DJI Virtual Flight Unable to start on Windows & issues on Android...
5022 6 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H.E.C.
lvl.1
Sweden

Hello,

For past couple of days I was trying to make the DJI Virtual Flight app work on PC (Windows) or Android to be able to practise for DJI Avata. After overcoming the first hurdle to actually find either of apps (not really well advertised: https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/avata/downloads) I've ran into myriad of other issues:

1. On android while it works without actually having the goggles and controller with only virtual sticks on the screen, it's a bit of pain to use and phone heats up fast. In the settings there is help section showing use of both Xbox as well as Playstation controllers, however when trying PS4 or PS5 controllers with the app, both via USB as well as BT, they're recognized but controls are not mapped correctly and there is no way of configuring that. So basically unusable.

2. On Windows (tested in total on 4 different PCs) the app will not start at all. On Windows 10 Professional (on two different machines) it simply fails to load with: "Error / The following component(s) are required to run this program: / DirectX Runtime" and terminates after clicking OK. The DirectX is inded present (Windows 10 have that built in by default) and working correctly (also verified by running "dxdiag"). On other 2 PCs (Windows 7 Professional, tested on due to pure desperation) it fails with: "DFSM-Win64-Shipping.exe - System Error / The program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." followed by "Error / Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory,  try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting..."  Unreal Engine error.

The above mentioned file is not missing,  it's in the folder "C:\Windows\System32\CompatTel". Aparently some other DJI apps were plagued with the same or similar error and recommendation was to copy the file into app's Win64 directory ("C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI\DJI Virtual Flight\WindowsNoEditor\DFSM\Binaries\Win64"). While that will take care of first error, the second one persists and as it's not possible to get into the app in the first place, changing the resolution as suggested is not possible. Also, the correct installation of DirectX was verified using "dxdiag" and no problems were reported (Version DirectX 11).

I know it's most likely due to older PCs with "weak" graphics cards (though as the app doesn't actually specify minimum requirements it's impossible to verify), however both W10 PCs are fairly powerful and being unable to run the app correctly (or at all) on 6 various devices with numerous alternative controllers and settings is a bit disheartening at best.

If anyone has any ideas or tips how to either make the Playstation controller work correctly with Android app or to be able to load the Windows app at all, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Safe flying!

H.E.C.
2022-9-1
Use props
brogio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3172631 ft

Italy

I am able to connect the DJI FPV Smart Controller to the Smartphone and to run the app flying with the controller. But I can't run the app in the DJI Goggles V2. Black screen.
2022-9-3
Use props
H.E.C.
lvl.1
Sweden

Anyone has been successful using the app on Windows 10?
2022-9-17
Use props
joe3857
lvl.1
United States

i downloaded ,and re downloaded virtual flight for windows today . it loaded up ,loaded some programs it needed and what not ,a driver here and there but it loaded . my issue was i could not for the life of me get my remote to work with it .
not for lack of trying . it says my remote is connected but the remote icon shows a / thru it . same for goggles ...a / thru it . it recognized i had a remote control hooked up and when i pulled the usb out it threw a message that no controller was present and when i plugged it back in the message went away but i could not even start the motors .

windows recognized the controller calling it a c5 game controller . i even tried to calibrate it . i gave up . the program was messing with my pc too. it has some bugs or something .

are you to use just the remote control to play ? or must you use the goggles the remote and the drone? i just wanted a big screen experience vrs playing on my phone .

yes win 10 pro here
2022-10-25
Use props
fans82f11b52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23871 ft
United States

I can't use DJI virtual flight app 1.4.0  with ps4 controller on Samsung galaxy s10e and android 12. Controls are completely unusable.
VideoCapture_20221102-101021.jpg
VideoCapture_20221102-100900 (1).jpg
VideoCapture_20221102-100855.jpg
VideoCapture_20221102-100654.jpg
VideoCapture_20221102-100348.jpg
VideoCapture_20221102-100215.jpg
2022-11-2
Use props
user7d6b7bd2ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185938 ft
Germany

fans82f11b52 Posted at 11-2 08:12
I can't use DJI virtual flight app 1.4.0  with ps4 controller on Samsung galaxy s10e and android 12. Controls are completely unusable.[Image]

I have the same problem. I test bluetooth controller and usb controller. Both have the problem like on the photos.
2022-12-4
Use props
WAGADI
New

France

The same problem on Aspire AV15-51 Windows 11 Home
IMG_6511.jpeg
1-30 15:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules