DJI Action 2 stuck on Activate screen - Greyed Out
2466 9 2022-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chavdinho
New

United Kingdom

Hi

Can anyone help with this rather frustraing issue I have. I am using a combination of Pixel 5/4a in order to try and activate the new Action 2 I've just purchased post firmware upgrade

It seems I was only able to upgrade the firmware after forcing the phone to connect to the Action 2 wifi manually, but it keeps disconnecting and now it's stuck

Now, after the firmware upgrade, the phone and MIMO has lost it's connection to the camera, and it's stuck on the activation screen with 'Active before use' greyed out

I can't get past this screen, neither phone will now detect the camera, nor will MIMO. It's now stuck and I can't progress any further. I've also tried resetting the wifi connection/uninstalling/reinstalling the MIMO app. The camera is still stuck on this screen, and I can't reset the wifi connection as it won't let me move past this initial screen

Can anyone help? If I can't join the upgraded action 2 to the phone, how do I now activate it?
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Chavdinho. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Action 2 and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a sample photo showing the screen that you are on for us to be able to see and can assist. Thank you.
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_593FfnFczG3x
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-2 18:48
Hello there Chavdinho. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Action 2 and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a sample photo showing the screen that you are on for us to be able to see and can assist. Thank you.

Mine is stuck like this too. Brand new and never been connected to. But the Mimo app can't find it.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_TwCI1uwGtGCq
New

United States

I'm dealing with the same issues.    How am I able to get out of this screen.  I can't do ANYTHING
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_TwCI1uwGtGCq
New

United States

djiuser_593FfnFczG3x Posted at 12-28 19:36
Mine is stuck like this too. Brand new and never been connected to. But the Mimo app can't find it.

I would love to find out as well.  
2022-12-28
Use props
daMuquik
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_TwCI1uwGtGCq Posted at 12-28 19:54
I would love to find out as well.

You'll need to activate the Action 2 on a device running an older version of Android, prior to 13. Once it's activated, you'll need to manually connect the Action 2 to your device through WiFi. I'm guessing you guys are experiencing the same problems I had. My Galaxy S21+ was running Android 13, so I had to install Mimo on my Galaxy Tablet to get the Action 2 activated and recognized on Mimo.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_jzMdnNQUsZDV
New

Cambodia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-9-2 18:48

I have the same issue. My DJI Action 2 will not connect to my Samsung galaxy phone or tablet - DJI Mimo app constantly says 'device not found'. I am now stuck on the 'activate before use' page. In its current state the camera is unusable - no photos or videos can be taken. This is a momental, spectacular failing of the camera. DJI technical support have been not been able to fix the problem thus far. Does anyone else have suggestions on how to rectify this problem?
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_dTVpdSYgnqsn
New

Croatia

I have the same issue. I even managed to connect the Mimo app to the camera once after following the instruction in the Mimo app and lots of tries, reseting wifi etc., I then downloaded the firmware update but when I tried connecting after that - no way. Now I'm stuck at this screen and can't access any other features on the camera.
2023-1-25
Use props
djiuser_gGjFInqRUaTb
New

United States

Any news here? I am on my way skiing with a dji action 2 that des the same thing.... very very frustrating!

No matter what I do, I cannot connect to it!!!!

HEEEELP!

2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_uxJfwdwemLZo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3922172 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung s21 fe.  It connected once and stuck at the activate before use screen.  
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules