Cannot complete mission with DJI GS PRo
805 11 2022-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RevitDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46135 ft

United States

I have been using the DJI GS Pro app on a iPad with a P3A for a couple years with good results. I fly construction sites and one of my usual tasks is to fly a mapped route on the sites perodically to show progress as a marketing tool.
However, the last couple test flights at home with a mapped mission has resulted in failure to complete the mission after launch. This happened on site as well. I did see this behavior before but now I cannot figure out teh resolution to this issue. I would like to take another attempt onsite, an hours drive and back. Since I'll be doing another mission to manully fly and documnet the other project, the trip isn't going tobe a waste if taking the P3A
The P3A will take the mission profile, successfully launch to 3' and hover. It looks like it is attempting to exceute the mission lurching upwards and seeming to be held back.

I am able to fly normally with the DJI Go app, at this same site, so am puzzled with why this happens.

I do run both the DJI Go and DJI GA Pro the same time with no issue in the past. I keep DJI GO open so to do battery check before excuting the mission. Even with DJI Go off this still occurrs

I would like to fly a mapped mission Friday so hope to hear how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if there is any message on GS Pro App?  May we know if the mission can be carried on normally? If so, you may raise the height of the mission to avoid signal interference. Before taking off, please calibrate the compass and pay attention to the satellites.   
2022-9-7
Use props
RevitDog
lvl.2

United States

Hello Wanda,

There are no messages on the DJI GS Pro app during and after uploading the mission. This happens at my home and on a site which are both Class D airspaces. I used to fly missions successfully and repeatedly at the two sites over a a 4 year span.

Both sites I attempt to fly missions are Class D airspaces. I get a controlled airspace warning on the DJI GO app. I can check off OK and fly manually with no issues with eh DJI Go app.

GPS vary between 10-12.

I see no compass and IMU warnings to recalibrate but will attempt compass calibration.

I will ascend to mission height to see if that works.

Thank you,
David
2022-9-8
Use props
RevitDog
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-7 19:23
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if there is any message on GS Pro App?  May we know if the mission can be carried on normally? If so, you may ascend the height of the mission to avoid signal interference. Before taking off, please calibrate the compass and pay attention to the satellites.

Hi Wanda,

I did a compass calibrate and initialized the IMU to issue remains unchanged.
I will try a mission start at the missions working altitude tomorrow when I am on site,

Thanks
2022-9-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RevitDog Posted at 9-8 14:43
Hi Wanda,

I did a compass calibrate and initialized the IMU to issue remains unchanged.

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know the test result.
2022-9-8
Use props
RevitDog
lvl.2

United States

Hi Wanda,

Well seems the timing wasn't right to fly missions this weekend and inclement weather kept me grounded. I would have tested flying from mission altitude from my home base with a previously mapped mission on DJI GS Pro but again the timing over the weekend kept me away from any opportunities to test.

Thanks,
David
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RevitDog Posted at 9-12 04:52
Hi Wanda,

Well seems the timing wasn't right to fly missions this weekend and inclement weather kept me grounded. I would have tested flying from mission altitude from my home base with a previously mapped mission on DJI GS Pro but again the timing over the weekend kept me away from any opportunities to test.

We understand that, please keep us updated when you get a chance to test if the mission can be carried out. Thank you.
2022-9-13
Use props
RevitDog
lvl.2

United States

Hello Wanda,

I tried to do as recommended. Used DJI Go to launch and rise to 180' before sending mission to drone and starting. Drone sat unmoving after. I paused and returned to landing site. This is distressing as I need at least one more mission to fly the site before the fall weather.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RevitDog Posted at 9-15 15:04
Hello Wanda,

I tried to do as recommended. Used DJI Go to launch and rise to 180' before sending mission to drone and starting. Drone sat unmoving after. I paused and returned to landing site. This is distressing as I need at least one more mission to fly the site before the fall weather.

Hi, sorry for the situation. If it is possible, please try to re-organize a mission and start again. If it still does not work, please provide a video of this case for us to check it further.
2022-9-16
Use props
RevitDog
lvl.2

United States

Hi Wanda,

Can you clarify what it is meant to Re-organize a mission?
I have had this happen with two missions, one at home for check out flights and a couple of others for actual missions.
To be sure, you are wanting video showing what happens to the drone when attempting to fly a mission? With shots of the screen?

I have seen this behavior before but cannot recall the resolution.

Thanks.
David
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RevitDog Posted at 9-20 06:52
Hi Wanda,

Can you clarify what it is meant to Re-organize a mission?

Hi David, sorry for any confusion, it refers to planning a new mission and checking it again. If the issue is the same, please provide a screen recording of the GS Pro, thank you very much!
2022-9-20
Use props
RevitDog
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-20 20:28
Hi David, sorry for any confusion, it refers to planning a new mission and checking it again. If the issue is the same, please provide a screen recording of the GS Pro, thank you very much!

Hello Wanda,

I had a bit of a break from flying and was recently asked this question when a roof survey was requested that if the P3P was able to go back to automatous flights. So After a tweak to the iPad by turning off the VPN (Just a thought) tried it and it still would not continue its mission. I could see ad before it tries to continue upwards to its starting height 9rising and dropping just a little and move to its start point but being held back.
I'll need to make a appointment to a freinds wide open property and try as you recommended to make a new mission.

Thanks,
David
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules