2807 13 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevejusto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

whats the benefit of installing a sd card in the goggles when i have one in the drone ? and when record is pressed do the goggles  and drone record the same footage at the same quality.
2022-9-5
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

Putting an SD card in your goggles records basically what you see through the goggles with the Hud ie, height, speed etc. And is at a reduced resolution of 1080p.

I personally use it as a safety thing, as in if I ever lose connection( which is likely in CE regions) I can play it back and have an idea where it might be if it crashes or doesn't rth.
2022-9-5
Use props
animale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1720039 ft
  • >>>
Greece

StuntJumper Ste Posted at 9-5 23:57
Putting an SD card in your goggles records basically what you see through the goggles with the Hud ie, height, speed etc. And is at a reduced resolution of 1080p.

I personally use it as a safety thing, as in if I ever lose connection( which is likely in CE regions) I can play it back and have an idea where it might be if it crashes or doesn't rth.

If I'm not wrong, you can see the last thing the goggles received before disconnection, even without an SD card. Go under Settings > Safety > Camera View Before Loss
2022-9-6
Use props
stevejusto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks for you answer, this is a good idea.
think i will do the same and format the card in the goggles  before each flight.
2022-9-6
Use props
fans07bc0ba6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1393255 ft
Australia

animale Posted at 9-6 00:29
If I'm not wrong, you can see the last thing the goggles received before disconnection, even without an SD card. Go under Settings > Safety > Camera View Before Loss

Do you know how to export this file from the cached storage. I didn't have a SD card in the goggles, but the crash footage is there... and it cuts out well before on the drone SD card. which leads me to believe it is a faulty drone.
2022-9-7
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just going to ask this question.  Thanks all.
2022-9-7
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

This caused me to look at the whole CE thing from a different perspective.

So, one might argue that the CE restrictions on transmission power and range actually increases the danger of a crash, and hence, increases the risk of injury to persons or property on the ground, compared to the much more reasonable FAA standards.

Just another hazard of living in an overly restrictive country, I guess...

;-)

TCS
2022-9-9
Use props
zvandorn13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166991 ft
United States

fans07bc0ba6 Posted at 9-7 15:44
Do you know how to export this file from the cached storage. I didn't have a SD card in the goggles, but the crash footage is there... and it cuts out well before on the drone SD card. which leads me to believe it is a faulty drone.

Did you every figure out how to get the footage from the cache on the goggles?
2022-10-7
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

zvandorn13 Posted at 10-7 16:54
Did you every figure out how to get the footage from the cache on the goggles?

I just take card out of goggles and put it into my computer or iPad etc
2022-10-7
Use props
fansf8cb6503
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1303533 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here, no SD card, tried different types, fully formatted, still no success. Reading up it's a common glitch, that can't be rectified without DJI offering a free product recall.
2023-1-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf8cb6503 Posted at 1-12 08:30
Same problem here, no SD card, tried different types, fully formatted, still no success. Reading up it's a common glitch, that can't be rectified without DJI offering a free product recall.

there's no reason to issue a recall as long as there is no safety issue.
2023-1-12
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6556680 ft
United States

stevejusto Posted at 2022-9-6 00:29
thanks for you answer, this is a good idea.
think i will do the same and format the card in the goggles  before each flight.

Just curious why would you reformat the sd card before each flight?  You ccan save a crap load of data on a small 128 GB sd card in the Goggles.
4-12 16:03
Use props
Mr. Mucus
lvl.2

United States

An SD in the goggles will record your flight with telemetry data.  You may not "need" it but it is nice to have, especially if you crash or lose the drone.
4-12 18:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ryan70 Posted at 4-12 16:03
Just curious why would you reformat the sd card before each flight?  You ccan save a crap load of data on a small 128 GB sd card in the Goggles.

Hello, Ryan. Thank you for reaching out. It is unnecessary to reformat your SD card each time before a flight, we suggest doing reformatting after you back up the files inside the card and if you need fresh storage before filming. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
4-12 22:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules