://kleinelectronics.com/6-s ... it-battery-charger/
2022-9-3
Use props
CagomoC FpV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480026 ft
United States

i have both fpv and avata i plug in the charger that came with the avata battery using a power charging cable from my osmo action camera usb-a to usb-c into the usb-a port from the fpv charging hub where you can charge your goggle battery and remote control it takes longer about 1 hour and 20mins but still works been doing for a while now no issues. i think slow charging any battery is better for it.
2023-2-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think we all know there is a huge about of compatibility just that we are taking it for granted.  the incompatibility comes from evolving technology and design; certainly no nefarious planning.  think about where we were 10 or 20 years ago when practically nothing worked with each other.  it was a nightmare and i still have the chargers/batteries/cables/misc to prove it.
2023-2-7
Use props
Big Fil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1113484 ft
United States

My favorite feature is that i'm able to charge my Avata batteries, google battery, and motion controller using my 65w Anker power adapter..........but NOT the FPV controller 2. For some reason i have to use a completely different power adapter just to charge the FPV RC2 controller. That's just annoying TBH!
2023-2-7
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52772 ft
United States

Big Fil Posted at 2-7 13:36
My favorite feature is that i'm able to charge my Avata batteries, google battery, and motion controller using my 65w Anker power adapter..........but NOT the FPV controller 2. For some reason i have to use a completely different power adapter just to charge the FPV RC2 controller. That's just annoying TBH!

I am using the Anker 735 charger too. Great unit. 2 USB-C and one USB-A with 3 amps.
Charges everything simultaneously.
Why is the RC-2 Controller 2 not charging?
2023-2-7
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Hi,

I am using a PC (Dell) 65W charger and it works perfectly for DJI's batteries. But no way to use it for the GooglesV2 nor the motion controller.
And as said I do prefer to start "fast charging" of the batteries at low current. So I do use the single Batt charger instead of the hub chager. 2,8A vs 4A. This gives a huge difference when looking at the temperature of the cells.

And I do also charge the batteries to 60% to get a nice storage mode condition.

See this post to get a DIY smart/smart charger

EoC.jpg
temperature.jpg
2023-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules