Unable to update Firmware on Avata
499 11 2022-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1549 ft
United Kingdom

I can't update the firmware on my Avata - through the App it says Aircraft in low power state (within 5 seconds of powering on).  Assistant 2 (Mac) doesn't recognise the drone, I can't install the Android plugin as it is not compatible wiith the latest OS.  Also I can fly outside to try to bring it out of low power as there is no camera feed coming through to the goggles.  Another thing the motion controller doesnt' charge with a USB-C to USB -C connector.  Pretty unimpressed so far!

2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. The compatible DJI Assistant 2 should be DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/products/avata  We would recommend you update the firmware on a Windows PC.  For the second issue, we would recommend you try again after updating the firmware. The last questions, Motion Controller does not support PD charging, please use a normal cable and charger to try again.
2022-9-2
Use props
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-2 02:21
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. The compatible DJI Assistant 2 should be DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/products/avata  We would recommend you update the firmware on a Windows PC.  For the second issue, we would recommend you try again after updating the firmware. The last questions, Motion Controller does not support PD charging, please use a normal cable and charger to tr again.

Ok so after finding a windows pc have updated goggles and drone, however it won’t update motion controller - just says error when trying to activate. Drone says battery installation error and motion controller doesn’t work.  This is really terrible.  Was it even tested before release?
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansc24fd542 Posted at 9-2 11:18
Ok so after finding a windows pc have updated goggles and drone, however it won’t update motion controller - just says error when trying to activate. Drone says battery installation error and motion controller doesn’t work.  This is really terrible.  Was it even tested before release?

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please try to activate the motion controller after linking it to the DJI Fly app via Goggles?
And if the problem still exists, would you mind sending us a related video so that we can better confirm and do our best to help?
Thank you in advance.
2022-9-2
Use props
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-2 19:50
Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please try to activate the motion controller after linking it to the DJI Fly app via Goggles?

Finally updated it - zero chance through the goggles though.  The mode button doesn’t work or respond and drone still says battery installation error.  How can I check if the controller is activated?
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansc24fd542 Posted at 9-2 21:55
Finally updated it - zero chance through the goggles though.  The mode button doesn’t work or respond and drone still says battery installation error.  How can I check if the controller is activated?

Thanks for the update,
If you update successfully, the app will pop up the activation success message, and you can also use your product then.
If the problem still exists, would you mind sending us a related video so that we can better confirm with our engineer and do our best to help?
Thanks in advance.

2022-9-3
Use props
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-3 00:00
Thanks for the update,
If you update successfully, the app will pop up the activation success message, and you can also use your product then.
If the problem still exists, would you mind sending us a related video so that we can better confirm with our engineer and do our best to help?

Ok works fine now with the drone outside, but the M button does not work with the Virtual flight app so you can’t get past the first screen.
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc24fd542 Posted at 9-3 03:19
Ok works fine now with the drone outside, but the M button does not work with the Virtual flight app so you can’t get past the first screen.

Hi there, may I know if you are using the motion controller and can I have a picture of the screen?
2022-9-4
Use props
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 9-4 00:16
Hi there, may I know if you are using the motion controller and can I have a picture of the screen?

Yes motion controller. The screen is simply stuck on the tutorial where it asks you to change the mode as the mode button beeps but clearly does not respond in the virtual flight app.
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansc24fd542 Posted at 9-4 00:21
Yes motion controller. The screen is simply stuck on the tutorial where it asks you to change the mode as the mode button beeps but clearly does not respond in the virtual flight app.

Just for the confirmation, may we know you are using the latest version of DJI Virtual Flight App? Please check and tell us your app version.
2022-9-4
Use props
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-4 20:36
Just for the confirmation, may we know you are using the latest version of DJI Virtual Flight App? Please check and tell us your app version.

V1.3.2. A work around seems to be pushing the pause/brake button at the same time as the M button and then it recognises it. Bit odd though.
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansc24fd542 Posted at 9-4 20:55
V1.3.2. A work around seems to be pushing the pause/brake button at the same time as the M button and then it recognises it. Bit odd though.

Kindly know that the latest version of DJI Virtual Flight (DJI Avata) is v.1.4.1 (iOS).
Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules