Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-6 05:26
If  this is what you ordered then this is no different then what you already have. Same  Same. This is not a more improved version with thicker padding.

Going to be a while before we see a fix I think. DJI should recall the flat faced faceplates and give customers with noses proper ones. This is rediculous. My nose is not that big... it's average / not a beaker. I tried using gorilla tape to modify a bit but actually made it worse... seems like a small but annoying issue. Needs a new design ASAP.

Yes I finally got it and to my disappointment it is the original OEM facplate, but I have solved all issues I had by jury rigging my original FPV goggles faceplate onto the goggles 2 looks a little funky at the nose section so I'm going to work on that but works perfectly for me.
2022-10-31
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 10-30 04:04
You guys need the foam like you did for the v1 and v2 goggles.

You know where to get it at? Been looking almost on a weekly basis... no luck.
2022-11-1
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 10-31 11:53
Yes I finally got it and to my disappointment it is the original OEM facplate, but I have solved all issues I had by jury rigging my original FPV goggles faceplate onto the goggles 2 looks a little funky at the nose section so I'm going to work on that but works perfectly for me.[view_image][view_image][view_image]

How are the optics? Blurry or cutoff around the edges?
2022-11-1
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Bob Brown Posted at 11-1 06:32
You know where to get it at? Been looking almost on a weekly basis... no luck.

Sorry I don't
2022-11-2
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

In another post; forum member nosnoop found 2 potential products. I have ordered both for testing. (arriving in early Dec. 2022)

2022-11-9
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Bob Brown Posted at 11-9 12:03
In another post; forum member nosnoop found 2 potential products. I have ordered both for testing.

This is the Aliepxress link for the second one:

Link 2 - Aliexpress
2022-11-9
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have received and tested the foam padding. It still pinches the nose a bit but is much better on the nose bridge pain.
I have only used for a few batteries and a few flights, but is much better and I do not plan on going back to the original OEM.
Optics are the same.
2022-11-27
Use props
djiuser_O2MALwCXDRvO
lvl.1
United States

Following this post. Just got my goggles V2 yesterday. Almost none of the faceplate touches my face. Just the very bridge of my nose and the tips of my brow bones. It's not even pinching my nose. Just barely touching. Hoping we get some options here soon. Sounds like the ones Bob Brown posted might have some promise, but also take a month or longer to ship so that stinks.
2022-11-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Bob Brown Posted at 11-27 06:34
I have received and tested the foam padding. It still pinches the nose a bit but is much better on the nose bridge pain.
I have only used for a few batteries and a few flights, but is much better and I do not plan on going back to the original OEM.

and how is the focus on the optics?
Everything in focus? Do you see the edges of the optics??

I just received my avata with the goggles2.
Going to test fit the goggles today / tomorrow .... hope they fit me !
2022-11-27
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 11-27 23:18
and how is the focus on the optics?
Everything in focus? Do you see the edges of the optics??

The optics are no different than with the original... I did readjust the optics to fine tune, but for the most part the foam replaces and is shaped almost identical to the original. The difference is in the material used and the impact on the nose bridge area. Fixed? no. more tolerable.. yes.

I am still waiting on the rubber cover... I do not expect this to work any better as it is just a covering.
2022-11-28
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

test fitted the goggles2 yesterday.
They do fit, no light leakage and i can see everything.

I do feel the pressure on my nose, but it is not that bad.
I think i'll try one of the above linked products soon.
2022-11-28
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Bob Brown Posted at 11-27 06:34
I have received and tested the foam padding. It still pinches the nose a bit but is much better on the nose bridge pain.
I have only used for a few batteries and a few flights, but is much better and I do not plan on going back to the original OEM.
Optics are the same.

i also ordered the foam padding as a replacement for the original.
I think adding to the original with the sillicone is not going to do much.
2022-11-29
Use props
Uberau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554350 ft
Spain

I have received my Goggles 2. Here is my experience with them:

I spent hours fighting with the eye clearance and diopter settings, without being able to find the sweet spot where I could clearly see both the bottom and the corners. The menus look very blurry, also letters and numbers around the edges. It seems that if you manage to see OK one part of the screen, you are doomed to see another part poorly or blurry.

After wearing them for several minutes, they are very annoying on my nose. I don't think I have a big nose or very different face from the rest of the people. During use I have had to micro-adjust them many times to better focus on different menus.

After using them, I end up with very impaired vision from the effort of focusing and trying to see things clearly. This has worried me a lot when thinking on long term use.

It has been a huge disappointment for a googles that are supposed to be the best (and most expensive) on the market.
With V2 I don't have any of these problems so I will stick to them. For me, Goggles 2 failed at the very basic of a goggles should do: being comfortable.

This is why I have requested a refund. Of course, I would not recommend  Goggles 2 to anyone and I wonder how all those youtubers who rave about them have not seen any of these problems.

I hope to see this issues fixed on Goggles 3.
2022-11-29
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Yesterday i spent some time with the Goggles2 in FPV virtual flight.
When i position it as good as possible on my face, i can see pretty much everything in focus. Just either the top left and right, OR the bottom left and right corner is SLIGHTLY out of focus.
BUT.... this has always been the case when i flew with fatshark FPV goggles, so i accept this.

I can feel some pressure on my nose, but even after 20 minutes of virtual flying, there is no pain, so for MY FACE these goggles are not that bad.

I hope it gets better with the foam i ordered from aliexpress

i am glad i have a face that fits these goggles pretty good, because the image is awsome!
2022-11-29
Use props
Dr_Bruce24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81322 ft
Austria

Bob Brown Posted at 11-9 12:03
In another post; forum member nosnoop found 2 potential products. I have ordered both for testing. (arriving in early Dec. 2022)

now also available at Amazon  

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0BMVLSJQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2022-12-1
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Received the rubber cover today and it is exactly as expected. It's just a thin rubber cover... does not help at all. Save your $$. The foam option is best.
2022-12-2
Use props
WWarbird
lvl.1

New Zealand

Anyone tried this yet? or is it actually for the V2?

https://www.conrad.com/p/dji-multicopter-goggles-foam-pad-suitable-for-dji-goggles-dji-fpv-goggles-2-2346732
2022-12-2
Use props
Marrepower
lvl.2

Sweden

Agreed. It's pinching my nose, I cant breathe from one nostril. I can't get close enough so the edges are of the screen are blurry. Just bad experience overall. Never used Fpv goggles before.
2022-12-3
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

WWarbird Posted at 12-2 20:20
Anyone tried this yet? or is it actually for the V2?

https://www.conrad.com/p/dji-multicopter-goggles-foam-pad-suitable-for-dji-goggles-dji-fpv-goggles-2-2346732

these are for the Goggles v2, not the goggles2
2022-12-4
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Marrepower Posted at 12-3 05:19
Agreed. It's pinching my nose, I cant breathe from one nostril. I can't get close enough so the edges are of the screen are blurry. Just bad experience overall. Never used Fpv goggles before.

i have used several Fatshark goggles, and they all had the same as what i am experiencing with the goggles2:
Either the bottom left and right, OR the top left and right corner are slightly out of focus.
But just a little bit and when you are flying around you don't notice it.
So for me: the goggles 2 are OK
but that is for MY face....
2022-12-4
Use props
willempost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149925 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

here the same
I  will send mine back
i can not breath with my nose when wearing the goggles 2
come on DJI did you ever test these on european noses?
2022-12-7
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

i am glad it is not that bad for my face...

also there was an user that stated he could get more space at the nose by massaging the foam:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280713

as soon as i get my new padding in, i'll test and report. (the foam one from aliexpress)
2022-12-7
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

If  this is what you ordered then this is no different then what you already have. Same  Same. This is not a more improved version with thicker padding.

Going to be a while before we see a fix I think. DJI should recall the flat faced faceplates and give customers with noses proper ones. This is rediculous. My nose is not that big... it's average / not a beaker. I tried using gorilla tape to modify a bit but actually made it worse... seems like a small but annoying issue. Needs a new design ASAP.

These goggles were designed by Chinese designers with small noses...
2022-12-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Going to be a while before we see a fix I think. DJI should recall the flat faced faceplates and give customers with noses proper ones. This is rediculous. My nose is not that big... it's average / not a beaker. I tried using gorilla tape to modify a bit but actually made it worse... seems like a small but annoying issue. Needs a new design ASAP.

These goggles were designed by Chinese designers with small noses...
2022-12-9
Use props
DDrawer
lvl.1
United States

Got my aliexpress foam in. It doesn't help much. It's a softer material so it feels a little more comfortable, but its about the same shape. I found part of my problem is that I guess I have a skinny face because if I wedge some velcro loops into the side to squeeze in the foam a bit, it seems to help a little more. Also one thing to note about the Aliexpress foam is that the lense covers will no longer snap over the lenses properly with that foam installed. I taped some velcro pads to the lense cover so that it would kind of still cover them though.

2022-12-14
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

My alie version came with it's own lens cover!

i am going to test them this weekend (i hope)
2022-12-15
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

About the foam, got my yesterday, not a big help, still the nose problem, light coming in and fogging, if you need use the corrective lens attached to dioptrics you will NOT BE ABLE to use it, unless you make the holes bigger with  a scissors. They are actually a bit smaller to fit the Goggles 2, exactly the same from above pic.  
2022-12-15
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Ok, installed mine this weekend.

The goggles feel a bit more comfortable on my face, using this.
I did not have any light leak with the original, so also not with the foam.

I feel it is a BIT more comfortable on my nose, but again: it wasn't that bad on the original for me.

I like the new foam.
And as said before: mine came with the lens cover

btw, also installed a skin on my goggles2 (got some of the wrinkles out later)

skin:

the goggles seem to be sitting SLIGHTLY further from my face, but not much.
2022-12-18
Use props
Scubab
lvl.1

Germany

Find this but only abaliable in China actualBest regards

2022-12-31
Use props
DriftaholiC
lvl.1
United States

Eh, it's a trade off between vignetting and comfort. If my nose wasn't in the way I could position the goggles low enough to have no vignetting. Tried the AliExpress foam and Pyro drone foam, while they increase the comfort a bit the vignetting gets worse. Even if I take the foam off and rest the goggles directly on my face it's still hard to see through with no vignetting. Optics need a larger sweet spot and googles need more nose clearance. I'm unfortunately returning even though I want to love these for their form factor and oleds.
2023-1-19
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

That very frustrating....
2023-1-21
Use props
Robino
lvl.3

Slovakia

Hi, have somebody tried this? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... n.49.21ef1802FvWDHE
Snímka obrazovky 2023-01-29 o 13.50.09.png
Snímka obrazovky 2023-01-29 o 13.51.45.png
2023-1-29
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Robino Posted at 1-29 04:49
Hi, have somebody tried this? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... n.49.21ef1802FvWDHE

I ordered it 10 days ago, but because of Chinese New Year, it hasn't shipped yet.
2023-1-29
Use props
quicostogmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39344 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Home version for 5 euros. It works very well. It is a weather stripping for windows that can be purchased at any DIY store
IMG_20230204_193512.jpg
IMG_20230204_193551.jpg
2023-2-4
Use props
quicostogmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

2023-2-4
Use props
quicostogmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

2023-2-4
Use props
quicostogmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

I
2023-2-4
Use props
JasonCole
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1278360 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Vagoulas Posted at 2022-10-27 05:27
For me now is 100%ok i can see everything,it's not painful, and no light leaking! I have change 3 foam and i found the best for my face!Now I'm very happy!

So just to clarify, you did not buy this foma like this, you cut it out yourself?

It does look very comfy indeed!
2023-3-1
Use props
djiuser_kemAnw7bxrpM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193881 ft
Poland

I've tried different ones. Iflight, despite the fact that the execution is average, works best
2023-3-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Plastic surgey
2023-3-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules