Can you use 4 DJI MIC's at once?
822 3 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YesNoMaybe
New
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will have four people on camera. If I get 2 sets of the DJI Mic, can I record all 4 mics into 2 receivers? Or will there be interference?
2022-9-5
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

There should be no intrinsic interference. I use two sets with the receivers plugged into an audio recorder and then out to a camera. Each receiver pairs only to the two transmitters with which it shared it's charging case. However, if you're recording a scenario where people will be walking around and particularly turning their backs to the receivers, the range may not be anything like the claim. I've been caught out and now always activate each transmitter's on-board record function as insurance.
2022-9-5
Use props
YesNoMaybe
New
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TooDeep Posted at 9-5 14:44
There should be no intrinsic interference. I use two sets with the receivers plugged into an audio recorder and then out to a camera. Each receiver pairs only to the two transmitters with which it shared it's charging case. However, if you're recording a scenario where people will be walking around and particularly turning their backs to the receivers, the range may not be anything like the claim. I've been caught out and now always activate each transmitter's on-board record function as insurance.

Thank you.

I had the rode wireless go ii but the issue I had was on a few occasions, even the onboard recording had interference noises. I am hoping the DJI does not.

Even my sennheiser AVX cut out when someone turns a corner, unfortunately, that doesn't have backup recording on baord so you're stuffed if it happens.

Now i just need to find lavs that plug into the DJI Mic as the ones from my avx have locking screws and won't fit in.
2022-9-5
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

YesNoMaybe Posted at 9-5 14:54
Thank you.

I had the rode wireless go ii but the issue I had was on a few occasions, even the onboard recording had interference noises. I am hoping the DJI does not.

I'm guessing you're asking whether one set picks up interference from the other. I've never experienced that but I imagine they may prove to be just as susceptible to extraneous interference as any other.

I've noticed Shure MVLs frequently crop up as satisfactory lavs for DJI mic. I went with AGPTEK Chinese lavs from Amazon at one third of the price but I'm a hobbyist whose 'clients' (essentially my family) are easily satisfied and already expensive enough to maintain.
2022-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules