Just Bought a Barely used Mavic Air
554 4 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
13_Dragons
lvl.1

United States

Hello Everyone,
I just bought a pre owned, Pristine Condition Mavic Air Fly more Combo. This thing does not have a scratch anywhere on it, I charged up the 3 Batteries But Due to Rain today I was only able to test one Battery Got 18 minutes out of this battery, The Battery has only been chared 11 times one of those was my charging Batts up today So This Batt had only been charged 10 times before I got it.
Anyway when I upacked the drone and powered it on, I had to do a Compass calibrate, Then tonight when I powered Aircraft on, I had to do another compass calibrate before I could take off. Is this Normal for older Gen DJI Mavic Air to need a compass calibrate each time it is powered up? My Mini 2 rarely ever needs a compass calibrate. SO just wondering if the Mavic Air is this way normally.
I needed a aircraft that could track my boat when I am on the river fishing, That is one thing my Mini 2 can not do, But the Air will do. I am on disability So I cant afford a Air 2S or a Mini 3 Pro as much as I would love to have one of the two. So I was lucky to find a lightly used Air for just under $300.00 and that came with Fly More Combo, Three Polar pro ND filters, The Batts batt, charger, and all the Cables There sets of props, and a Tablet mount for controller The guy even threw in a 32gb SD card. But Since I am new to the Air was wanting to know about compass calibrate. Everything else with the Aircraft is Fine. Just not used to having to calibrate a DJI drone at each power up.

Thanks In Advance,
13_Dragons

2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 13_Dragons. Good day and congratulations on your DJI Mavic Air. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. DJI recommends to calibrate the compass of your DJI Mavic Air in the following situations:
1. Flying at a location further than 31 miles ( 50 km ) away from the location the aircraft was last flown.
2. The DJI Drone has not been flown for more than 30 days.
3. A compass interference warning appears in DJ Go 4 application and/or the DJI Drone status indicator blinks red and yellow alternately.
Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-9-3
Use props
Droningalex Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Yes, I had the mavic air1. Also the spark, and now I have the mavic pro, mavic2, mini2 and air2.
The air1 was always asking for compass calibration, it's a thing with the air1
2022-9-4
Use props
HKS_MJZ
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hi 13_Dragons, I'm also a new (1 month) user of a used  Mavic Air Fly more Combo, I only have compass issues when near metallic objects, like railings, a car or a lamp post, if you are in a wheelchair ? Sorry I don't want ot insult you or anything, a wheelchair has lots of metal parts, you said your disabled, so I'm guessing here.  Try to move at least 2 meters away from any metallic object when starting. I was at a wedding last weekend, and tried to lift of a metallic table, I was getting the compass error non stop even after calibrating, once I placed it on concrete and away from the table and railings, I was fine Good luck in your adventures!   
2022-9-6
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

For the Air 1, yeah it's a thing.

Moving it away from any metal (2 mtrs / 6 feet) helps, but often you just have to calibrate the damn thing.
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules