Livestream a marathon @ 1080p for 4.5 hours (can it be done?)
744 4 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gus F
lvl.1

Jersey

Hi

As the subject states, I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to live stream a marathon I'm running for charity.
I understand the official guidance from DJI:

DJI Action 2 Camera Unit can power up to 70 minutes; when connected to a Power Module, the battery life can be extended up to 180 minutes while in use whether for live streaming or image stablilization

It will be in London in April so it won't be too hot and there will be plenty of airflow as I'll be running...

I also understand the power module is hot-swappable.

Has anybody attempted a live stream and swapped batteries?

The resolution doesn't need to be particularly high (in fact for data reasons, likely to be limited to 1080p and regular e.g. 30fps).

All advice gratefully received, if anybody has regularly live-streamed with the Action 2 for a long period, I'd love to know about it :-)

Thank you!

Gus
2022-9-5
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

You can just attach a power bank to the power module to extend the battery life.

I've had the Action 2 on for extended time (2+ hours) in webcam mode, but not while streaming.
2022-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-9-5
Use props
Gus F
lvl.1

Jersey

fish sticks Posted at 9-5 22:02
You can just attach a power bank to the power module to extend the battery life.

I've had the Action 2 on for extended time (2+ hours) in webcam mode, but not while streaming.

Thank you. I need external audio so I was going to use USB-C for that but maybe one of those dongles that lets me charge AND send external audio (there are some designed for that) might work. Bit of a risk, I don't to buy one and find it doesn't suit my purpose!
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_ykjjrBPBKjgP
New
Italy

In these days i'm doing some test on Action 2 livestream but i have a strange issue after 1 minutes of live the camera disconnect to rtmp server ... to restore the connection need to click and the camera re connect i don't understand if 1 minute is set in some part of parametr or is a bug in current firmware ? Other did different test ?
best
Roberto
2022-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules