If I Use The DJI Controller, Can I Invert The Sticks?
6786 21 2022-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tanner_mcqueen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36729 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried the last DJI FPV but there was no option to customize the sticks. I learned to fly on an inverted right stick mode. (I pull down on the right stick to tip the nose forward/down. And I push up on the right stick to bring the nose up) I dont want to re learn thousands of hours of flying haha
Does anyone know if we can invert or customize the sticks if we decide to use the controller instead of a motion controller? Thanks!

2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tanner_mcqueen. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For reference, I will post on different modes on how to control your DJI Avata. Three preprogrammed modes ( Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3 ) are available and custom modes can be configured in the DJI Fly application. Just a reminder that the default mode is Mode 2. Thank you.

2022-9-5
Use props
TNRMQN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-5 00:34
Hello there tanner_mcqueen. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For reference, I will post on different modes on how to control your DJI Avata. Three preprogrammed modes ( Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3 ) are available and custom modes can be configured in the DJI Fly application. Just a reminder that the default mode is Mode 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

It would be great to have an update with a simple software fix that allows you to invert sticks. This is common on most all FPV drones or Cine Style drones. Some users learned to fly different ways and with different setups. Without being able to have the option to customize controls, some users can not fly at all as they would not be able to operate the drone safely without learning a brand new control layout and learning new muscle memory.
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

TNRMQN Posted at 9-6 08:52
It would be great to have an update with a simple software fix that allows you to invert sticks. This is common on most all FPV drones or Cine Style drones. Some users learned to fly different ways and with different setups. Without being able to have the option to customize controls, some users can not fly at all as they would not be able to operate the drone safely without learning a brand new control layout and learning new muscle memory.

Hi there TNRMQN. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-9-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TNRMQN Posted at 9-6 08:52
It would be great to have an update with a simple software fix that allows you to invert sticks. This is common on most all FPV drones or Cine Style drones. Some users learned to fly different ways and with different setups. Without being able to have the option to customize controls, some users can not fly at all as they would not be able to operate the drone safely without learning a brand new control layout and learning new muscle memory.

Sorry but Mode 2 is the most common method of flying FPV in general = Right stick forward = Nose down or forward. Right stick back = Nose up or backward. The fact that you use right stick as - Right stick back = Nose down etc is NOT the most common on almost all FPV drones. Yes ask for a possible update from the devs at DJI, but please don't state incorrect details. I'm 6yrs in and have flown with other people for this time and over and I can tell everyone on here 100% that Mode 2 is the preferred method to most pilots.
2022-9-11
Use props
TNRMQN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 9-11 04:40
Sorry but Mode 2 is the most common method of flying FPV in general = Right stick forward = Nose down or forward. Right stick back = Nose up or backward. The fact that you use right stick as - Right stick back = Nose down etc is NOT the most common on almost all FPV drones. Yes ask for a possible update from the devs at DJI, but please don't state incorrect details. I'm 6yrs in and have flown with other people for this time and over and I can tell everyone on here 100% that Mode 2 is the preferred method to most pilots.

Hi! I never said it was the most common. I was stating that on many FPV drones, users have the OPTION to customize the sticks. Nor did I state anywhere that having inverted controls was most preferred by FPV users. That is what I was requesting a possible update for, for those of us that fly with different setups or needs.
2022-9-11
Use props
youngiso
New

Germany

Crazy that you can’t invert the sticks. Seems to be so easy via software  and also available in all other DJI drones so far. Please make it possible
2022-9-12
Use props
LumpyRS329
lvl.1

United States

I use mode 2 but can I switch/invert the left stick to be pull back to go up and push forward to go down?
2022-9-12
Use props
TNRMQN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

youngiso Posted at 9-12 09:45
Crazy that you can’t invert the sticks. Seems to be so easy via software  and also available in all other DJI drones so far. Please make it possible

Yep! That is what I am hoping they add. There is a mod where we can invert the magnet in the controller and essentially do this, but a software update would be much easier. Seems pretty simple to add.
2022-9-12
Use props
fans61ca9f95
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-5 00:34
Hello there tanner_mcqueen. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For reference, I will post on different modes on how to control your DJI Avata. Three preprogrammed modes ( Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3 ) are available and custom modes can be configured in the DJI Fly application. Just a reminder that the default mode is Mode 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello, is there a way for me to invert the right joystick With the custom mode in the DJI Fly app? I have the Avata and I cant seem to find where to invert it as Tanner_mcqueen is asking.
2022-12-7
Use props
yensysl1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491699 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans61ca9f95 Posted at 2022-12-7 21:24
Hello, is there a way for me to invert the right joystick With the custom mode in the DJI Fly app? I have the Avata and I cant seem to find where to invert it as Tanner_mcqueen is asking.

Been checking back for that update everyday.  Burning up the simulator and still big trouble trying to relearn. Man im 46yr old.. been flying. Model aircraft  . Gaming...etc all with inverted controls... not gonna relearn it anytime soon... by time i do they will likely bring out the udate lol
2023-1-7
Use props
yensysl1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491699 ft
  • >>>
United States

TNRMQN Posted at 2022-9-12 15:25
Yep! That is what I am hoping they add. There is a mod where we can invert the magnet in the controller and essentially do this, but a software update would be much easier. Seems pretty simple to add.

Hey what mod is that? Very interested
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_NMAVTdVJWjkU
New

Canada

This is crazy to me that you can't choose your own style. The DRL Drone racing league simulator on PS5 I fly left stick forward backward. This is weird to me but can still manage in simulator. I fly with no assists on that DRL but wouldn't dare try it on this DJI fpv.
2023-3-9
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

t would be great to have an update
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_yKeciM4sd7m8
lvl.1

United States

I really cant believe its been over 2 years and DJI has not come out with an update... i just received my drone after 50hrs of simulator practice. 1 week before my flight to Thailand.. and find out I cant invert the controls.. Unreal..
2023-5-2
Use props
WaldoMontana
lvl.1
United States

I'm a pilot.  ATP and an instructor.  Planes don't fly with the stick control for climbing/desending the way the 2S is programed.  Yes, there is a setting to change the location assignments, but not separate the individual 'boxes' so as to reverse the stick (yoke) setting.  Any way to make this happen?
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

WaldoMontana Posted at 7-22 08:36
I'm a pilot.  ATP and an instructor.  Planes don't fly with the stick control for climbing/desending the way the 2S is programed.  Yes, there is a setting to change the location assignments, but not separate the individual 'boxes' so as to reverse the stick (yoke) setting.  Any way to make this happen?

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-7-30
Use props
EDKY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39436 ft

Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-9-5 00:34
Hello there tanner_mcqueen. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For reference, I will post on different modes on how to control your DJI Avata. Three preprogrammed modes ( Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3 ) are available and custom modes can be configured in the DJI Fly application. Just a reminder that the default mode is Mode 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Can we have an explanation about why we cannot invert sticks ?
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

EDKY Posted at 9-4 12:45
Can we have an explanation about why we cannot invert sticks ?

Hi, there. We're sorry that the DJI Avata doesn't support custom stick mode due to hardware and software limitations. However, rest assured that we'll forward relevant feedback regarding this matter for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-18
Use props
djiuser_ymUxN7AxE60r
New

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-18 01:54
Hi, there. We're sorry that the DJI Avata doesn't support custom stick mode due to hardware and software limitations. However, rest assured that we'll forward relevant feedback regarding this matter for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.

This is simply not acceptable for a $2000 product, all we want is a checkbox with invert in the menu. The only other way to do this, is to rip the controller apart, which is next to impossible due to how its built, and physically flip the magnets, which causes a permanent controller error to display on the goggles.
1-16 18:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ymUxN7AxE60r Posted at 1-16 18:12
This is simply not acceptable for a $2000 product, all we want is a checkbox with invert in the menu. The only other way to do this, is to rip the controller apart, which is next to impossible due to how its built, and physically flip the magnets, which causes a permanent controller error to display on the goggles.

Hello, there. Thank you for expressing your feedback and we truly apologize to hear about the inconvenience. Rest assured that we will continuously communicate with our relevant team regarding this limitation with the feature.
1-18 03:15
Use props
EnjoyUrLifeTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122375 ft
Germany

So since 2019 people bring up the topic about inverting settings for the sticks or now me about the zooming in/out and gimbal up/down movement and DJI just doesn’t care. Incredible!
3-12 14:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules