Photo transfer to iPad Pro
4420 11 2022-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

I want to transfer my photos directly to my iPad Pro (15.6.1) but am unable to connect to the bird. My iPad Bluetooth sees and connects, but DJI Fly app will not connect. Any ideas?
2022-9-2
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

My iPad Pro picks up when the controller is off and the fly app activated on the iPad.
You need to have the mini on of course and I get the message on the fly app if I want to switch to quick transfer mode.

Of course you want that.

It asks most of the time to connect to the mini’s WiFi.

Sometimes you need 2 go’s
2022-9-2
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-2 12:25
My iPad Pro picks up when the controller is off and the fly app activated on the iPad.
You need to have the mini on of course and I get the message on the fly app if I want to switch to quick transfer mode.

I think WiFi might be the keyword besides Bluetooth?

With both switched on the transfer from the Fly app on my iPhone 11 and iPad Pro (M1) works like a charm as you described, no matter if the controller is on or off. If it's on, it shows, that a transfer is happening.
2022-9-2
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure wifi is on and try turning off Bluetooth. Quick transfer uses only wifi. [Bird on & controller off]
2022-9-2
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 9-2 13:20
Make sure wifi is on and try turning off Bluetooth. Quick transfer uses only wifi.

I tried with both wifi and Bluetooth on and didn’t connect. I turned bluetooth off and got a message from FLY app to turn it on to connect. My iPad sees the device and “connects”, but the app doesn’t. It works fine on my iPhone 12. I’m using v1.7.0 Fly app.
2022-9-2
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 9-2 13:40
I tried with both wifi and Bluetooth on and didn’t connect. I turned bluetooth off and got a message from FLY app to turn it on to connect. My iPad sees the device and “connects”, but the app doesn’t. It works fine on my iPhone 12. I’m using v1.7.0 Fly app.

You could try un-installing app and re-install from the DJI website if you have not done so already...
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FL_Flyer. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-9-2
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Stephen, thank you very much for responding. I am experiencing this problem ONLY on my iPad 3 Pro 11 (running iOS 15.6.1). My iPhone 12 connects easily. So far, I have deleted/re-installed v1.7.0 of DJI FLY and hard reset the iPad. I have tried to connect with wifi and Bluetooth “on” and with wifi turned “off”. When it was off, a pop-up in the App said to “turn Bluetooth ON to connect to accessories”. However, in “Settings/Bluetooth/My Devices” on the iPad, the mini 3 pro is seen and connected. However, in the DJI FLY app, the “switch” pop-up doesn’t appear and connection is not possible.

I believe there may be a conflict between the DJI FLY software and iOS 15.6.1, similar to the problem of having to turn cellular “off” on the iPhone 12 in order to connect. Incidentally, this iPad DOES NOT have a cellular connection.  Any assistance you could provide is appreciated.  
2022-9-3
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

FL_Flyer Posted at 9-3 03:51
Stephen, thank you very much for responding. I am experiencing this problem ONLY on my iPad 3 Pro 11 (running iOS 15.6.1). My iPhone 12 connects easily. So far, I have deleted/re-installed v1.7.0 of DJI FLY and hard reset the iPad. I have tried to connect with wifi and Bluetooth “on” and with wifi turned “off”. When it was off, a pop-up in the App said to “turn Bluetooth ON to connect to accessories”. However, in “Settings/Bluetooth/My Devices” on the iPad, the mini 3 pro is seen and connected. However, in the DJI FLY app, the “switch” pop-up doesn’t appear and connection is not possible.

I believe there may be a conflict between the DJI FLY software and iOS 15.6.1, similar to the problem of having to turn cellular “off” on the iPhone 12 in order to connect. Incidentally, this iPad DOES NOT have a cellular connection.  Any assistance you could provide is appreciated.

It definitely has nothing to do with the iOS version, because with my iPad Pro 12,9" with M1 CPU (WiFi only) and iOS 15.6.1 it works.

Very strange, that it doesn't work for you.
2022-9-3
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Drone Jockey Posted at 9-3 13:19
It definitely has nothing to do with the iOS version, because with my iPad Pro 12,9" with M1 CPU (WiFi only) and iOS 15.6.1 it works.

Very strange, that it doesn't work for you.

Thanks for the input. I spent the afternoon fooling around with all my devices and apps. After re-installing, resetting everything every-which-way, I tried DJI FLY re-install on my iPad once more. This time, I answered yes to the “allow the app access to your network” prompt. Then I cranked up the mini, and “viola” the switch prompt came up in the app. Success… I could see and d/l a photo ok. Thanks to everyone for taking a look and your suggestions.
2022-9-3
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got it working ..
2022-9-3
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 9-3 14:43
Glad you got it working ..

Thanks for helping. It will be easier to have the images on my iPad instead of waiting for the cloud.
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules