M30T - High Resolution Grid Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XW8hrKSQkonM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1460925 ft
Canada

We are conducting some flight tests with our new M30T and the high-resolution grid function does not seem to be working properly. It seems like, at any angle, each photo taken in the high-resolution grid function seems to be shifted "up" and not representative of the true location.
I found in the M300 RTK known issues list that any high-resolution grid exceeding 50 degrees would result in a displacement error, but the error on the M30T seems to occur at any angle, the error seems to get more extreme the closer to Nadir the camera gets.

We find this especially frustrating as it's an advertised feature for the M300 & M30T that doesn't work and DJI would've had to have known when they released the M30T that this function doesn't work as it should. Our commercial workflow was designed around this function and now, our imaging operations have to be conducted manually, increasing client costs and flight difficulty to replicate a similar result.

Would be interested if anyone else has experienced this,

Thank you

2022-9-7
Use props
Nilich
lvl.2

United States

I found exactly the same problem when testing high resolution grid option on M30T. Have to fly manually for tall building fasade inspection.
2022-10-1
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

Ours a blurry mess when using the function, the centre shots are clear and sharp but the more it moves to the outer edges of the grid it becomes blurred in all the shots.
2022-10-2
Use props
Robbie gilmore
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hi there, do you know if this has been resolved? Thanks
2023-7-18
Use props
DroneM30T
lvl.1

United States

The high res grid function is awful and definitely not as advertised.  Try using it at -90 degree for roof inspections and it provides worthless pictures.  Not only does the high res grid not work properly but I just bought my m30t 3 months ago at 14K and the price has already dropped over 40 percent.....dji should credit recent purchasers.  
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules