Odd issue with importing from the Cine
618 1 2022-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Einar Rafnsson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344974 ft
Iceland

I'm having an odd issue with importing large videos off my Mavic 3 Cine to my PC. I'm using the lightspeed data cable and have a 20gbit USB-C card in my PC. It starts out importing at 700 mb/s, but then after a minute or so it drops to about 25 mb/s, and pulses very regularly from there on out between 25 mb/s and 700 mb/s. The first few weeks of use this didn't happen and it managed a consistent import speed of about 700 mb/s. I regularly wipe the import drive, so I don't think it's an issue with space on that drive. I've tried my best trying to find a bottleneck in the PC but can't seem to locate it. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
2022-9-6
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Einar,

I do get about 700 megabytes (MB) per second transfer speed from the drone to my pcie 3.0 nvme SSD,
it might be you are transferring really large files onto your SSD, i.e. ProRes files, and your SSD (guess you are transferring onto an SSD) uses up all the fast cache and end up writing directly onto slow (NAND I think it's called) chips that could go as slow as 25MB / sec. You can try copying the file from your SSD onto your SSD (of the same size) and see if you notice speed degradation there also, if you do, most likely it's your SSD running out of cache when you are transferring files from your drone. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules