permanently change RTH altitude
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cncjerry
lvl.1

United States

I had the RTH set to 20, I thought feet, using waypoints 2.0.  For some reason, at the end of the route, it went to 20m, so I guess it was in meters though I could have sworn it showed feet.
Then immediately after that run, I was running waypoints again, it took off and according to the log, it lost the downlink and decided to go to 76m (249ft).   It restored the downlink after 34 seconds, a few of the most heart raising seconds in my life... I thought it was gone as I was flying on a little knoll that was 300ft ASL near the water and it was going up and up and up...  I kept pulling the stick down so hard it gave me a stick error.  It did come down, rotated and landed perfectedly so it must have been ignoring my stick.

I have no idea why it lost the downlink, it makes no sense as I've flown in that area a lot.  Setting that aside, is it possible to set the RTH altitude permanently to something other than 76m?

thanks

Jerry
2022-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi, you might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active.

https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-9-5
Use props
cncjerry
lvl.1

United States

I see your point but cant find a way to post there.... it just seems like announcements and tutorials.
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know which DJI Product you are using and what is the current firmware version of the aircraft?
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules