Home security drone
2692 35 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

I think DJI should consider making home security drones, the drone should include features such as motion sensor take off, geofencing, GPS lock to hover, LiDAR, night vision camera etc, return to home feature and the list continues but the drone should be paired with a base station so it could return to home and charge. A drone like what Sunflower Labs (BeeHive) made but only better and cheaper.
2022-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be interesting for sure!
2022-9-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will be interesting to see if DJI is up for the challenge of manufacturing a home security drone.  
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great idea.  
2022-9-6
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

Would they ever make it a possibility
2022-9-6
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 01:41
Will be interesting to see if DJI is up for the challenge of manufacturing a home security drone.

I don’t think they are thinking like we do, hope they get the message.
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-6 02:33
Would they ever make it a possibility

If they thought they would sell enough of them and that the regulations would allow it.
2022-9-6
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

I think so too just take a look at Sunflower Labs (Beehive) it’s a wonderful innovation but it’s too expensive and it isn’t quite there yet but DJI could make it better and cheaper because they already have everything they need.
2022-9-6
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 02:50
If they thought they would sell enough of them and that the regulations would allow it.

I think so too just take a look at Sunflower Labs (Beehive) it’s a wonderful innovation but it’s too expensive and it isn’t quite there yet but DJI could make it better and cheaper because they already have everything they need.
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-6 03:19

But how do you get around the not having a physical pilot in charge.
2022-9-6
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 03:40

Motion sensors autonomous system
2022-9-6
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 03:40

Rapid deployment
After the base station opens, the drone should be able take off in less than 8 seconds. Proactively respond to activity on any part of a  property in couple seconds

Autonomous navigation
Just push a button, and the drone should be able do the rest: plan a path, perform a sweep, and land safely back in the base station. No manual drone operation required.

Property map + Geofencing
3D property mapping and geofencing, the drone navigates and stays within your property.

Real-time obstacle avoidance
The drone should be able to detect unexpected obstacles and re-routes to avoid collision and improve future flight paths.

Object tracking & identification
Get clear visual confirmation through a high quality live video stream, even in low light conditions.

Proactive deterrence
Actively deter intruders and loiterers with an immediate drone presence.

Works in 99% of weather conditions
Whether it’s sun, snow, wind, or everything in between, the home drone security system should be able operate in almost all weather conditions. The drone should include a weather monitoring software algorithm or something to check the weather.

Reliable landing
The drone should be able to return to home (base station) to charge automatically it also should be able to land in high winds

Rapid charging
Once the drone lands in the base station, charging is automatic and rapid. Incremental charges are done in minutes, and a fully depleted battery should be able to charge in minutes.

The Base Station
The base station should not only houses and charges the drone— it can be used as the brain of the entire system, processing and analyzing sensor data using DJI AI algorithm.
2022-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-6 02:34
I don’t think they are thinking like we do, hope they get the message.

It's all about the corporation's bottom line.  Guess only time will tell if they think it is a profitable venture.  
2022-9-6
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 09:15
It's all about the corporation's bottom line.  Guess only time will tell if they think it is a profitable venture.

That’s true it’s all about the bag.
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-6 03:48
Motion sensors autonomous system

But the current rules would require the entire property to be netted off so the drone couldn't leave the area if something went wrong.
2022-9-7
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-7 01:01
But the current rules would require the entire property to be netted off so the drone couldn't leave the area if something went wrong.

That’s where geofencing comes in the app will alone to create a geofence around your property so the drone will not leave your property and the camera will always point inwards to your property not your neighbors
2022-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-7 08:26
That’s where geofencing comes in the app will alone to create a geofence around your property so the drone will not leave your property and the camera will always point inwards to your property not your neighbors

Under our rules though if something went wrong with the drone it would need to be physically stopped,  you can't rely on software.
2022-9-8
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

Well u know DJI they always av a something up there sleeve
2022-9-8
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

Everytime the drone is launch you’ll get a live feed of the video you’ll be able to have manual control over the drone Incase but the drone should be able to do autonomous flying.
2022-9-8
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 00:42
Under our rules though if something went wrong with the drone it would need to be physically stopped,  you can't rely on software.

Everytime the drone is launch you’ll get a live feed of the video you’ll be able to have manual control over the drone Incase but the drone should be able to do autonomous flying.
2022-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-8 08:16

So how do they persuade the various governments and regulatory bodies around the world to change the rules/laws.  
2022-9-8
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 08:32
So how do they persuade the various governments and regulatory bodies around the world to change the rules/laws.

Remember it’s not illegal to fly drone over your own property and as a bonus with geofencing and manual control the drone will never leave your property and also the camera ply turn toward your property only viewing and monitoring your property l.
2022-9-8
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 08:32

Check out this one but I think DJI would make it better https://youtube.com/channel/UCtx3HghhZWC9I0mdyVw33ZA
2022-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-8 08:35
Remember it’s not illegal to fly drone over your own property and as a bonus with geofencing and manual control the drone will never leave your property and also the camera ply turn toward your property only viewing and monitoring your property l.

Youre correct,  but during the flight I have to maintain VLOS at all times which would exclude autonomous flights without my presence.
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-8 08:37
Check out this one but I think DJI would make it better https://youtube.com/channel/UCtx3HghhZWC9I0mdyVw33ZA

wow check out the price of that thing and they still charge by the hour too.
2022-9-9
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 00:56
wow check out the price of that thing and they still charge by the hour too.

Exactly I feel DJI will be cheaper and better.
2022-9-9
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 00:53
Youre correct,  but during the flight I have to maintain VLOS at all times which would exclude autonomous flights without my presence.

It’s in your presence if it securing your property and you getting a live feed of it.
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-9 02:17
It’s in your presence if it securing your property and you getting a live feed of it.

That wouldn't count here,  in fact I just read a review of it where they state to use it you have to get waivers from the FAA.
2022-9-9
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 02:35
That wouldn't count here,  in fact I just read a review of it where they state to use it you have to get waivers from the FAA.

Well every country to its own law but come on I mean it will be a good product.
2022-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_Anthony876_ Posted at 9-9 03:43
Well every country to its own law but come on I mean it will be a good product.

Its a damn good idea for sure.  
2022-9-9
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

We’ll see if DJI makes one or something
2022-9-9
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

We’ll see if DJI makes one or something
2022-9-9
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 03:49
Its a damn good idea for sure.

Yes yes hope DJI listening
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_5sdtm958Mti2
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Well as intriguing as it sounds, I have a difference in opinion here. Because if I were DJI I wouldn't manufacture these. Because there are better home security systems which are cheaper and more efficient. Home owners wouldn't necessarily go for drones for home security. It's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
2022-9-19
Use props
_Anthony876_
lvl.2

Jamaica

djiuser_5sdtm958Mti2 Posted at 9-19 00:16
Well as intriguing as it sounds, I have a difference in opinion here. Because if I were DJI I wouldn't manufacture these. Because there are better home security systems which are cheaper and more efficient. Home owners wouldn't necessarily go for drones for home security. It's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I understand what your saying but wilder it be great to have something that can cover every inch of your house plus no thief/Burglary would want a drone following them around that’s jus my opinion
2022-9-21
Use props
ameliawilson
New

Pakistan

The home security drone will be a very interesting and advanced technology we can also do remote site monitoring with it. Waiting curiously for this.

2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules