Mavic Pro to Mini 3 Pro upgrade worth it (video quality)?
9155 11 2022-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josecastello
lvl.1
Spain

I am pretty happy with my Mavic Pro 1st generation. But the size of the Mini 3 Pro sounds great... In terms of video quality is it worth the upgrade? Most of the comparision have have seen are with more recent drones.
A sample recently made with my Mavic Pro: https://youtu.be/y8fkSFJpKpc

Thank you.

2022-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Significant upgrade.  Higher resolution,higher frame rates, more efficient compression (h.265), 10 bit recording and a much much higher bit rate.
2022-9-6
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Night and day difference in quality between the two drones. There is no contest. I have owned both drones.
2022-9-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a Mavic Pro Platinum for a while, and now have the Mini3Pro ( as well as a Mavic2Zoom).  Take the plunge. You won't regret it
2022-9-6
Use props
sh0wtime_FPV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209547 ft
United Kingdom

I'm kinda interested in this too as an early adopter of the original Mavic Pro & a new owner of a Mini3P
got my mini last week, spent first evening doing updates etc, went away for weekend at a no flying venue & it's rained since ive been back  

can't wait to get out & try it..
2022-9-6
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

2022-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 9-6 11:09
https://youtu.be/W5SeJhvwWAQ

Excellent comparison video Alex.  
2022-9-6
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 12:44
Excellent comparison video Alex.

Thank You, but as I have sold my Mavic pro and mini 3 already it's in the past ;) - mini 3 is a great bird but I have m3 and it can't stand a chance
2022-9-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Coming from the Mavic Pro, I found the Mini 2 to be 'good' but not better.
Mainly because the Mini 2 has a very contrasty color profile (and you can't change it).
Now the Mini 3 has cinelike and that is a real gamechanger for me.
I loved that color profile on the Mavic Pro and love it on my Pocket 2 as it gives much better footage to work with.
So the Mini 3 will be better than Mini 2 and Mavic Pro and it is a definite update in the video department.
The big downsides compared to the Mavic Pro will be the lack of power of the Mini 3 and less stable connection. That is just my experience with the Mini 2 and Mini 3 will be a tad better, but nothing like a bigger drone.
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Jose. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate you for sharing the video link that you provided. It was indeed that the first Mavic Pro is a beast and it is shown on the link that you provided. However, the DJI Mini 3 Pro does have a more improved and updated feature that the Mavic Pro doesn't have, also the specification and appearance are more improved than the first DJI Mavic Pro. Also, hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Thank you for always choosing DJI! Have a nice day ahead.
2022-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 9-6 20:29
Thank You, but as I have sold my Mavic pro and mini 3 already it's in the past ;) - mini 3 is a great bird but I have m3 and it can't stand a chance

You're welcome.    So, did I read that right about the Mini 3 already being sold also?  If so, I guess you were making room for the incoming Avata in your fleet.
2022-9-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 9-6 06:44
Night and day difference in quality between the two drones. There is no contest. I have owned both drones.

I own both and quality/built wise, the original Mavic Pro is built like a Bull Dog. The Mini 3 Pro, not so much. Other than the toughness, Mini 3 has a better camera as others have mentioned
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules