821 7 2022-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
irelandscape
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32726 ft
Ireland

Dear DJI support team,
Today I brought the drone for a second test flight after my recent purchase.

I experienced an unexpected RC freeze with the drone which was in direct line of sight at a distance of maybe around 50 meters.

First here are the current specifications of my equipment:
DJI Mini 3 Pro + DJI RC
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0300
RC Firmware: 01.01.0300

As mentioned above I was flying the drone in a straight line without any obstacle along the way.
There were dense trees maybe about 10m away on each side of the drone along this route.

At a distance of roughly 50 meters I got a warning from the RC that video loss had been lost with the drone and indeed the image on the RC was frozen.
I could see in the distance that the drone was still under RC control as I could go up and down on the spot.
At that point I was a bit nervous because I had rotated the drone and wasn't sure which way it was facing making a return flight a bit hazardous with the trees.
I was also nervous to engage the RTH function with the trees on each side of the route.

After a couple of minutes I decided to activate the RTH nevertheless and kept an eye on the drone in the distance, ready to stop the procedure if it seemed to get too close to the trees.
Fortunately the RTH procedure went well and the drone landed safely.

I should say that I never recovered the video feed even when the drone was only a couple of meters away from me.
I had to restart the RC to recover the video feed.

All throughout this episode I think the reception was very good (not 100% sure about this but resonably confident).
I also had over 20 GPS satellites connected.Also, I think the RC battery level was over 70% and the same for the drone battery.
So to be honest it looks more like a software bug in the RC than a reception problem.

I would be very grateful if you could let me know if you are aware of such problems and if others have experienced the same issue.
Hopefully this is a small issue that can be resolved through firmware update.

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

2022-9-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help/advice from the forum is to upload your flightlog.
Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here.

cheers
JJB
2022-9-4
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

update firmware please, it is fixed
2022-9-4
Use props
irelandscape
lvl.2
Ireland

fateofangel Posted at 9-4 11:14
update firmware please, it is fixed

It looks like I'm up to date with the latest firmware.
The RC reports 'your firmware is up to date' for the aircraft.
The RC firmware just says 01.01.0300 with no link to check for updates.
Am i missing something?
2022-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sometimes you may need to refresh firmware and you should refresh it in DJI assistant. It’s unlikely there is anything wrong with your drone.
2022-9-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-4 12:16
Sometimes you may need to refresh firmware and you should refresh it in DJI assistant. It’s unlikely there is anything wrong with your drone.

DO NOT do this right now using Assistant 2 (Consumer). See this post!!!
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there irelandscape. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

2022-9-4
Use props
irelandscape
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-4 19:11
Hello there irelandscape. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your reply.

I am now almost certain that what I experienced was the Fly app freezing on the DJI RC, and not a problem with poor reception. I've updated the title of this thread to reflect this.

What leads me to this conclusions is:
- I replayed the flight yesterday and I can see that the RC reported full signal strength without interruption
- The app then froze. The image didn't turn to grayscale, it simply froze.
- The automatic RTH procedure didn't engage even though it was configured for automatic RTH on signal loss.
- The drone was still under my control. I could see it following my stick controls in the distance and the RTH worked when I started it manually.
- The video freeze did not recover even when the drone was next to me after the RTH procedure
- Things went back to normal after I power cycled the DJI RC.

Since then I have search for other people having similar problems and indeed I found a few similar reports.

In short I believe that the 01.01.0300 DJI RC firmware hasn't solved all freezing problems.

I would be happy if you could confirm if DJI is aware that this problem exists and will address it in a future firmware update.

Best regards.
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules