Please sell us a DJI FPV remote controller 2!
3321 21 2022-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FuriousPugs
lvl.2
United States

I'm a professional who files Inspire 2, Mavic 3 Cine etc but also lots of FPV on TV shows and I would LOVE to get an Avata. That said, there is, of course, no way I'd be using the motion controller in a professional setting and there is currently no purchase option to get the DJI FPV remote controller 2 in a package, or even by itself.
What's the story DJI? I'm surprised you're not supporting the pro market on this one along with the beginner / hobby market
Cheers
Russell Spurlock
http://furiouspugs.com/#reel

2022-9-7
Use props
StuntJumper Ste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56949 ft
United Kingdom

Stock is limited, I got an email from DJI at the weekend about the Controller 2 being back in stock, ordered it and received it on Tuesday. I suggest signing up to the email me when in stock feature. Checked later in day and was out of stock again. I guess there are a lot of people wanting the controller 2, probably why it was shipped with the motion one.
2022-9-7
Use props
FuriousPugs
lvl.2
United States

Cheers... I'll do that, but I sure hope they offer a package that makes sense ... 3 batteries, the FPV remote, maybe choice of goggles
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Russell Spurlock. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. You may try to check our DJI Online store for the availability of the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 ( https://store.dji.com/no/product/dji-fpv-remote-controller-2 ). Thank you.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_XTrwNnlZ5Jts
New
Flight distance : 121109 ft
Italy

I’m waiting for the FPV controller 2 since two weeks, never back in the DJIstore, even on the fisical DJI store they don’t know nothing about availability.
Any news about waiting time?
2022-9-9
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

I don't think the Avata is targeted to the Pro market. The best I can figure out is that the primary markets for the Avata are existing DJI FPV pilots (like me), and brand-new FPV pilots, who will find the MC easier to use. I'm still training myself to get proficient in Manual mode on my FPV, but I'll happily go terrorize the rocks on the other side of my canyon in Sport mode all day!

I think there's a class, or at least a potential class, of FPV users who will happily stick with the MC in Sport mode as their Final Solution.

So, if you're not in the targeted market...you're not!

Still, I've seen used and re-furbed RC-2s available pretty reliably. I have a bias in favor of "new", as you may as well, but that would solve the problem of getting the stick/Manual mode controller for the Avata.

YMMV!

:-)

TCS
2022-9-9
Use props
FuriousPugs
lvl.2
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 9-9 05:35
I don't think the Avata is targeted to the Pro market. The best I can figure out is that the primary markets for the Avata are existing DJI FPV pilots (like me), and brand-new FPV pilots, who will find the MC easier to use. I'm still training myself to get proficient in Manual mode on my FPV, but I'll happily go terrorize the rocks on the other side of my canyon in Sport mode all day!

I think there's a class, or at least a potential class, of FPV users who will happily stick with the MC in Sport mode as their Final Solution.

I think you are right, however, there is DEFINITELY a pro application for the Avata. I fly for a lot of competition and reality shows, and anywhere I currently use my QAV Cine or Cinewhoops to get shots, flying around contestants, through houses, around a busy set etc, the Avata would likely be better than those quads for the job. On Top Gear America, being able to send the FPV out on the track for 10 minutes instead of 4, or to put it in position hold while I wait for other things on set to happen, would have been a game changer.
Since I've spent SO MUCH MONEY with DJI (currently I roll out with 2 Inspire 2s with Cendence controllers, a Mavic 3 Cine and an Air 2s, PLUS a bunch of FPVs that all use DJI Goggles and air units), I am just asking them to consider folks like me in the equation ;-)
I think it's pretty bad that their response is often like 'DJI Stephen" above... feels like a bot, no? Of course I had checked that link... I don't think he comprehends what I'm asking in my post. So... you know... frustrating... but that is often par for the course with DJI unfortunately. They make great products, but have horrendous customer service, for the most part... at least where pros are concerned.
Still... hope springs eternal
2022-9-9
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Hope springs eternal indeed!

I have my Part 107, but I've never gotten paid for drone work. And I won't anytime soon, since I just started a new job that I like, that's going to pay me a decent salary every two weeks...with the first such payday being used to fund my as-yet-mythical Avata!

I'm sure you're right that there are good Pro applications for the Avata. I have no clue how to provide input into the DJI development funding allocation process in a way that might be listened to. I suspect that their current path is very effective at maximizing their corporate objectives, and in this particular case, their interests are aligned with mine!

Good luck!

TCS
2022-9-9
Use props
FuriousPugs
lvl.2
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 9-9 11:03
Hope springs eternal indeed!

I have my Part 107, but I've never gotten paid for drone work. And I won't anytime soon, since I just started a new job that I like, that's going to pay me a decent salary every two weeks...with the first such payday being used to fund my as-yet-mythical Avata!

haha... well said ;-)
I do have a few connections I bug about this kind of thing, but it's always about the big market for them for sure.
Cheers
2022-9-9
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been waiting and adding myself to the reminder notification almost on a daily. Nothing.

Where is this Hope Springs anyways? Maybe they have FPV controllers there? ;)
2022-9-9
Use props
FuriousPugs
lvl.2
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-9 12:09
I have been waiting and adding myself to the reminder notification almost on a daily. Nothing.

haha... if you find it let me know!
2022-9-9
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FuriousPugs Posted at 9-9 13:05
haha... if you find it let me know!
I found Hope Springs and they have them in stock now!  hurry hurry. || Got mine ordered!

link dji-fpv-remote-controller-2

DJI-FPV_RC2.JPG
2022-9-10
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-9 12:09
I have been waiting and adding myself to the reminder notification almost on a daily. Nothing.

Somebody should start a Drone Ranch named Hope Springs! It should be somewhere nice...with at least a lake, if not an actual spring. Somewhere in the USA, in a location that has no DJI GEO Fencing restrictions...at least, not at the moment.  Definitely in uncontrolled airspace.

I don't have the financial resources to fund such a project...but I could manage one. I've managed real estate partnerships before. 100 years ago I had my real estate license, and I made enough money from it to buy my first house.

It should definitely be a "destination resort", and if somebody does it, I'll make it a vacation destination!

TCS
2022-9-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

FuriousPugs Posted at 9-9 06:36
I think you are right, however, there is DEFINITELY a pro application for the Avata. I fly for a lot of competition and reality shows, and anywhere I currently use my QAV Cine or Cinewhoops to get shots, flying around contestants, through houses, around a busy set etc, the Avata would likely be better than those quads for the job. On Top Gear America, being able to send the FPV out on the track for 10 minutes instead of 4, or to put it in position hold while I wait for other things on set to happen, would have been a game changer.
Since I've spent SO MUCH MONEY with DJI (currently I roll out with 2 Inspire 2s with Cendence controllers, a Mavic 3 Cine and an Air 2s, PLUS a bunch of FPVs that all use DJI Goggles and air units), I am just asking them to consider folks like me in the equation ;-)
I think it's pretty bad that their response is often like 'DJI Stephen" above... feels like a bot, no? Of course I had checked that link... I don't think he comprehends what I'm asking in my post. So... you know... frustrating... but that is often par for the course with DJI unfortunately. They make great products, but have horrendous customer service, for the most part... at least where pros are concerned.

nice i would think the answer is pretty easy for you for someone like you in the business. i don't know your $ situation but i would go buy the original dji fpv 100%.  kill 2 birds, you'd get your rc2 and a nice set of goggles to share AND you would get one heck of an fpv that can do something things your avata cannot do (i.e. speed).  dji fpv is CHEAP.
2022-9-10
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-7 19:04
Hello there Russell Spurlock. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. You may try to check our DJI Online store for the availability of the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 ( https://store.dji.com/no/product/dji-fpv-remote-controller-2 ). Thank you.

Weird is available in Norway and not in https://store.dji.com/it/product/dji-fpv-remote-controller-2
Don't understand why cannot buy from Norway (cannot change shipping country) so still waiting.....since 28 Aug when i ordered the avata.

Sorry, payment failed
The shipping country you select in your PayPal account is not the same as DJI Store.

2022-9-10
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 9-10 09:20

Somebody should start a Drone Ranch named Hope Springs! It should be somewhere nice...with at least a lake, if not an actual spring. Somewhere in the USA, in a location that has no DJI GEO Fencing restrictions...at least, not at the moment.  Definitely in uncontrolled airspace.

As I have mentioned in a previous... I found it.

Hope Springs

Other than a no fly Wilderness area it is a fly free zone it seems... there are lots of hills to fly FPV as well.  
Only $230-$270 a night! lol

Screenshot_20220911-085044_Aloft.jpg
2022-9-11
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-11 04:47
As I have mentioned in a previous... I found it.

Hope Springs

Thx!

TCS
2022-9-11
Use props
JetDan
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI, how about selling a DJI Avata package with the DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2?  I'm sure there are others that are holding off buying an Avata because of that.
2022-9-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JetDan Posted at 9-11 10:39
Hey DJI, how about selling a DJI Avata package with the DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2?  I'm sure there are others that are holding off buying an Avata because of that.

unfortunately it is likely that dji believes that initially if they sold this new package (goggles 2 + rc2) then nobody will buy the other old package (goggles 2 + mc).

if you want the rc2, just buy it (supply issue notwithstanding).  no need to defer your avata purchase.

after using the mc, i agree with dji efforts to "push" the buyer in the mc direction.  note i didnt say "force."  i am happy the rc2 was not made incompatible with avata.
2022-9-11
Use props
bp328i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124590 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-11 11:11
unfortunately it is likely that dji believes that initially if they sold this new package (goggles 2 + rc2) then nobody will buy the other old package (goggles 2 + mc).

if you want the rc2, just buy it (supply issue notwithstanding).  no need to defer your avata purchase.

"if you want the rc2, just buy it (supply issue notwithstanding).  no need to defer your avata purchase."

DJI not including the RC2 as an option is a very big reason for myself and probably many others to defer the purchase of the Avata.

I'm not paying $1388.00 for the combo and then another $199.00 for the RC2 when I know the Motion Controller will get tossed in a corner and forgot about. Sorry but $1587.00 is too much for this drone if you want a proper controller. Especially since the Motion Controller and the RC2 are the same price from DJI.
2022-9-11
Use props
bp328i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124590 ft
United States

JetDan Posted at 9-11 10:39

This is the one and only reason I haven't bought it.
2022-9-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

looks like dronenerds has rc2 in stock ready to ship in usa for $199
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now