Caddx Vista dropping bitrate after arming
3183 4 2022-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
godmod_fpv
lvl.1

India

I am facing an issue where the bitrate drops to 0.5mbps from 50mpbs as soon as I arm the quad. Everything was working fine previously and today midflight (casual flying low throttle) within 5 seconds the bitrate dropped from 50mbps to 1 Mbps and the goggles video froze. After disarming and crashing the video was back but when I armed again the bitrate was like 2-5mbps and I barely flew it back.

Now, whenever I try to arm the quad the bitrate drops from 50mbps (unarmed) to 0.2-0.5 Mbps (armed) within a second, and the video breaks. Even when I try to use the motor beeper while disarmed the bitrate drops. Everything seems to be working fine when the quad is unarmed and the motors are not spinning or beeping.

I tried opening everything up and cleaning and checking for grounding and found no issue but the problem is still there. The capacitor is mounted properly and the VTX works fine when unarmed.

After assembling it back, I removed the props and tried throttle punches and after doing this for a few times, now the bitrate drops only to 10-15mbps instead of to 1mbps previously (Haven't taken it for a fly yet).
What could be the issue and how to fix it?
Specs - F55A Tmotor ESC, F7 Tmotor FC, Caddx Vista Nebula Pro VTX

2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_EiLN1AY12fLH
New

Germany

I got the exact same problem. My quad was working fine for months. Added crossfire a few days ago to replace frsky and tested it yesterday. Was working perfekt for 4 packs. Go fly today. Did not change a thing now I got the same issues you have. 50mbit disarmed about 100Mbit as soon as the motors start spinning. First I thought it’s the crossfire I added but you got the same problem. And it was working fine yesterday. Was flirting about 500m away with no issues. I googles a lot and thought it might be a power issue. The caddix was connect via the vcc on my mamba f405. Change it to the 9v. Same issue. Changed it directly to the capacitor still the same problem. Even removed the rx and tax wires so the caddix does not know the quad is armed. Still the same problem. Maybe I got a short with the motor wires somewere but otherwise I’m out of ideas. Will dissasble everting the coming days and check outside the frame. Maybe I can find the issue. Please also get back if you find a solution.
2022-9-4
Use props
godmod_fpv
lvl.1

India

Today I tried powering the VTX from the Battery itself and seems like the issue persists. I tried disabling the MSP (VTX doesn't know it is armed and stays in low power mode) and flying and it worked almost fine with minimal 49-50 mbps fluctuations but ofcourse can't fly low power mode for long distances and also no osd.
Have you found any solution yet?
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_ImnLNJ58SbN0
lvl.2
Spain

I am having the same issue.
After a silly soft crash on grass, not hard at all, the bitrate stays to 25mbs untill I arm the quad and the bitrate drops to 15mbs in 25mw, under 10mbs for any power bigger than 25mw.

I have powered without quad and it happens every time the vista leave low power mode disabling the temp control.

I have mix and match with other vista and the issue is on the P1 module, the one at the bottom without the usb port.

I don't know if can be recovered...
2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_krpqpALL79I6
lvl.2

Poland

djiuser_ImnLNJ58SbN0 Posted at 2022-10-9 06:53
I am having the same issue.
After a silly soft crash on grass, not hard at all, the bitrate stays to 25mbs untill I arm the quad and the bitrate drops to 15mbs in 25mw, under 10mbs for any power bigger than 25mw.

Hi,did You find the solution for this problem ? I had the same issue and i'm out of  ideas.
2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules