24862 27 2022-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kikivoinea
lvl.2
Romania

Hello !

Got my Avata. Great drone

My only and huge complain : There is no way to get footage out of the drone without PC/ SD out ?

I mean , using the app , straight to the phone .

Thanks
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry. There are two ways to transfer files to the mobile devices
Transfer the files in the aircraft:
1. Android user: connect the phone to the aircraft and read the files in the Android system.
2. iOS: Due to the system restriction, can not read the file directly
Transfer the files in the SD card:
Use a Card Reader.
2022-9-7
Use props
kikivoinea
lvl.2
Romania

But if I can take videos out of my Action 2 , with similar specs ( bitrate , video quality , etc ) , why not on Avata?
2022-9-8
Use props
fansf66d40ac
New

United States

first flight on the avata - recorded some small clips on the internal storage - cant get it off the drone (battery out, USB-c to iMac) doesnt recognize that drone is there although a blue light comes on. any ideas?
2022-9-15
Use props
Marco899
lvl.3

Netherlands

fansf66d40ac Posted at 9-15 10:40
first flight on the avata - recorded some small clips on the internal storage - cant get it off the drone (battery out, USB-c to iMac) doesnt recognize that drone is there although a blue light comes on. any ideas?

Had the same on the first flight and lost my recordings. After a format everything works perfect but it seems you have to format the internal storage before a first flight.
2022-9-16
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just did this yesterday... with everything powered up, connect Gogggles 2 via USB-C to Phone...(whatever cable you need for this)
Open Fly app, click media button and then you can transfer media to phone to share. (as long as you have enough storage space on the phone)

Enjoy.

And yes... format the SD card in the drone... it's special like that.
2022-9-16
Use props
wutang2112
lvl.1

Canada

Bob Brown Posted at 9-16 05:31
Just did this yesterday... with everything powered up, connect Gogggles 2 via USB-C to Phone...(whatever cable you need for this)
Open Fly app, click media button and then you can transfer media to phone to share. (as long as you have enough storage space on the phone)

When you say phone do you mean iPhone? ALso, when you say "click media" button in Fly app, where is this button? All i see is a button called Album and one called SkyPixel on bottom left
2022-9-16
Use props
fans242a7485
New

Australia

Open Fly app, click media button and then you can transfer media to phone to share. (as long as you have enough storage space on the phone)

Are you using an iPhone or android to transfer the content on the sd card? My iPhone won’t pick up the sd card in the goggles it says it is not recognised by this mobile device no matter what cord I use
2022-10-1
Use props
fans242a7485
New

Australia

Are you using an iPhone or android to transfer the content on the sd card? My iPhone won’t pick up the sd card in the goggles it says it is not recognised by this mobile device no matter what cord I use
2022-10-1
Use props
lohill
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I believe you cannot transfer to iphone. You can transfer to Android phone. I just don't understand why. I can do that for other DJI drones, but not Avata.
2022-10-4
Use props
Canarbear
New
United States

I recorded a video with my Avata and I was able to transfer a video from the drone to my iPhone through the DJI Fly app.  I don't know how I did it, or why it worked this one time, but I can't seem to get it to do it again.  Which is annoying.
2022-10-5
Use props
djiuser_ymP6UcFFq5aO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384272 ft
Netherlands

Why does the avata not uses the fly app

My mini dji and osmo all work with the fly app
2022-10-9
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72864 ft
United States

I believe the DJI Fly app is the ONLY one it can use
2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_bKLIV09uPGeP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151785 ft
Hong Kong

Yes, it was so complicate to transfer the footage to iphone. If we can get back the video from Avata, we can use DJI app to modify and add music in the video
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_0XuL008dP3RD
lvl.1

United States

Did anyone find out how we can transfer video directly from dji avata to iPhone ? Or any idea to transfer to iPhone ? I tried using PC and iTunes, it doesn’t work for me .
2022-10-23
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1823077 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad Pro 11"  (USB-C connector)
-- Connecting cable direct to the aircraft allows you to access videos using the Files app, can play or transfer direct from aircraft to iPhone / MacBook using AirDrop through iPad
-- Connecting cable direct to the goggles 2 does NOT allow you to access videos using the Files app, if aircraft is powered on DJI Fly app states "file preview through mobile device not supported on current aircraft"
-- Connecting cable direct to goggles 2 and running LivePreview during flight will cache a low quality copy of the goggles video on the iPad, can view / save after turning aircraft OFF

iPhone 13 Max  (Lightening connector)
-- Connecting cable direct to aircraft does NOT power the aircraft flight controller, no file access in the Files or DJI Fly app
-- Turning on the aircraft still does NOT allow file access
-- Connecting cable direct to goggles 2 and running LivePreview during flight will cache a low quality copy of the goggles video on the iPhone, can view / save after turning aircraft OFF

MacBook Pro 16"  (USB-C connector)
-- Connecting cable to aircraft creates two folders in Finder (SD_CARD, INTERNAL)
-- Connecting cable to goggles 2 does nothing, have to pull SD card

It seems there are pretty big inconsistencies between Avata firmware and previous aircraft, almost like the Avata firmware was rushed out and they would add these common features in later
-- Other aircraft can preview album via DJI Fly app, but not Avata
-- Older Goggles V2 can tell the aircraft to record h.265, but not the newer Goggles 2
2022-10-23
Use props
djiuser_zhNswHNXwykN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78465 ft
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-9-7 23:21
Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry. There are two ways to transfer files to the mobile devices
1. Android user: connect the phone to the aircraft and read the files in the Android system.

Hi. how do you connect the android to the drone? all i know is you connect the phone the goggles 2?

i lost all my videos in the fly app
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_zhNswHNXwykN Posted at 3-23 04:48
Hi. how do you connect the android to the drone? all i know is you connect the phone the goggles 2?

i lost all my videos in the fly app

You can connect the drone to the mobile device with the USB cable and then read files on Android directly*. (The mobile device supports external storage devices)
Using OTG cable and USB cable to connect the DJI Avata drone with the mobile phone: The OTG cable needs to be connected to the mobile phone.

2023-3-23
Use props
fansd9ed854a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149757 ft
South Africa

fansf66d40ac Posted at 2022-9-15 10:40
first flight on the avata - recorded some small clips on the internal storage - cant get it off the drone (battery out, USB-c to iMac) doesnt recognize that drone is there although a blue light comes on. any ideas?

not all USB-C cables will transfer data...I had to buy a specific one to do just that since most USB-C cables are just for charging devices

you would think DJI would include one....
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_27UbXsDxxc4a
New

United States

Just got the Avata yesterday..  I will be returning it because of this, and the so stupid SD card port on the drone.  And not to mention Remote ID implementation..  So they expect you to connect the goggles to the battery, and to the phone?!!  It’s already hard to charge 3 things, let’s add the phone to the list..  Simple no for me.
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_zhNswHNXwykN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78465 ft
Philippines

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-9-7 23:21
what aircraft are you talking about? there is no means to connect a phone to the avata drone directly. only to the goggles 2.
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_zhNswHNXwykN Posted at 3-25 23:06
what aircraft are you talking about? there is no means to connect a phone to the avata drone directly. only to the goggles 2.

It is a DJI Avata topic thread so i mean the DJI Avata.

You can see the diagram or the user manual to find where the USB port is.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2023-3-27
Use props
DarksysDesign
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

same issue…this is so stupid. the FPV Combo could connect to Fly App…i fixed this for me: put avata card to my mini 3 pro an connect the mini to fly app via quick transfer. But every time try to get the card out of the avata…jesus christ. i have no words…for me a big deal, i edit all my videos on my ipad. no need for a pc. Yes i can the files to pc but its hard to get the files to my ipad. this is bull*** DJI.
2023-8-7
Use props
Cem_O_K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 575715 ft
Turkey

An issue that definitely needs to be addressed.
An application is being offered to manage drone-related processes. Everything from forums to updates is integrated within the app. Moreover, there are also features within the Fly App to edit drone footage. Within the app, there's an option to select videos and show content from phone and device (drone). However, the application is unable to locate videos within the device(drone). Whether you connect through goggles, directly to the drone with or without using OTG it's not possible to get the footage.
2023-8-10
Use props
DarksysDesign
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

Cem_O_K Posted at 8-10 04:46
An issue that definitely needs to be addressed.
An application is being offered to manage drone-related processes. Everything from forums to updates is integrated within the app. Moreover, there are also features within the Fly App to edit drone footage. Within the app, there's an option to select videos and show content from phone and device (drone). However, the application is unable to locate videos within the device(drone). Whether you connect through goggles, directly to the drone with or without using OTG it's not possible to get the footage.

And the funny Part: with the FPV it works. Yes you must turn on everthing, but you get the files from the drone via Fly App...to you iPad. I have no idea why DJI try to explain us its a ios restriction or anything else. DJI is lazy and gives a f*** to us users. This is what i think since i have the avata.

The useability from this Drone is Pain...only Pain.

I own the Mini 3 Pro - this is a solid Product.
Avata looks for me like a damn expensive Toy Drone.

They sell the Avata for Rookies and made the file transfer process like 2010 but not like 2023.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_we60XcynRXGZ
New

United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2022-9-16 05:31

I used this method, but the video is showing all of the icons on the screen that were displayed when recording. Is there a way to get rid of those?
1-6 09:55
Use props
djiuser_we60XcynRXGZ
New

United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2022-9-16 05:31

Nvm
1-6 09:56
Use props
djiuser_QpVALi74DytD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

They clearly are holding some features back to make avata 2 an easier sell

Anyway has anyone figured the easiest method to transfer to iPhone from avata yet please?

Thanks
2-7 04:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules