5917 15 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9ab725b6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771680 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, I’m in the process of setting up my new Avata and discovered the vision adjustments in the goggles are not adequate  correction for my terrible vision. Anybody else experiencing this too? Are the 2 glass lens blanks able to be taken to any optical shop for corrective lenses to be added? If so, is it my current prescription for eyeglass that I need to put in the 2 frames provided with the goggles?  Very confused on how to proceed as google wasn’t much help. Thank in advance for any tips.
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The D JI Goggles 2 ( https://store.dji.com/no/product/dji-fpv-goggles-v2 ) support diopter adjustment, ranging from -8.0 to 2.0 D. Therefore, myopia glasses are not needed during usage. Eyeglass frames are provided for free when you purchase DJI Goggles 2. If you need astigmatism correction or if the goggles’ diopter is unsuitable, you can purchase additional corrective lenses from an optical shop. Then, install the lenses to the eyeglass frames for usage. Thank you.
2022-9-1
Use props
fans9ab725b6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-1 20:50
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The D JI Goggles 2 ( https://store.dji.com/no/product/dji-fpv-goggles-v2 ) support diopter adjustment, ranging from -8.0 to 2.0 D. Therefore, myopia glasses are not needed during usage. Eyeglass frames are provided for free when you purchase DJI Goggles 2. If you need astigmatism correction or if the goggles’ diopter is unsuitable, you can purchase additional corrective lenses from an optical shop. Then, install the lenses to the eyeglass frames for usage. Thank you.

thank you!
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you. .
2022-9-3
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

It would be great if DJI provided an online ordering system for custom lenses where we just place order and attach Prescription with order and payment.
Im just at the edge of usability with my Astigmatism, its ok but could be better.

2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_1KtoTAHvTKNZ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think i am unfortunately going to have to get additional lenses to help correct for my diplopia (double vision) . is there any information i can pass to an optician to ensure i get the lenses specified correctly? i am thinking focal length would be good to know.
2022-10-6
Use props
fansb50f4624
lvl.1

Greece

Also have same problem, please advise!
2022-10-17
Use props
fans9ab725b6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansb50f4624 Posted at 10-17 21:39
Also have same problem, please advise!

Did you buy your lenses from HONSVR? They are excellent at customer service! They are remaking my lenses with less power to make them thinner and will use some of the power adjust Kent’s in the goggles to get back to my RX power. They are actually working on a 3d printed lenses frame for 1 of my eyes as it has too mu astigmatism to get thin enough to properly fit the DJI lens holder. You should let them know you are having the same issue as I so the can help you get it corrected. Good luck!!
2022-10-18
Use props
In Color
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42831 ft
  • >>>
United States

should the lenses be corrected with infinity (distance) focus?
2022-11-11
Use props
Dsupnck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245945 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-9-1 20:50

I did the same thing. I had corrective lenses made and inserted them into the provided plastic retainer frames. However they do not snap into place or screw on, keeping them in place. Whenever i remove the goggles from my eyes the corrective lenses fall off or shift out of place. This is very annoying!!  I definitely do not want to have to resort to supergluing them in place. That would make the goggles unusable for anyone else.
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_YddmCbq9Tu0c
lvl.1

Australia

It's difficult origanising these for sure without DJI providing the exact dimensions for a lab to work with, when it comes to astigmatism. The best we get is 2.8mm maximum edge thickness.

Maybe DJI can work with an optical lab and create a set of technical specifications - things like distance of tangental plane to eye, dimensions of lens, visual centre point in lens, working distance - that can be passed on to our local lab along with the prescription.
2023-5-28
Use props
BirdsEyeViews
lvl.1

United States

I also have a focal correct and stigmatism, but I already know that adding lenses over the installed diopters is a bad solution.

The diopters on the V2 and Goggles 2 are too small in diameter and cause extreme vignette even when I push the lenses all the way to my eyeball.
Adding an additional Lens is going to mean that I have to move my eyes even farther from the diopters. This will increase the vignette and decrease my viewable area.
This is a very poor design!
I need to be able to remove the installed diopters and replace them with a larger diameter lense.
2023-5-29
Use props
djiuser_YddmCbq9Tu0c
lvl.1

Australia

Oh well, in the end, it was just too hard for my optometrist as they tried to work out what distance to aim for and throwing more and more questions at me until they said "Nope, this is too hard, we just can't do it. so I went to HONSVR and had the lenses in just 2 days. Amazing service, just amazing.

So, now, with the astigmatism lenses in I see just how bad these DJI designed frames are, They really just press on don't they, with nothing at all in the way of clips to make sure they stay in place. So, they are just dropping out constantly.

I had to remove my soft face cover sadly, back to the stock rubber one and all the fog issues.

Come on DJI, you can do better than this in your design so they are secure in place. DJI, you don't even sell them as spares if we lose them!

But I guess the real fly in the ointment is, if I close my left eye my right eye can no longer read the left of the image at all, and if I close the right the left can't read the right. The FOV is really messed up by having two lenses on top of each other!

Editing to add: DJI can you please add in an option in one of the menus to show a alignment grid, or something we can use to adjust on? Maybe the standard Asigmatism 180 degree chart along with a grid, some fine lines, and crosses of various sorts would be invaluable. Trying to do it on picture of someone skiing on snow aint great.

2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_lOL179wkqMoL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1959954 ft
United States

Does anyone know where to purchase a pair of the eyeglass frames for the dji goggles 2?
2023-8-10
Use props
fans9ab725b6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lOL179wkqMoL Posted at 8-10 09:33
Does anyone know where to purchase a pair of the eyeglass frames for the dji goggles 2?
Try giving DJI customer service a call. They should be able to help you - possibly at little or no cost. They were very helpful with me in the past.
2023-8-10
Use props
CireinTexas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5786001 ft
United States

BirdsEyeViews Posted at 5-29 07:25
I also have a focal correct and stigmatism, but I already know that adding lenses over the installed diopters is a bad solution.

The diopters on the V2 and Goggles 2 are too small in diameter and cause extreme vignette even when I push the lenses all the way to my eyeball.

Would this company help?   They make prescription inserts for dji goggles.  I hear good things about them

https://www.vr-wave.store/products/dji-fpv-prescription-lenses
2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules