Goggles 2 do not fit my head - solution?
4044 15 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Received Avata with lots of accessories today. And with the Goggles 2. I have to major problems with it:
1. The rubber padding is pinching my nose in a way I hardly can breathe through the nose.

2. The rubber padding lets surrounding light pass inside at right and left, because it sits on the nose more than on the cheeks.
3. The eyes seem a bit too far from the lenses so that the right and left sides of the screens are very blurred and menus almost not readable. Shifting the screens does not help, you only shift the sharp and blurred areas around, there's no way the whole screen is somehow sharp.

I think a softer padding could solve all this issues.
- Are there any alternatives on the market for dealing with 'special heads'?
- I found this in the DJI Store:
https://store.dji.com/de/product/dji-goggels-2-foam-padding
Is this the same padding which comes as standard with the Goggles 2 or is this a different / softer replacement?

Thanks for any help.
2022-9-1
Use props
fans1fce5ca9
lvl.2

United States

Same same, goggles need to sit half way down my nose.  Super annoying they did not put in the ability to adjust the lenses in there up and down.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_sSt8FQYk5l9Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19065 ft
United States

I got mine today and same issue.  So uncomfortable.  It feels like cheap plastic with no ability to mold to your face.  Hopefully someone comes up with an aftermarket solution quickly.  
2022-9-2
Use props
Aerorealms
lvl.2
Spain

this is.... O_O
2022-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does that make any sense
2022-9-6
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

Same, I have even made a video about lens distortion on the Goggles 2 compared to the old DJI FPV goggles.

2022-9-7
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for this very good summarizing of the problems and the comparison between 2 and V2.
2022-9-9
Use props
Shank McGuilicutty
lvl.1
United States

The nose squishing is a problem. There are 3d print inserts which help a little, but a different face pad is needed imo.

Regarding the lens clarity - you will never get full clarity in any one eye. If you've ever worn any of the many fatshark goggles that have been around for a decade, you will be very used to this.  You close one eye and adjust, then the other, then you're good.  Close your right eye, then make sure you can see the "inside" of the screen (closest to your nose) with your left. Then do the same for the right eye. Right eye should see the left side of the screen clearly. Left eye should see the right side of the screen clearly. Then you open both and you've got a clear picture. For me, I have both adjustments as far inside as they can go - that gives me a perfectly clear picture of the whole screen.  That's how they work... You're not going to get a perfectly full, clear picture in each individual eye, and you're not supposed to...
2022-10-9
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

I received my DJI Avata Fly More kit with the goggles 2 yesterday, and returned them today because the goggles do not fit my head, and for a price like that they should!

I was thinking of 3D printing an adapter ring, but after some testing with how thick it needed to be, I noticed that the field of view was drastically narrowed by what distance the goggles needed to sit on my head. I'm sure that with some cutting / shaping (with a dremel tool) it could be made to fit better, but I hate to be the 1st to try.

For now the Avata is a no go for me.
2022-10-14
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

That's the same padding that you have listed. It's just a replacement for it. I was going to buy that myself but then realized that it's the same thing.
2022-10-14
Use props
Hans-Udo
lvl.2

Germany

Here you can get an other foam
https://www.getfpv.com/dji-goggles-2-foam-padding.html
perhaps it will help.
2022-10-15
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I have returned my Goggles 2 kit.
Bought DJI Avata no RC and got myself a DJI FPV kit for less than the price of new V2 goggles, since it was crashed.
Reconnected Goggles V2 and remote from the kit to the Avata and could not be more happy 'downgrading' to the V2 and even saving quite a bit of money too.

2022-10-15
Use props
Weisenheimer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210308 ft
United States

Originalas Posted at 2022-9-7 12:40
Same, I have even made a video about lens distortion on the Goggles 2 compared to the old DJI FPV goggles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mUhHutqazo

I can almost live with the blurriness, but they're so uncomfortable to wear.
2023-12-25
Use props
Weisenheimer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210308 ft
United States

Hans-Udo Posted at 2022-10-15 04:34
Here you can get an other foam
https://www.getfpv.com/dji-goggles-2-foam-padding.html
perhaps it will help.

I'm going to try this since it's too late to return. Hopefully I can remember to come back with a review. Thanks!
2023-12-25
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

This should solve the problem - https://sg.fpvfaster.com/product ... ra-ultimate-version
2023-12-25
Use props
GTHero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555499 ft
Australia

Originalas Posted at 2022-9-7 12:40
Same, I have even made a video about lens distortion on the Goggles 2 compared to the old DJI FPV goggles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mUhHutqazo

Your video influenced me to choose a Pro-View Combo with Goggles v2.  Thanks for that!
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules