Mavic 3, camera light leak?
1022 9 2022-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guenther Jan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1601588 ft
Czechia

Whenever I shoot towards the sun I have a large light reflection „on the ground“ tilting up and down does not seem to have any effect. Is this normal for the Mavic 3?
Should I send it for a repair this winter? I use the drone for work and its fully booked till December, so I need to work around it but I haven’t noticed it before until shooting this job.

2022-9-4
Use props
Guenther Jan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1601588 ft
Czechia

cant seem to figure out how to pull down the post. But it seems its https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiligenschein
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Guenther Jan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that when your DJI Drone facing directly to the strong light, it would trigger obstacle avoidance mistakenly. So you might need to avoid flying straight to the sunlight to avoid any unwanted incident. Thank you.
2022-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes it is Heiligenschein, and you cannot avoid it.
2022-9-4
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 9-4 21:37
Yes it is Heiligenschein, and you cannot avoid it.

This is exactly what OP is experiencing and sadly something that we all have to avoid in our footage. Nothing wrong with the drone at all.
2022-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nope. Nothing wrong with your drone / camera.
It is very common to see this from the sky, but you only realize this when you have a flying camera
2022-9-5
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

ohh my hell...
2022-9-5
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Yep, that's where the sahdow of the drone is basically, it's a physical thing, not drone related, son to avoid it just keep the shadow out of the footage.
2022-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This might help.

2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030594 ft
Australia

here is an example of Heiligenschein around a larger airframe about to descend into low cloud  
2022-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules