2315 19 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

In light of the ridiculous SD card And USB port placement - can we transfer the original clips thru goggles to the PC? I am afraid the port flap can stop the props midflight and crash the Avata
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alex_markov. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-9-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's like the SD Card slot and USB port were an after thought.  They couldn't have found a worse place to put them.  
2022-9-2
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-2 02:37
It's like the SD Card slot and USB port were an after thought.  They couldn't have found a worse place to put them.

Just wait there will be crashes out of this door blocking props - mark my words
2022-9-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 9-2 05:59
Just wait there will be crashes out of this door blocking props - mark my words

No doubt about that Alex.  
2022-9-3
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

I have no idea why they didnt add a wifi connection or at least some sort of bluetooth connection. If they can fit it to a small drone like the Mini 3 pro, why not the Avata?
2022-9-4
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

StuntJumper Ste Posted at 9-4 10:49
I have no idea why they didnt add a wifi connection or at least some sort of bluetooth connection. If they can fit it to a small drone like the Mini 3 pro, why not the Avata?

I agree with you
2022-9-4
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

No need to - they have a pretty fast connection with goggles 50 Mbs if they can transfer them to goggles I can fetch them with USB-C cable then
2022-9-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-2 02:37

If you remove the propeller guard (had to to remove a grass build up after an unfortunate landing) the Avata Flight Controller bears a striking resemblance to the FPV Air Unit, a square block with connections to it and the USB-C and SD Card side by side. it maybe that this is the same layout to the soon to be launched O3 Air Unit.
2022-9-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 9-4 12:45
If you remove the propeller guard (had to to remove a grass build up after an unfortunate landing) the Avata Flight Controller bears a striking resemblance to the FPV Air Unit, a square block with connections to it and the USB-C and SD Card side by side. it maybe that this is the same layout to the soon to be launched O3 Air Unit.

Good to know.  
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you remove the battery, there really doesn't seem to be any logical place to SAFELY place the SD/USB-C ports. It seems pretty well protected within the prop-guard.
2022-9-5
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-5 05:41
When you remove the battery, there really doesn't seem to be any logical place to SAFELY place the SD/USB-C ports. It seems pretty well protected within the prop-guard.

The problem is accessing it and the flappy cover who might block props
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 9-5 10:16
The problem is accessing it and the flappy cover who might block props

I realize this, and if the flap is closed properly, no problem.
2022-9-5
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-5 11:10
I realize this, and if the flap is closed properly, no problem.

Sure but if there's a possibility it is meant to happen someday to someone hope not to me
2022-9-5
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

I’ve already removed the flappy door, can be pulled out with no damage so it can be refitted later if wanted.
Waiting on 90degree USB C cable to arrive
2022-9-5
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

They didn't design the files to be transferred wirelessly - given the size of the video files, it would take a long time for the files to be sent to the phone, and during that time, there's a good chance the aircraft would power down from insufficient battery or from overheating
2022-9-5
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

alex_markov Posted at 9-4 12:08
No need to - they have a pretty fast connection with goggles 50 Mbs if they can transfer them to goggles I can fetch them with USB-C cable then

That's because the Goggles and the aircraft support that transmission system. Unfortunately, our phones don't, so that's the bottleneck.
2022-9-5
Use props
stevejusto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

this is the ideal solution, i have the mini 3 and use the wifi connection to my ipad all the time to get video/photos from my drone into ipad.
2022-9-5
Use props
Renvolt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26391 ft
United States

To access videos from the Avata internal storage do we just connect the avata to a computer? Is there a program we need to load first or will a prompt appear as soon as the drone and computer is connected?
Sorry for the dumb question I’m just having a difficult time retrieving my footages.
2022-9-7
Use props
wutang2112
lvl.1

Canada

I fully support this feature as the use of the POORLY DESIGNED microSD card slot does NOT WORK. I would not recommend this drone to friends unless there is a easier way to get files off the drone either by cable from Goggle 2 to PC, or wirelessly via Quick Transfer to Fly app on iPhone.
2022-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules