8421 30 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8mdOM7zN44tR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37054 ft
Spain

Hello everybody, this is my first post,

The reason why i'm writting this is because I bought the DJI Avata recently and a few days ago I flew it for the first time, everything was fine, the drone controller was fun and I was having a good time, but after reaching the distance of 80-100m the drone instantly lost connection, good news was that he came back and I could restore the signal, but it seemed to me a poor range signal for a drone like that, I started investigating and I saw that in europe, dji avata have less range than dji avata in the rest of the world, why is that?, can this be fixed?, I really like this drone and don't want to return it if not necessary.

Thank you!!!
2022-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Europe overloads have determined that you should have 80x less power in CE regions for remote controlled devices. The drone only supports 5.8Ghz so this will also give you reduced range. Getting 400m in the UK which is good enough, not brilliant but good enough.
2022-9-3
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

In CE max legal output power is 0.1W for the 2.4GHz band and 0.025W for the 5.8GHz band. At the same output power 2.4GHz means more range, more penetration but more interference and latency, and 5.8GHz means less latency, more data can be transfered, less interference but less range and penetration.

DJI removed the 2.4GHz module from this drone, which is where all the flights are performed in CE mode. If you have a dual-band drone in Europe, you'll notice that it never choses to fly in 5.8GHz, it will allways choose 2.4GHz because it has 4 times the power of 5.8GHz and works better.

Only being able to fly at 0.025W means the Avata will have about the same range of a cheap Wi-Fi drone.

The solution is to buy a license for the DH-Companion to force FCC, wich is 2W (80 times more power) and will make the drone usable (in fact more than usable).

2022-9-3
Use props
Danveal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

2022-9-3
Use props
djiuser_8mdOM7zN44tR
lvl.1
Spain

I don't speak italian
2022-9-3
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I will upload an English video on my channel on Monday. Explaining the issue and how to fix it.

2022-9-3
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Originalas Posted at 9-3 12:57
I will upload an English video on my channel on Monday. Explaining the issue and how to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aisKr7QWBh0

I've tested the FCC unlock today.
The drone lost signal at only 100 meters going behind a single tree in default mode.
And after the unlock at full FCC power it went for 2.5 km still with perfect video. I had to turn around because of the low battery and not the signal which was still perfect 50mbps at 2.5km!! And the video quality is way better after the unlock.
2022-9-3
Use props
djiuser_8mdOM7zN44tR
lvl.1
Spain

Originalas Posted at 9-3 12:57
I will upload an English video on my channel on Monday. Explaining the issue and how to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aisKr7QWBh0

This video you just shared in here has nothing to do with what we are talking about, The CE and FCC mode, be serious please
2022-9-3
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Yes, because I will finish the FCC unlock video only on Monday.

Though I've used drone tweaks fcc app to unlock. There is nothing complicated. Just buying the app and running instead the DJI Fly.

The difference after the unlock 160 meters vs +2 km.

2022-9-3
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Default is a bad joke, DH and drone tweaks will sell more FCC hacks than ever thanks to DJI removing the 2.4GHz band from the Avata XD
2022-9-3
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 9-3 03:08
In CE max legal output power is 0.1W for the 2.4GHz band and 0.025W for the 5.8GHz band. At the same output power 2.4GHz means more range, more penetration but more interference and latency, and 5.8GHz means less latency, more data can be transfered, less interference but less range and penetration.

DJI removed the 2.4GHz module from this drone, which is where all the flights are performed in CE mode. If you have a dual-band drone in Europe, you'll notice that it never choses to fly in 5.8GHz, it will allways choose 2.4GHz because it has 4 times the power of 5.8GHz and works better.

"DJI removed the 2.4GHz module from this drone, which is where all the ..."
are you saying EU versions of this drone only have 5.8GHz hardware, and others have dual-band hardware??
2022-9-4
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 9-3 14:34
Default is a bad joke, DH and drone tweaks will sell more FCC hacks than ever thanks to DJI removing the 2.4GHz band from the Avata XD

the same developer who has supplied base code for those apps also offers it for free:
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... d3vl.b3yondunlocker

This worked for me, tested yesterday WITH THE OLDER GOGGLES v2 - i dont know about the new ones.

with the goggles v2 the max range in a completely open field went from 1,5 to 3km+ (i actually had to turn around due to battery, bitrate was still 8-16Mbit).

However - i cant tell whether or not it now uses 2.4GHz. Transmission menu still only shows option for 5.8GHz, and the "Status" page is just empty for me - anyone have any idea how to find out, what band a connected avata is actually using??

Cheers
2022-9-4
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

The Avata has only one 5.8Ghz module for video
2022-9-4
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Sebb Posted at 9-4 00:43
"DJI removed the 2.4GHz module from this drone, which is where all the ..."
are you saying EU versions of this drone only have 5.8GHz hardware, and others have dual-band hardware??

No, what I meant is that all other DJI drones are dual-band (2.4GHz and 5.8GHz), like the Mini2, Mini 3, Air2, 2S, Mavic 3, etc and the Avata is they only recent DJI drone that only transmits in 5.8GHz.
2022-9-4
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

hmm, i don´t have a android phone..but i would like to set my avata in fcc mode ;)
2022-9-4
Use props
d-boone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34144 ft
Switzerland

Originalas Posted at 9-3 13:57
Yes, because I will finish the FCC unlock video only on Monday.

Though I've used drone tweaks fcc app to unlock. There is nothing complicated. Just buying the app and running instead the DJI Fly.

thanks for sharing! do you have to re-apply the hack every time you start the avata, or does it stay active?
2022-9-4
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

d-boone Posted at 9-4 22:28
thanks for sharing! do you have to re-apply the hack every time you start the avata, or does it stay active?

You have to connect the app each time after swapping a battery.

Here is my range test video before and after the fix, as promised.

2022-9-5
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Originalas Posted at 9-5 00:02

Thanks for taking the time to create and post this. I've not bought the Avata yet due to the signal issues reported here in the UK, but this changes everything. Thanks again
2022-9-5
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Sebb Posted at 9-4 00:54
the same developer who has supplied base code for those apps also offers it for free:
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... d3vl.b3yondunlocker

Did You try it on Avata?
2022-9-5
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

Best solution: https://b3yond.d3vl.com/
2022-9-5
Use props
stevejusto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Originalas Posted at 9-3 13:02
I've tested the FCC unlock today.
The drone lost signal at only 100 meters going behind a single tree in default mode.
And after the unlock at full FCC power it went for 2.5 km still with perfect video. I had to turn around because of the low battery and not the signal which was still perfect 50mbps at 2.5km!! And the video quality is way better after the unlock.

which fcc unlock did you use ? is it a website
2022-9-5
Use props
fans97153237
lvl.1

Netherlands

create plain text file with name "ham_cfg_support", no extension, and save it on the root of the SD card on the goggle 2 or v2. presto FCC mode unlocked
2022-9-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans97153237 Posted at 9-5 06:55
create plain text file with name "ham_cfg_support", no extension, and put it on the goggle 2 or v2. presto FCC mode unlocked
What do you mean with "put it on the Goggles"...?  
Save to SD card?  
If so, in which directory...?
2022-9-5
Use props
fans97153237
lvl.1

Netherlands

frankymusik Posted at 9-5 07:37
What do you mean with "put it on the Goggles"...?  
Save to SD card?  
If so, in which directory...?

Root dir of SD card
2022-9-5
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

Impressive signal penetration after the FCC unlock! Probably more than double range in forest compared with a regular DJI FPV air unit. Which gets blocky already just at 30 meters away.

2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_fOgL4ylPWMs8
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Originalas Posted at 9-5 00:02

Thanks for this post.   I will find out on Christmas Day if it works
2022-11-18
Use props
djiuser_ymP6UcFFq5aO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384272 ft
Netherlands

Which channel is fcc in the menu in the goggles
Channel 1, 2 or 3?
2023-2-19
Use props
fansd9ed854a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149757 ft
South Africa

don't you just put it back to AUTO mode after verifying the 3 channels are present?
2023-3-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

fansd9ed854a Posted at 3-7 05:45
don't you just put it back to AUTO mode after verifying the 3 channels are present?

yes indeed  
setting it to manual is just for verification.
2023-3-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

The Europe overloads have determined that you should have 80x less power in CE regions for remote controlled devices
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_LcjPVam1KpPz
New

Spain

Hello Folks!
The option "channel mode" is disabled in my goggles 2, with the "Auto" automatically selected.
I bought dji avata pro view package 1 month ago in Switzerland and not sure about how to make it enable for then select the channel by my own.

Any suggestion about how to solve this? thank you very much!
2023-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules