D500 Camera Control Cable
1266 1 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jAjX648gsHPo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67605 ft
United States

File this in the category of, "you learn new something every day." I just got a Ronin SC, and I shoot with a Nikon D500. The D500 is listed on DJI's compatibility list, and the manual says to use the USB C cable with the micro adapter. The D500 also has a Type 3 micro port, and no Type 3 micro adapter was included, which seemed really odd, to me.
I also tried a C to Type 3 micro cable I have for an external HDD, but no joy. I learned a couple of things reading forum comments including that the C to C camera cable is not just a standard C cable (DJI said they were in the process of developing a new cable for another camera), and, apparently, you can use just half the Type 3 micro port. An adapter that looks like a C to micro A adapter comes with the Ronin SC.
Long story short (I know - too late), I attached the DJI micro A adapter to the DJI camera control cable, plug the adapter into the bigger side of the Type 3 micro port (where it will fit), and my D500 works just fine. Enjoy!
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting and informative information with us here at DJI Forum about this matter. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming.
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules