Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles 2 doesn't fit my nose/face - Painful! [AWARENESS]
123Next >
14628 89 2022-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update 8/4/2023:
DJI's new foam padding sucks just as bad as the original. Don't bother. Waste of $35+ for me.
Not perfect, but the best I have found so far is this padding from China: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804740101248.html

You would think that a big company like DJI would test and make good options for facial fit... making the same fit x3 with different materials is just not going to fix the issue.

Update:
Received the rubber cover today and it is exactly as expected. It's just a thin rubber cover... does not help at all. Save your $$. The foam option is best.

Update:
I have received and tested the foam padding. It still pinches the nose a bit but is much better on the nose bridge pain.
I have only used for a few batteries and a few flights, but is much better and I do not plan on going back to the original OEM.
Optics are the same... no changes.

For me the faceplate is just not right; it seems like the nose on the faceplate is too high;  the ridge part of the faceplate has to be in the crest of my nose to get a clear view.  Is there anything I can do now to reduce the damage to my nose?  I know in xx months there may be some aftermaket replacements maybe... but is there anything I can do now?  

~ I have 2 more batteries coming next week and I fear permanent damage will be done to my face/nose if I wear the DJI Goggles 2 for more than 30 minutes. lol

Anyone else? Any solutions?

065610dyytftt25ybv11nw.jpg
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Bob. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. As per checking here, it shows that we don't have a different size for this specific part of the goggles on our store website. However, we will surely forward this to our designated team for your attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-4
Use props
Big DZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-4 17:57
Hi there, Bob. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. As per checking here, it shows that we don't have a different size for this specific part of the goggles on our store website. However, we will surely forward this to our designated team for your attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.

You guys need the foam like you did for the v1 and v2 goggles. The fit, lack of comfort of the goggles 2 is really bad with the OEM faceplate. In fact, It really sucks!!!!!
2022-9-4
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Big DZ Posted at 9-4 18:06
You guys need the foam like you did for the v1 and v2 goggles. The fit, lack of comfort of the goggles 2 is really bad with the OEM faceplate. In fact, It really sucks!!!!!

Now I am curious if Goggles V1 and V2 faceplate would work with Goggles 2.
Cross-compatibility since dji devs did that with the fpv controls why not also the faceplate?
A: because that would make too much sense.

Can they be retro fitted maybe?
Edit: Goggles V1 and V2 appear much bigger in shape than Goggles 2. so guessing no.

2022-9-5
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kind of makeshift, I had the original faceplate from the fpv goggles I replaced with the foam one, and I also had velcro I purchased from bangood for repairs etc, all sections cut to fit the original . I jury rigged the faceplate OVER the goggles 2 faceplate not instead of, it is crude but allows me to see better. One caveat is that I guess places my head a little far from the proximity sensor and I have to fiddle a bit to get it to sit right and activate the screens. As good as that sensor is to save battery it is a bit annoying. DJI has foam replacement in the website, I ordered but will not be available for another month or so. Oh btw my fix doesnt releave the nose issue.
2022-9-5
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 9-5 20:21
Kind of makeshift, I had the original faceplate from the fpv goggles I replaced with the foam one, and I also had velcro I purchased from bangood for repairs etc, all sections cut to fit the original . I jury rigged the faceplate OVER the goggles 2 faceplate not instead of, it is crude but allows me to see better. One caveat is that I guess places my head a little far from the proximity sensor and I have to fiddle a bit to get it to sit right and activate the screens. As good as that sensor is to save battery it is a bit annoying. DJI has foam replacement in the website, I ordered but will not be available for another month or so. Oh btw my fix doesnt releave the nose issue.

If  this is what you ordered then this is no different then what you already have. Same <> Same. This is not a more improved version with thicker padding.

Going to be a while before we see a fix I think. DJI should recall the flat faced faceplates and give customers with noses proper ones. This is rediculous. My nose is not that big... it's average / not a beaker. I tried using gorilla tape to modify a bit but actually made it worse... seems like a small but annoying issue. Needs a new design ASAP.
2022-9-6
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This seems to be a wide spread issue... one of the worst issues with the Goggles 2.   If anyone sees/finds an aftermarket solution... please post here.  I tried going through all 3 batteries last night and could only do 2... at the end of 2 batteries and a small break between, the bridge of my nose was hurting for a bit.  This is my #1 and only gripe about this product. A simple foam padding addon or replacement so it fits normal faces would be nice. (My face is not FLAT! I HAVE A NOSE. lol)
2022-9-7
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I'm simply returning my Goggles 2. This is not the only problem.

2022-9-7
Use props
FlyingHigh007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4311936 ft
Australia

Yeah. I cannot get them to fit. They are horrible to fly with. 1 set of batteries and my nose is very sore. Plus the optics are terrible. Can't see the edges of the screen! Changing the scaling doesn't move the telemetry and menu either so can't fix it with that. My V2 googles are so much better on every level. Regretting buying the Googles 2 now. Wish I could get my money back. Sure the image quality is good but the fit is the worst I've ever had and I've used lots of goggles!!
2022-9-8
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FlyingHigh007 Posted at 9-8 01:09
Yeah. I cannot get them to fit. They are horrible to fly with. 1 set of batteries and my nose is very sore. Plus the optics are terrible. Can't see the edges of the screen! Changing the scaling doesn't move the telemetry and menu either so can't fix it with that. My V2 googles are so much better on every level. Regretting buying the Googles 2 now. Wish I could get my money back. Sure the image quality is good but the fit is the worst I've ever had and I've used lots of goggles!!

You can return if within 14 days and they are like new.
I do not think they warrant a return, but they do need to fix a few things.
2022-9-8
Use props
FlyingHigh007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4311936 ft
Australia

Bob Brown Posted at 9-8 03:33
You can return if within 14 days and they are like new.
I do not think they warrant a return, but they do need to fix a few things.

Yeah I've been pondering! The image quality on them is amazing. Fit not so much. Hoping they release a fix and give it to us for free haha.
2022-9-8
Use props
djiuser_7GYjxkffUvDl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65856 ft
United States

I unfortunately have a large nose and no amount of foam is going to be able to help.  That is because my eyes don't actually get close enough to the lenses to even see the whole screen unless I really press them hard against my nose and even then I can't get close enough.  I don't see a way that these will ever work for me unless the plastic form in the nose section is cut out or reformed for larger noses... ugh.  I really want to love these.
2022-9-13
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, have to agree with most here.  The DJI Goggles 2 are great visually.  However, the fit has room for improvement.  DJI should have gone with the foam inserts right outta the gate.  I'll be shopping around for a foam insert myself for these to make them more comfortable.  Other than the fit...I really do love them.  
2022-9-13
Use props
reyd8
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue. The Goggles even pinch my nose closed enough that I have to mouth breathe.  My nose isnt that big.  The only place the faceplate touches is right in the center of my forehead, and my nose.  The bottom of the faceplate is a good half inch away from my face.  I essentially have to skip the head strap and hold the goggles by hand.  After 1 week, I have bruising on the bridge of my nose, so i'm pretty much not flying it now.  Makes the Fly more kit that is arriving tomorrow seem like a waste of $$.  I can barely make it through one battery before my nose has had enough.  I have been using a Quest 2 VR headset for over a year, and the fit is fine. Heck the Quest 2 doesn't even touch my nose.  I suspect that I will need to cut the entire nose bridge pad off of the face plate.  if more than just the forehead of the faceplate would actually touch my face, this wouldn't be as big of an issue.  For the price DJi demands for this headset, which only comes with 1 controller option that won't even allow you to use the Avata to it's fullest (flying in reverse and " strafing"), a little bit more R&D should have gone into the fitment of the Goggles 2.  They are goggles, their #1 main function is to fit on your face.  How they got that so wrong is beyond me.  The Goggles 2 do not stand up the level of quality I have come to expect from DJI.
2022-9-19
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

reyd8 Posted at 9-19 11:06
I'm having the same issue. The Goggles even pinch my nose closed enough that I have to mouth breathe.  My nose isnt that big.  The only place the faceplate touches is right in the center of my forehead, and my nose.  The bottom of the faceplate is a good half inch away from my face.  I essentially have to skip the head strap and hold the goggles by hand.  After 1 week, I have bruising on the bridge of my nose, so i'm pretty much not flying it now.  Makes the Fly more kit that is arriving tomorrow seem like a waste of $$.  I can barely make it through one battery before my nose has had enough.  I have been using a Quest 2 VR headset for over a year, and the fit is fine. Heck the Quest 2 doesn't even touch my nose.  I suspect that I will need to cut the entire nose bridge pad off of the face plate.  if more than just the forehead of the faceplate would actually touch my face, this wouldn't be as big of an issue.  For the price DJi demands for this headset, which only comes with 1 controller option that won't even allow you to use the Avata to it's fullest (flying in reverse and " strafing"), a little bit more R&D should have gone into the fitment of the Goggles 2.  They are goggles, their #1 main function is to fit on your face.  How they got that so wrong is beyond me.  The Goggles 2 do not stand up the level of quality I have come to expect from DJI.

Yup I do a battery and then take a break while rubbing/messaging my nose. I am guessing that the folks that designed and tested this are Chinese. The facial profile is very flat and much different than anyone else in the world.  I am hoping that soon there will be aftermarket options that replace the original. But for now the breaks between seem to help. (note: Fly more is a waste of money... until they fix this because you can charge a battery while you fly and take a break... 2nd battery  will be all charged up in like 45 min using the correct charger.)
2022-9-19
Use props
fansbca176ae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 608478 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Goggles 2 also do not fit my face.  For me, I can't see the screen unless I left and hold the bottom part of the goggles up and away from my face.  Apparently, I need extra padding along the bottom and less padding along the top in order to get the lenses to sit in front of my eyes.

I also experience the problem where you can't adjust the spacing of the lenses to see the whole screen from left to right.  Either I get to see the left, middle or right portion of the screen clearly with both eyes open or I have to separate the lenses so far apart that the center portion is blurry.  There doesn't seem to be a way to see the whole screen clearly.
2022-9-27
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anyone find a solution yet? Perhaps I sell these Goggles 2 and buy the better Googles V2?  They seem to be far more comfortable and compatible with at least the DJI Air units. The "higher end" Goggles 2 are compatible with almost nothing and are literally a pain in the nose. I tried to fly 2 batteries yesterday and the nose bridge torture was just too much... I only got through 1/2 the 2nd battery. This is seriously rediculous. Is DJI not doing anything to fix this? How about all the devs at DJI have to wear the Goggles 2 for at least 2 hours without a break. Let's see how they fair.

I heard a rumor that Russia is using the Goggles 2 to "convince" soldiers to join their army. (Too soon?)
2022-10-4
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Bob Brown Posted at 10-4 03:37
Anyone find a solution yet? Perhaps I sell these Goggles 2 and buy the better Googles V2?  They seem to be far more comfortable and compatible with at least the DJI Air units. The "higher end" Goggles 2 are compatible with almost nothing and are literally a pain in the nose. I tried to fly 2 batteries yesterday and the nose bridge torture was just too much... I only got through 1/2 the 2nd battery. This is seriously rediculous. Is DJI not doing anything to fix this? How about all the devs at DJI have to wear the Goggles 2 for at least 2 hours without a break. Let's see how they fair.

I heard a rumor that Russia is using the Goggles 2 to "convince" soldiers to join their army. (Too soon?)

That's what i did. Got goggles v2 they fit my face even with glasses, even without "foam" that i will get to better obscure light. I am keeping th goggles 2 for the moment, hopefully someone will make a decent face mask soon.
2022-10-4
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mat8861 Posted at 10-4 06:53
That's what i did. Got goggles v2 they fit my face even with glasses, even without "foam" that i will get to better obscure light. I am keeping th goggles 2 for the moment, hopefully someone will make a decent face mask soon.

Just looked and like everything else related to Avata.. "Out of Stock".  I have spent so much money on this product already... (over $2k now)  DJI needs to offer a Goggles 2 exchange + refund or fix the damn nose bridge issue on the Goggles 2. I am willing to bet that there are folks out there considering a class-action lawsuit for the false claims in it's advertising. (not to mention typo's lol)

Comfortable to wear? - Long term use? ~ My assbutthole they are.
(I double dog dare you to try and wear them for 2 hours battery life... lol)

"Follow Your Insticts" - wtf is an instict? ~ They can't even spell simple English words.
2022-10-4
Use props
guidodg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149757 ft
South Africa

2022-10-4
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44948 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The Goggles 2 were really poorly designed.
2022-10-4
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not used the Goggles 2 yet as I am waiting on my corrective lens...so using the V2 to fly the Avata, V2 is much nicer and I can use my glasses with it. Just a pain that every time I switch to fly between Avata and  FPV, I need rebind on Fly app and re do the Firmware because they are 2 different Firmware's for the Avata and for the FPV.

Now, I also have a long nose and Goggle 2 fits poorly, I don't know is adding foam will be a solution because the nature of lens design, your eyes must be real close to the lens in order to minimize distortion, in my opinion a very poor design...it fits kids OK tho...LOL
2022-10-4
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 10-4 14:59
I have not used the Goggles 2 yet as I am waiting on my corrective lens...so using the V2 to fly the Avata, V2 is much nicer and I can use my glasses with it. Just a pain that every time I switch to fly between Avata and  FPV, I need rebind on Fly app and re do the Firmware because they are 2 different Firmware's for the Avata and for the FPV.

Now, I also have a long nose and Goggle 2 fits poorly, I don't know is adding foam will be a solution because the nature of lens design, your eyes must be real close to the lens in order to minimize distortion, in my opinion a very poor design...it fits kids OK tho...LOL

I think you may be right. Not much they can do and this product is going to flop into history as the worst FPV headset you can get. DJI is already losing customers and sales over it and making people aware that the Goggles 2 is facial torture and NOT at all as advertised.

I will keep bumping this post and others like it to increase awareness until something is done.
Posting in other forums as well.. public awareness = reduced sales. Gonna hurt them maybe a little in the money sales zone until they fix this.
2022-10-5
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 10-5 03:23
I think you may be right. Not much they can do and this product is going to flop into history as the worst FPV headset you can get. DJI is already losing customers and sales over it and making people aware that the Goggles 2 is facial torture and NOT at all as advertised.

I will keep bumping this post and others like it to increase awareness until something is done.

Don't forget YouTube as well
2022-10-5
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Man me too. Extremely uncomfortable on the nose, and hard to breathe from nose. Big design flaw. You guys have to create a thicker face plate so goggles rest on your face and not the nose. I’m desperately waiting for a solution.
2022-10-7
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HDPS Posted at 10-5 17:30
Don't forget YouTube as well

Thanks for doing this. Hopefully they will listen and make an upgraded thicker faceplate sponge.
2022-10-7
Use props
fans44075a6b
New

United States

It’s same for me; I have a fairly wide nose, so apart from the discomfort of wearing the goggles 2, I’m unable to see the entire screen because my eyes can’t get close enough to the lenses. You can scale the video image to <100% but that only adjusts the video feed, not the menus and indicators. It’s quite disappointing from what is otherwise an awesome product. Hoping for a solution soon
2022-10-9
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I ended up cutting away the rubber and then sticking a rubber eyeglass nose pad on the location the goggles were jabbbing into the bridge of my nose. So far a good work around.

mod

mod
2022-10-9
Use props
Dr_Bruce24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81322 ft
Austria

That's my current solution ...

2022-10-22
Use props
fansd9ed854a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149757 ft
South Africa

that foam strip is so thick surely it puts the eyepieces too far from your eyes for you to see a complete picture?
2022-10-22
Use props
ab0badr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19062 ft
  • >>>
Saudi Arabia

it seems like a real problem

8786.jpg

Go to 09:10

2022-10-23
Use props
Dr_Bruce24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81322 ft
Austria

fansd9ed854a Posted at 10-22 09:38
that foam strip is so thick surely it puts the eyepieces too far from your eyes for you to see a complete picture?

yes, that's true ... :-(
2022-10-23
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4
Brazil

You can return if within 14 days and they are like new. I do not think they warrant a return, but they do need to fix a few things
2022-10-23
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 10-23 17:35
You can return if within 14 days and they are like new. I do not think they warrant a return, but they do need to fix a few things

I honestly would have done this if people didn't keep saying "a fix is coming soon". No fix is coming... we are stuck with it unfortunately. I would be willing to trade for the Goggles V2 straight up if DJI offered it.

The Goggles 2 I see as a massive failure. Possibly cave dwelling Chinese people developed them?
2022-10-24
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4
Brazil

Bob Brown Posted at 10-24 09:20
I honestly would have done this if people didn't keep saying "a fix is coming soon". No fix is coming... we are stuck with it unfortunately. I would be willing to trade for the Goggles V2 straight up if DJI offered it.

The Goggles 2 I see as a massive failure. Possibly cave dwelling Chinese people devleoped them?

2022-10-24
Use props
Vagoulas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303901 ft
Greece

For me now is 100%ok i can see everything,it's not painful, and no light leaking! I have change 3 foam and i found the best for my face!Now I'm very happy!
20221027_161923.jpg
20221027_161936.jpg
20221027_161916.jpg
20221027_161919.jpg
2022-10-27
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well that gives some hope of a 3rd party solution at least.  You don't have any vision loss around the edges of the lenses?
2022-10-27
Use props
Vagoulas
lvl.2
Greece

No,i can see everything and also not blurry!
2022-10-27
Use props
Vagoulas
lvl.2
Greece

I cut all the original foam and i placed scratch around and after that it easy because you can replace in one minute the foam and you can see what is the best for your face.All of this 3 foams it is far away better than the original but one of them that   the softest and most thinnest it is better for me!
20221027_201639.jpg
20221027_201645.jpg
2022-10-27
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4
Brazil

You guys need the foam like you did for the v1 and v2 goggles.
2022-10-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules