12Next >
10231 63 2022-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flymore91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531483 ft

United States

Hi i got my Avata on the 3rd. Have done 4 flights with it totaling less then 30mins. on the last flight everything went fine and i landed the drone and now its telling me "esc error" and to restart the drone. So ive restarted it 20+ times. tried to go thru every menu option to do anything to help it. Turned the props by hand with no issues found. Not sure what happened but im upset because its basicly a brick. There is no manual that tells you what to do or what you can do. The only thing i can find is to open a repair request and send the drone in for repair. But does it even need repaired? Again the drone was not crash or hard landed and im getting this error. I cant find any info online besides for other drones that its a motor issue. I'll take any help at this point. im about ready to send it back to amazon as this should not happen 30mins into using a product.

2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Flymore91. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-4
Use props
Flymore91
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-4 20:22
Hello there Flymore91. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Ty i will contact in the morning during normal hours unless someone is available now? It shows hours from 7am-5pm
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Flymore91 Posted at 9-4 20:24
Ty i will contact in the morning during normal hours unless someone is available now? It shows hours from 7am-5pm

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you tried refreshing firmware? If it can not resolve your issue either, you can contact Amazon or our support to create a case and send it back.
You may submit an online repair request here as well: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-9-4
Use props
Flymore91
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-4 23:40
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you tried refreshing firmware? If it can not resolve your issue either, you can contact Amazon or our support to create a case and send it back.
You may submit an online repair request here as well: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

How do you refresh the firmware.
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flymore91 Posted at 9-5 04:41
How do you refresh the firmware.

Using a computer and the Assistant 2 Consumer software.

How can I update the firmware of DJI Avata?
Method 1: Using DJI Fly
Power on the aircraft, goggles, and remote control device. Make sure that all the devices are linked. Connect the USB-C port of the goggles to your smartphone, run the DJI Fly app, and follow the prompts to update. An internet connection is required.

Method 2: Using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
Power on the device and connect it to a computer with a USB-C cable.
Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and log in with a DJI account.
Select the device and click "Firmware Update" on the left side of the screen.
Select and confirm the firmware version.
The firmware will be downloaded and updated automatically.
The device will restart automatically after the firmware update is complete.

* For details, refer to the user manual or tutorial video.
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_lEMVPRGMZivm
New

United Kingdom

All i did was do the firmware update and i got the same fault, didn’t even get chance to turn the props…….sent it back
2022-9-6
Use props
Flymore91
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_lEMVPRGMZivm Posted at 9-6 10:15
All i did was do the firmware update and i got the same fault, didn’t even get chance to turn the props…….sent it back

After contacting dji support they also wanted me to send my drone back and are shipping me a new one for free upon reviewing my drone
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Flymore91 Posted at 9-6 10:36
After contacting dji support they also wanted me to send my drone back and are shipping me a new one for free upon reviewing my drone

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. You may refresh the firmware on the PC via DJI Assistant 2. Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/products/avata
If you have sent it back, you may tell us your case number and we will try our best to help you if you have any questions. Thanks.
2022-9-8
Use props
manoteno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1884967 ft
Brazil

Same here. Only two flights and ESC Error.
2022-9-26
Use props
Flymore91
lvl.1

United States

manoteno Posted at 9-26 17:25
Same here. Only two flights and ESC Error.

Just contact dji, and ship it back. They were super helpful for mine. They can see instantly if its a manufacturer defect. They will send you a free shipping label via ups
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

manoteno Posted at 9-26 17:25
Same here. Only two flights and ESC Error.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. You may try to refresh the firmware on the PC via DJI Assistant 2. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/products/avata
2022-9-26
Use props
manoteno
lvl.2
Brazil

I updated the firmware to the latest version and it still has the same error. Don't you have a way to do a remote assistance? If I ship the Avata to China again, it will take about 60 days for it to get back to me. I am very sad.
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

manoteno Posted at 9-26 18:17
I updated the firmware to the latest version and it still has the same error. Don't you have a way to do a remote assistance? If I ship the Avata to China again, it will take about 60 days for it to get back to me. I am very sad.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. May we know if your issue has been addressed or not? If not, you may provide us with a related screenshot for our further checks. Thank you.
2022-9-28
Use props
fans63ffec22
lvl.2
Brazil

The error keeps happening. I've updated the firmware several times and restarted AVATA many times as well. The error appeared after two small flights inside the house just to test the drone that arrived at my house at night. It didn't crash or anything that could damage the aircraft. On both flights I turned off the engines by holding the AVATA from above and turning it rapidly. The third time I went to fly the drone, the ESC error appeared.

2022-9-29
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also am on this wagon... I didn't get an ESC error but I did notice a different "sound/frequency" coming from one; sent it back and they are sending me a new one. (should arrive tomorrow)
2022-9-29
Use props
fans597c4448
lvl.1
Flight distance : 586319 ft
Brazil

I’m very  sad about it! I’ve wait 43 days to bring it from china and fly just 3 times, it arrives to me 4 days ago. I put the drone on the manual mode (before u ask, i know the mode and pratice long time on simulator), so, i put on manual mode to try it and it flip on ground before take off, like a “turtle mode” move. After that, it shows ESC ERROR and nothing work before… No crash, no damage, just this crazy flip and the error after.
2022-10-28
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Any explanation what is ESC Error?
2022-10-28
Use props
AL LV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2442677 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I had esc error when to tight tighten motor screws. A bit untighten and no error.
2022-10-28
Use props
fans8b69c573
lvl.2
Brazil

AL LV Posted at 10-28 13:15
I had esc error when to tight tighten motor screws. A bit untighten and no error.

You gave me hope. I removed the propeller and the error disappeared. I replaced the propeller and the error returned. So I took out the propeller one more time and now the error continues anyway. I've restarted AVATA in several ways and the error persists. I've already loosened the engine screws, the propellers and the error continues.
2022-10-28
Use props
AL LV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2442677 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

fans8b69c573 Posted at 10-28 19:08
You gave me hope. I removed the propeller and the error disappeared. I replaced the propeller and the error returned. So I took out the propeller one more time and now the error continues anyway. I've restarted AVATA in several ways and the error persists. I've already loosened the engine screws, the propellers and the error continues.

In my situation i see that 2 esc works and 2 not and it gives me esc error. So that mootors which is everything ok, when tur on avata can see that they a bit turn. That one where is esc problem they just not moving. So i untight a bit 3 motor screws for that 2 motors which not moving and turn again and esc error go away.
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_yPNeKzZZerfI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49465 ft
Romania

After 2 month of sport mode flying with the motion controller, I started manual mode a few days ago. This morning, flying high in manual, pressing the break button 100-200m high, the avata did not stabilize and  started to spiral down, fighting to find equilibrium. I found it on on the ground, in high grass. The drone looks fine and turning the propellers manually seems ok. But I got now the ESC error and the drone does not start the engines anymore.
Firmware update does not change anything.
So yes, I am also on that wagon.
I did send it back to the service center, let see what they have to say. I will keep you posted.
2022-11-9
Use props
Lucas Tran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1130148 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

Soneone think manufacturing defect could fix by refresh firmware, lol, that make me laught all day, my Avata meet ESC Error (and please open Status Tab on Goggles read all error) and I can fix it myself.
Oh, if there are some Official DJI Store at your place with refresh services, please skip this video:
2022-11-9
Use props
djiuser_Kin2B3dvpzcv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559570 ft
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-4 20:22

Help tbm estou com o msm problema atualizei pelo assistente sem sucesso !
IMG_20221117_203152.jpg
2022-11-17
Use props
djiuser_yPNeKzZZerfI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49465 ft
Romania

Linked to my post a bit above, here is a quick video of the crash. High above ground, switching from manual to normal by pressing the break button, the avata was not able stabilize and spiraled down to the ground. Enable to start with an ESC error.
DJI Germany received my drone for investigation, still waiting for their answer.

2022-11-22
Use props
icarogama
lvl.1

Brazil

Tive o mesmo problema, eu coloquei protetores de motor e depois disso ele apresentou esse erro.
Cogitei a possibilidade dos motores estarem presos. folguei os protetores e funcionou, mas isso parecia muito perigoso, então pensei em qual seria o real problema. Ao que tudo indica os protetores de motor travam os motores e os impedem de girar. Aparentemente, olhando assim no cru, os protetores não estavam travando os motores, tentei colocar os protetores no lugar de tudo que é modo e não consegui fazer funcionar. A solução foi retirar os protetores, voltar a configuração original, e tudo voltou a funcionar.
Quando o drone não vai funcionar logo de primeira, ele não dá aquele pequeno giro nas hélices nem faz o som padrão da DJI ao ligar o drone. Se ele estiver travado, ele não fará barulho algum. Resumindo, tirei os protetores e voltou a funcionar.

I had the same problem, I put engine protectors on and after that it got this error.
I considered the possibility that the engines were stuck. I loosened the pads and it worked, but that seemed too dangerous, so I thought about what the real problem was. Apparently, the motor protectors block the motors and prevent them from turning. Apparently the protectors weren't blocking the motors, I tried to put everything in place and I couldn't make it work. The solution was to remove the protectors, return to the original configuration, and everything worked again.
When the drone isn't going to start right away, it doesn't give that little spin on the propellers or make the standard DJI sound when turning on the drone. If it's locked, it won't make any noise. In short, I took the protectors off and it started working again.
2022-11-24
Use props
fanscf3ddd1f
New
Flight distance : 230449 ft
United States

Avata has the ESC error after just its 2nd flight, replaced two propellers and that didn’t solve anything, I heard it might be the screws too tight? All the software is up to date, need help
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_pW1wjfDKJIgS
New

Ireland

I'm on ESC error train too.we have our AVATA very short time flown only for 27 min mainly indoors just getting used to it.
So our problem occured very strange - me and my son we flown drone night before indoors,all good no crashes, packed it up , charged batteries and in a morning we decided to get out drone for a nice flight.And boom ESC error out of blues -shock for me and for him.
First thing what I have done checked for updates,it was up to date,but still done it again.It didn't help.
What is the next step???
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_6GmQ385VWHCc
New

United States

fans63ffec22 Posted at 2022-9-29 08:56
The error keeps happening. I've updated the firmware several times and restarted AVATA many times as well. The error appeared after two small flights inside the house just to test the drone that arrived at my house at night. It didn't crash or anything that could damage the aircraft. On both flights I turned off the engines by holding the AVATA from above and turning it rapidly. The third time I went to fly the drone, the ESC error appeared.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeRi4iHLLV0

Did you resolve the issue. I have the same. This is my second Avata. First one did the same thing.. Sent it back... Got another one....5 fights no crashes and same thing!!!
2023-1-20
Use props
djiuser_6GmQ385VWHCc
New

United States

fans63ffec22 Posted at 2022-9-29 08:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeRi4iHLLV0

Did you resolve the issue. I have the same. This is my second Avata. First one did the same thing.. Sent it back... Got another one....5 fights no crashes and same thing!!!
2023-1-20
Use props
rubicon.fpv
lvl.1

United States

I just experienced this today.  The flight was good until the drone made a downward turn on it's own causing it to crash. when I picked up the drone and turned it back on, I noticed two errors, first one is the ESC Error second is  Propulsion Error.  when I got home, I removed all propellers and reinstalled them, I made sure that the screws were tight , I turned it back on and it was gone. I tested inside the house and it works. I will re-test in an open field tomorrow to see if it comes back.
2023-1-20
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Too many things going wrong with this drone....
2023-1-21
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194324 ft

Vietnam

Hi all  I have  the  some problem ,drone stop to working at 1mt hight  and fell . I  bring to  the  shop they open a case with avata , is this problem covered from garacy ?
2023-2-28
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2

Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-9-26 17:32
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. You may try to refresh the firmware on the PC via DJI Assistant 2. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/products/avata

I done already  but  does not  work ,i bring to  shop they open a case  with Dji , is  this problem  cover  from garancy ?
2023-2-28
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

KnNLmS Posted at 2022-10-28 12:44
Any explanation what is ESC Error?

Esc error is the an error of the controller of one of the motors. There are 4 Esc. If any of them is faulty, the gyro compensation with fail and the drone will flip...

So the Esc is vital part of the drone....If a motor blocks it may be seen as an ESC error.
Adding "protection" on the motor is a poor idea as it prevents natural cooling, which may cause over heating and... Esc error.

2023-2-28
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2

Vietnam

freedom2000 Posted at 2-28 10:42
Esc error is the an error of the controller of one of the motors. There are 4 Esc. If any of them is faulty, the gyro compensation with fail and the drone will flip...

So the Esc is vital part of the drone....If a motor blocks it may be seen as an ESC error.

hi ,  my drone  got it  doring  a flight , it  fell from 1  mt  only ,  is  it cover  from garancy  or i  have to pay ,  in case  wich part  have to be  change ?
2023-3-2
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

IMHO it should be covered by the waranty?

DJI will confirm!
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tenor sax Posted at 2-28 09:31
Hi all  I have  the  some problem ,drone stop to working at 1mt hight  and fell . I  bring to  the  shop they open a case with avata , is this problem covered from garacy ?

Hi there. We're sorry to hear about the accident. Please note that warranty service will be applied depending on the damage assessment result and the warranty status of the drone. We recommend you request a Data Analysis so our designated team may analyze the cause of the crash which resulted in an ESC error. It will be reviewed through the flight records. We hope this clarifies your concern. Have a nice day.
2023-3-2
Use props
Tenor sax
lvl.2

Vietnam

DJI Tony Posted at 3-2 23:06
Hi there. We're sorry to hear about the accident. Please note that warranty service will be applied depending on the damage assessment result and the warranty status of the drone. We recommend you request a Data Analysis so our designated team may analyze the cause of the crash which resulted in an ESC error. It will be reviewed through the flight records. We hope this clarifies your concern. Have a nice day.

Nearly a  month and Dji does not replay  yet ,  case 11986341  boz6y0   Or "O"
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tenor sax Posted at 3-11 00:08
Nearly a  month and Dji does not replay  yet ,  case 11986341  boz6y0   Or "O"

Hi Tenor sax, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We will confirm this with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
2023-3-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules