6443 10 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I am the (proud?) owner of the Avata. first thing I did give it a short indoor flight with the motion controller, very cool but kind of limited in it's function, Tonight I decided to bind the fpv controller 2 so I would regain functionality, I had a little bit of trouble but finally got it going. however, once that got done I suddenly have this red banner saying that the goggles require an IMU calibration, so I follow the instructions and it gets to step 2 and fails. 4 times already. Now it seems that the goggles  (according to the graphic have to move trom sitting on the nose (on a flat surface as per instructions) to another position I cannot really make out)I am not sure as the move happens really fast and the instructions do not specify to move them. Could someone shine a light on this issue for me? I think I can fly as is, but prefer not to and I need the goggles to be functional indoor as I have to do a one shot soon with some very expensive items which I prefer not to knock into.
2022-9-5
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

My goggles have asked twice to calibrate.
Look up, Look Down,
Look left 90deg
Look right 90deg
Seems to have worked ok for me
2022-9-6
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I also calibrated the glasses
2022-9-6
Use props
gokury
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1332 ft
Brazil

any update regarding compass calibration, i just purchased avata with googles 2 and i can't calibrate, changed location about 2km, refreshed the firmware with Dji assistant 2, still fail at step 2... look left 90 and right 90
2022-12-23
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday after changing from Air Unit O3 back to Avata I was asked for the first time to calibrate the Goggles for whatever reason.  You do need to follow the position showing in the goggles exactly as it is.

It is a pain because you do need look into the goggle to see the next position, you also need to hold the goggles in the asked position horizontally, due to the design you must hold with your hands on flat surface. Each step you will hear a beep, look into the goggle to see the next position...copy exactly the position showing in the image. I had it done with no problems at first time.
2022-12-23
Use props
gokury
lvl.1
Brazil

HDPS Posted at 12-23 09:01
Yesterday after changing from Air Unit O3 back to Avata I was asked for the first time to calibrate the Goggles for whatever reason.  You do need to follow the position showing in the goggles exactly as it is.

It is a pain because you do need look into the goggle to see the next position, you also need to hold the goggles in the asked position horizontally, due to the design you must hold with your hands on flat surface. Each step you will hear a beep, look into the goggle to see the next position...copy exactly the position showing in the image. I had it done with no problems at first time.

thanks for answering, i will try that!
2022-12-23
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

gokury Posted at 12-23 16:05
thanks for answering, i will try that!

de nada, Paulistano aqui
2022-12-23
Use props
gokury
lvl.1
Brazil

unfortunately I can't get past step 2, I've tried everything.. I've already spent two battery charges on the goggles just trying to get past step 2 of calibration, I hope it's just a temporary bug to be fixed in some firmware update... if If it were a manufacturing defect, it would fail directly in step 1, that's my hope, unfortunately I won't be able to try head tracking until then :d
2022-12-24
Use props
djiuser_JFHGfJAWR2wY
New

Italy

Hello everyone, do you know why when I try to arm my drone (Cinelog 35) the word "CALIB" appears
in the feed (DJI goggles 2) and the drone does not arm? I am convinced it is a goggles problem and not a drone because it happens to me with multiple drones. After turning on and off maybe 20 times yesterday finally the drone armed and I was able to fly. But today I had the same problem and even with the same procedure nothing happened, but a message on the feed said something like “calibrate goggles compass”. I can’t find on the goggles menu how to do it. Can somebody help me? Thank you all in
advance.
2023-7-30
Use props
djiuser_JFHGfJAWR2wY
New

Italy

Ross14 Posted at 2022-9-6 13:55
I also calibrated the glasses

Could you tell me how to calibrate them? I have fpv goggles 2
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_JFHGfJAWR2wY Posted at 7-30 02:59
Could you tell me how to calibrate them? I have fpv goggles 2

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry that you are having issues with your unit. If you are using the DJI Goggles 2, please go to Main Menu > Settings > Safety > IMU Calibration. After that, follow the prompts in the goggles and finish the six-step calibration respectively. Please be advised that the placement position in each step must be the same as that in the goggles. After each step is passed, the goggles will produce a “ding-dong” sound. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules