DJi Avata not recording to SD card
12678 23 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc5ef787a
lvl.1

Slovenia

I made first 2 flights and choose in settings to record on Googles and on Aircraft. The SD card in Aircraft is not recording, does anyone else have same troubles?

I have an SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB micro SD cards.

2022-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The aircraft has built in 20Gb which it chooses by default, change it in the camera settings. Your files will be on the built in storage, plug in a USB-C cable to get at them.
2022-9-3
Use props
TobiasFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 978005 ft
Germany

Yes as pointed out before me it records to internal storage by default. You have to change it in the settings
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please check the storage settings on the DJI Fly application if it is set to save on the microSD card of your DJI Avata. You can change it in the camera settings of the DJI Fly application. Thank you.
2022-9-3
Use props
fansc5ef787a
lvl.1

Slovenia

Hi, thank you for all the answers. Yes it is corect, all the footage is on the drone internal memory. Why It did not catch my attention, because i have choosen in settings to record "both" googles and SD card.

I will try to find this in settings. Thank you
2022-9-3
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

fansc5ef787a Posted at 9-3 23:04
Hi, thank you for all the answers. Yes it is corect, all the footage is on the drone internal memory. Why It did not catch my attention, because i have choosen in settings to record "both" googles and SD card.

I am having the same issue.  Have tried recording to both, goggles only, aircraft only.  SD card with and without.  Have formatted everything.  Weird thing is, it will save video, but not photos.  I'm not new to drones or DJI.  Any other ideas?  I've confirmed all settings above.  When I click the shutter on either remote, the icon spins likes its taking something, but there is nothing in the album.
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_aoV06UNcL1Mz
New
Flight distance : 4537 ft

Australia

Harkco Posted at 9-12 11:21
I am having the same issue.  Have tried recording to both, goggles only, aircraft only.  SD card with and without.  Have formatted everything.  Weird thing is, it will save video, but not photos.  I'm not new to drones or DJI.  Any other ideas?  I've confirmed all settings above.  When I click the shutter on either remote, the icon spins likes its taking something, but there is nothing in the album.
Make sure your not trying to transfer with the C to C lightning cable I used the otg  cable and a Standard C to usb and it immediately picked up the sd cards. Also photos can't save in the goggles,only the drone video is stored on the goggles. It saves video in both drone and goggles though
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_aoV06UNcL1Mz
New

Australia

Also if you do connect your dji fly app to your phone and link the goggles to your phone with a C to C lightning ceble you get an option in the bottom right corner of the main screen of the dji fly app click it once the drone syncs with the fpv goggles and controls you can externally view what the other person sees through the goggles on the phone!!!! simultaneously!!! Did someone say screen recording or friends can fpv with you on a tethered tablet or phone with a C to C cable the dji fly app!!! Amazing
2022-9-12
Use props
djiuser_aoV06UNcL1Mz
New

Australia

Harkco Posted at 9-12 11:21
If your trying to read the SD card with a C to C lightning cable from your phone to the goggles or the drone it won't detect the SD card. I used the C type to female USB otg cable provided plugging a USB male to usb c into that then it read my sd cards on my phone emmediatly. Hope this helps. Also try your laptop using a standard USB C cable it's the same principle less steps
2022-9-12
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

So - I want to be sure I have this right before I go down a rabbit hole with service....

1.  If have no SD card in the drone or goggles and I take pictures, it will not store to the goggles, but the internal memory of the drone?
2.  In the same scenario above, if I take video, I should be able to view the video on the goggles album, but not any photos.
3.  If have an SD card in the drone and take videos or photos, I can view them by swapping the SD card into the goggles?

I am just confused - is the internal memory on the Drone or the goggles?  And why the heck can you not store photos on the internal memory, but you can videos?

So far the only way I pull photos from the drone is removing the SD card from the drone and putting it in the goggles.
2022-9-12
Use props
fanse607b281
New

United States

I don’t even see the option in settings to switch to the sd card
2022-9-28
Use props
fans058044ef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15259 ft
Argentina

fanse607b281 Posted at 9-28 03:28
I don’t even see the option in settings to switch to the sd card

Same here, I can’t find this option in Google glass neither in app.
2022-10-15
Use props
Bogart986
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32418 ft
United States

djiuser_aoV06UNcL1Mz Posted at 9-12 12:53
If your trying to read the SD card with a C to C lightning cable from your phone to the goggles or the drone it won't detect the SD card. I used the C type to female USB otg cable provided plugging a USB male to usb c into that then it read my sd cards on my phone emmediatly. Hope this helps. Also try your laptop using a standard USB C cable it's the same principle less steps

No idea why, I did not see the contents of internal memory at first using usb c to usb c.  However, after I switched to a male usb to usb c cable I started to see the internal drive photos and videos. As a result I thought that made a difference; however, after switching back to the usb c to usb c I could see the contents then also.  Pretty sure I had both cables properly seated. Another intermittent thing I think I have noticed but can't predictably repeat is I think I saw a storage option in the menu using the goggles connected to a phone/ DJI Fly app and at some point connected the drone to to a computer (usb c to usbc) and the empty ssd/internal memory was identified as and external drive.  Confusing.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_pS6rvCmojUHu
New

United Kingdom

yes had the same issue today on my first flight
2022-11-11
Use props
backroadrider
New

United States

This may or may not be helpful, but I have found that some UCB C male terminals have such a large rubber gripper around the plug that they can't seat properly in the Avata's very narrow USB C port.  If you aren't seeing any videos via USB, you might want to launch DJI Assistant and confirm the aircraft is connecting; if it's not, try a different cable.
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_4y5qqCUWJDse
lvl.1
United States

I'm having nothing but problems trying to get the SD card record on my avada aircraft. I have tried different ways, this just seems silly to me. It should automatically record as it does on my mavic 3 classic.

I love the drone but, I hate the fact that it won't record.
2023-3-4
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

You have to change it in the settings
2023-3-13
Use props
ASwatzell23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332940 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4y5qqCUWJDse Posted at 3-4 18:18
I'm having nothing but problems trying to get the SD card record on my avada aircraft. I have tried different ways, this just seems silly to me. It should automatically record as it does on my mavic 3 classic.

I love the drone but, I hate the fact that it won't record.

Same here. Mine will not record to the SD card in the drone. It’s not highlighted as an option either. It’s like it isn’t reading it at all.
2023-3-22
Use props
ASwatzell23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332940 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc5ef787a Posted at 2022-9-3 23:04
Hi, thank you for all the answers. Yes it is corect, all the footage is on the drone internal memory. Why It did not catch my attention, because i have choosen in settings to record "both" googles and SD card.

I am having the same problems. I don’t have the option of recording to the SD card. It is grayed out on my screen.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_WxgGjgdbYK2N
New

United Kingdom

Me too, SD card all greyed out and can't be selected however if you select format SD card it will happily do that, thus proving the connection I guess. Very stumped but admittedly new to the drone. Watching with interesting to see if anyone can save the day.
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_WxgGjgdbYK2N Posted at 10-14 10:03
Me too, SD card all greyed out and can't be selected however if you select format SD card it will happily do that, thus proving the connection I guess. Very stumped but admittedly new to the drone. Watching with interesting to see if anyone can save the day.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. May I know what SD card are you using? Does the issue still show even after replacing the SD card?
2023-10-21
Use props
Little Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80699 ft

United Kingdom

Having the same issues! Going for fix tonight!
2-20 11:35
Use props
Little Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80699 ft

United Kingdom

Fantastic! It works, thanks DJI Forum contributors!
2-20 13:20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Little Pilot Posted at 2-20 13:20
Fantastic! It works, thanks DJI Forum contributors!

I'm glad you managed to fix yours. Additionally, to ensure SD card performance with the Avata, you can refer to the recommended MicroSD cards on the list:

Have a nice day.
2-21 00:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules