Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature request for Avata / DJI FPV
2635 19 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI Folks,

Noticed that neither DJI Avata nor DJI FPV have an option of connecting / teathering to wifi to display the map in a corner of the screen. Was thinking to suggest this as a potention new feature for these drones (most likely not possible if hardware was not designed for this) and / or for future DJI FPV drones. It would be nice if there could be a way to download and cache a local area map when connecting FPV goggles (v2 or 2) to a mobile phone running DJI Fly app, that cached map of the local area based on current location could be displayed in the Goggles 2 or Goggles v2 in a corner of the screen. Hope others find this feature useful as well and that DJI could consider implementing this.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Avata updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_s9GzWXBoLeLq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

dji avata stick modes ( mode 1, mode 2 mode 3 , no custom mode)

hi all , i have a problem with dji controller, i fly mode 2 but on regular fpv rc i have roll on  stick and yaw on right stick , its would be extremely hard to relearn to regular mode 2 mode , where left stick is yaw and right is roll , help

2022-9-3
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-1 20:46
Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Avata updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Thank you Stephen, much appreciate it!

Best Regards, Mike.
2022-9-4
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_s9GzWXBoLeLq Posted at 9-3 22:55
dji avata stick modes ( mode 1, mode 2 mode 3 , no custom mode)

hi all , i have a problem with dji controller, i fly mode 2 but on regular fpv rc i have roll on  stick and yaw on right stick , its would be extremely hard to relearn to regular mode 2 mode , where left stick is yaw and right is roll , help

Hi Djiuser,

I fly Avata with DJI Fpv 2 controller (the one that came with DJI Fpv) and it flies just like any other quad. Yaw is on left stick and roll is  on the right stick. Maybe reset your configuration to default to see if that helps?

Thanks, Mike.

2022-9-4
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I would like to change to fcc mode here in Norway..
This picture is 47meters away from me, just behind a cliff.. no problem there with the dji fpv..
2022-9-4
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-4 07:39
Hi Djiuser,

I fly Avata with DJI Fpv 2 controller (the one that came with DJI Fpv) and it flies just like any other quad. Yaw is on left stick and roll is  on the right stick. Maybe reset your configuration to default to see if that helps?

That's a thing. I have same setup but I learn long time ago to fly where yaw on the right stick and roll on the left and everything is the same. Throttle is on the left  and forward back on the right and it looks like there is no custom one where I can switch yaw and roll...iam so sad
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mzp Posted at 9-4 07:36
Thank you Stephen, much appreciate it!

Best Regards, Mike.

Hi there Mike. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-9-7
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geepix Posted at 9-7 16:51
That's a thing. I have same setup but I learn long time ago to fly where yaw on the right stick and roll on the left and everything is the same. Throttle is on the left  and forward back on the right and it looks like there is no custom one where I can switch yaw and roll...iam so sad

Sorry to hear Geepix. I can tell you from my experience for owning many DJI drones, it has always been yaw on the left stick and forward / backward / left / right is on the right stick. Maybe it's best to re-learn for you as I don't think this is something that is customizable on DJI drones and it is also more of an industry standard tbo, Autel for example has the same way yaw on the left stick and forward / backward / left / right on the right stick. Don't think you would be able to customize this, it does sound like a pain, but maybe it's best to relearn for you Sorry about that.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-8
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-8 07:04
Sorry to hear Geepix. I can tell you from my experience for owning many DJI drones, it has always been yaw on the left stick and forward / backward / left / right is on the right stick. Maybe it's best to re-learn for you as I don't think this is something that is customizable on DJI drones and it is also more of an industry standard tbo,  Autel for example has the same way yaw on the left stick and forward / backward / left / right on the right stick. Don't think you would be able to customize this, it does sound like a pain, but maybe it's best to relearn for you  Sorry about that.

Thanks, Mike.

With all the respect, but you actually not correct. There is four different modes on every DJI drone . mode 1, mode 2 two ,modev3 and custom ,where you actually place your assignments to the sticks. You can even check on your existing one. Yes I understand it's industry standard but many FPV pilots has custom sticks assignment for example: throttle up is when you push down on left stick.
2022-9-8
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-8 07:04
Sorry to hear Geepix. I can tell you from my experience for owning many DJI drones, it has always been yaw on the left stick and forward / backward / left / right is on the right stick. Maybe it's best to re-learn for you as I don't think this is something that is customizable on DJI drones and it is also more of an industry standard tbo,  Autel for example has the same way yaw on the left stick and forward / backward / left / right on the right stick. Don't think you would be able to customize this, it does sound like a pain, but maybe it's best to relearn for you  Sorry about that.

Thanks, Mike.

It is a screenshot from the controller. You can see custom mode , but DJI avata does not have that
135248fc5coho5w55avuh3.jpeg
2022-9-8
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geepix Posted at 9-8 15:36
It is a screenshot from the controller. You can see custom mode , but DJI avata does not have that

Hi Geepix,

Wow first time I am seeing this. Sorry I was not aware of this being customizable, it rings the bell a little as I remember seeing stick mode 2 somewhere. Sorry I just did not now. Hope DJI adds this for Avata as well so you can flip your sticks.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-9
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-9 08:34
Hi Geepix,

Wow first time I am seeing this. Sorry I was not aware of this being customizable, it rings the bell a little as I remember seeing stick mode 2 somewhere. Sorry I just did not now. Hope DJI adds this for Avata as well so you can flip your sticks.

I pray for this)
2022-9-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Good luck bud, hoping DJI would add this, imho if this is a standard function on all DJI drones, it might be this hasn't made it in to Avata yet...
2022-9-12
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3075335 ft
Canada

I fly my Mini2 with the same stick setup, just works better with my brain.

+1 for this request!
2022-9-12
Use props
Geepix
lvl.2
United States

Mzp Posted at 9-12 05:40
Good luck bud, hoping DJI would add this, imho if this is a standard function on all DJI drones, it might be this hasn't made it in to Avata yet...

Waiting on that update)
2022-9-13
Use props
roviraleix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272982 ft
Spain

I've sold my DJI FPV because I was unable to fly it without this feature, and of course i'm not buying the avata if they dont introduce it. I'm sure they won't introduce it because of the stupid motion controller...
2022-9-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

roviraleix Posted at 9-24 12:06
I've sold my DJI FPV because I was unable to fly it without this feature, and of course i'm not buying the avata if they dont introduce it. I'm sure they won't introduce it because of the stupid motion controller...

They may not actually as FPV seems DJI is pushing motion controller more than standard controller, it seems DJI is really keen on getting people to adapt to flying with the motion controller so they can revolutionize the industry this way.
2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_LFqy6cSZpjF2
New
United States

I love my new Avata and the motion controller!!

I have significant disability with my hands . Basically i don't have any having no hand or finger dexterity. Sensation in my hands is also limited. My first drone was a DJI Phantom 3 pro. It was a lot of fun but given my disability i had to constantly switch looking at the screen and my hands on the controller to make sure i was pushing the sticks in the proper direction. To create usable footage i actually relied on way point flying. I crashed one of my phantoms in the salt flats in Bolivia because without knowing my little finger were touching the little mode sticks and trim control on the side. But is all good, the ssd card was fine :-)

The motion controller and googles have made flying drones extremely fun and safe!!

Here is my request for a feature enhancement:

The touch screen on the goggles can be challenging given my disability. It would be great if the touch screen on the Fly app would be enabled while my device was connected to the goggles (wireless would be even sweeter)  to make adjustments to the setting and in general have easier access to all the features.

cheers!
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_LFqy6cSZpjF2 Posted at 8-6 11:30
I love my new Avata and the motion controller!!

I have significant disability with my hands . Basically i don't have any having no hand or finger dexterity. Sensation in my hands is also limited. My first drone was a DJI Phantom 3 pro. It was a lot of fun but given my disability i had to constantly switch looking at the screen and my hands on the controller to make sure i was pushing the sticks in the proper direction. To create usable footage i actually relied on way point flying. I crashed one of my phantoms in the salt flats in Bolivia because without knowing my little finger were touching the little mode sticks and trim control on the side. But is all good, the ssd card was fine :-)

Hi there. We are glad you're enjoying your Avata with the motion controller that perfectly fits your need. We appreciate your feedback. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules