Lost Avata on first flight!
6401 44 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EfMObMktGsrQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297805 ft
Portugal

Just lost my Avata today. The signal got lost and the drone started to return home, failing to climb up to the RTH altitude, which resulted in a crash into a cliff. Contacted support today to see what they say.
2023-1-22
Use props
djiuser_EfMObMktGsrQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297805 ft
Portugal

Duplicate msg
2023-1-22
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

djiuser_EfMObMktGsrQ Posted at 1-22 12:49
Just lost my Avata today. The signal got lost and the drone started to return home, failing to climb up to the RTH altitude, which resulted in a crash into a cliff. Contacted support today to see what they say.

logs would help to check Your situation and what did happen
2023-3-3
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

BigDog816 Posted at 2022-10-3 17:06
The AVATA is pretty good in the wind, had it in upto 35knot gusts yesterday (based on weather report not logs yet) and it bounced around a bit when paused but held it's position, tricky to land though in those conditions.

I see a lot of opportunity here in this thread.

My 2 cents - no change given! This drone is the worst bird I fly of all my drones, fixed wing bird, heli's, etc....in the wind.

It is like a flying 18 wheeler. Yesterday I was up only 150 feet and the horizon was tilted 40 Degrees it was almost flying sideway like a knife edge on a plane....and I was fighting back with full stick..... I was not about to go into Manual mode to fight it harder, I turned into the wind and moved on as I previously maxed out the stick in S mode and was still nowhere near level. every one should know their limitations......

Just awful wind performance from the side. Head on it slices right though. so I am aware of this limitation and fly accordingly. This is not my Mav Mini, not in any way.

Several losses here you would think we would have some flight logs posted as you have some of the best evaluators available here for free  - post the flight logs and even the video you have. You will find your root cause if you do. It may not be what you want to hear, but you will find it.

Finally DJI Care refresh is so affordable on this bird that is one of the reasons I purchased this drone. It indicates it is durable as opposed to the original FPV drone where a fly away costs you what $400 or more with coverage and deductible? This drone was so affordable for coverage I got 2 years out of the gate as I renewed my Mav mini after the first year just because. It's just a gamble but as we used to say it is your decision to take off, know the risks, protect yourself at all times with good practices like pre-flight checks and settings check.

I adjust my max distance and RTH height at every flying site maybe even more than once. And YES there is an issue with extreme yaw and tumble in Manual mode, but no one was flying in Manual mode on the first or second flight? And if so you should have the latest firmware so you had the phone hooked up for remote id - upload the logs. They will likely show what happened. Just sayin'.....
2023-3-3
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Did you have it set up as RTH or hover?
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules