Japan RID
3082 11 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58156 ft
United States

Does anyone know how to get the RID functionality to show up on the Mini 3 Pro?  Currently I am in the U.S. and will be going to Japan on vacation.  I want to take my Mini 3 with me. The software is up to date but the RID feature does not show on the safety screen.  I need to register the ID number 10 days before I get there.

2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_ni15S4za13nD
New
Australia

I'd love to know this too... mini 3 pro owner in Australia.
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi
lvl.1
Hong Kong

djiuser_ni15S4za13nD Posted at 10-1 20:28
I'd love to know this too... mini 3 pro owner in Australia.

When I logged in in Japan the remote ID showed up in the menu. Be sure to register your drone as you have to log into your DIPS account to get the ID number.
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_ni15S4za13nD
New
Australia

djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi Posted at 10-1 21:05
When I logged in in Japan the remote ID showed up in the menu. Be sure to register your drone as you have to log into your DIPS account to get the ID number.

Thanks for the reply. Any chance you can explain the process in more detail? I need to apply through DIPS website, using my drone serial number.  But what about the Remote ID thing,  it's not currently an option to enable here in Australia.  
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi
lvl.1
Hong Kong

djiuser_ni15S4za13nD Posted at 10-1 23:00
Thanks for the reply. Any chance you can explain the process in more detail? I need to apply through DIPS website, using my drone serial number.  But what about the Remote ID thing,  it's not currently an option to enable here in Australia.

You have to set up once you are geo located in Japan. Register your mini 3 as it has RID. Then pay the fee. I waited until I got to Japan and paid at the post office ATM. It took 24 hrs for the DIPS site to send me confirmation of payment. Then log into your controller and set up remote ID. It will show up once your controller sees that it is in Japan. When you tell it to load the RID it will ask for your DIPS login. Then you will receive the RID number to use.  FYI if you need a data service on your phone, you can get a Holafly eSim. Unlimited data for 10 days is 34 Euros. It has been working great for me.
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi
lvl.1
Hong Kong

djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi Posted at 10-1 23:20
You have to set up once you are geo located in Japan. Register your mini 3 as it has RID. Then pay the fee. I waited until I got to Japan and paid at the post office ATM. It took 24 hrs for the DIPS site to send me confirmation of payment. Then log into your controller and set up remote ID. It will show up once your controller sees that it is in Japan. When you tell it to load the RID it will ask for your DIPS login. Then you will receive the RID number to use.  FYI if you need a data service on your phone, you can get a Holafly eSim. Unlimited data for 10 days is 34 Euros. It has been working great for me.

Currently I am at the airport flying back. Sorry I can’t add more details that that.
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Currently I am at the airport flying back. Sorry I can’t add more details that that.
2022-10-1
Use props
djiuser_ni15S4za13nD
New
Australia

Thanks so much for the explanation, that's brilliant. Have a great flight
2022-10-2
Use props
Shikoku4K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22293 ft
Japan

djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi Posted at 10-1 21:05

Process took me 2 weeks, I live in Japan, make sure you do it before you come else you’re risking $50’000 fine and jail if caught.
2022-10-21
Use props
Rot105and
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5519229 ft
Latvia

Is mavic air 2 RID working only in Japan too? i plan to go there and take my drone with me . One of the latest firmwares said that japanese RID support was added
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. The DJI Mini 3 comes with a built-in Remote ID in Japan, so you need to keep your drone, remote controller, and APP up to date first. Please note that Remote ID can only be logged in with DJI FLY APP in Japan.

Drone registration in JP
https://www.ossportal.dips.mlit.go.jp/portal/top/
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rot105and Posted at 6-19 22:56
Is mavic air 2 RID working only in Japan too? i plan to go there and take my drone with me . One of the latest firmwares said that japanese RID support was added

Hi there . Yes, the DJI Mavic Air 2 also comes with a built-in Remote ID in Japan, please make sure to update the aircraft and remote controller firmware to the latest when you arrived in Japan also the DJI Fly app must be up-to-date.  You may register your drone in Japan using this link https://www.ossportal.dips.mlit.go.jp/portal/top/ . You may also access the Forum thread below as our fellow DJI members share their experiences when they register their drones in Japan. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3071828
2023-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules