Can we get DJI Pilot App Back?
123Next >
7491 95 2015-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I have not upgraded my firmware yet.  After I connected my pad to the internet I started getting the red flashing  Firmware requires upgrade light where the safe to fly mode appears at the top of the screen in the camera window,  Does anyone know how to get rid of the nag.  I prefer running the last version that has worked flawlessly for me so far.
2015-8-11
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-11 12:28
I agree 100% about wanting the Pilot App back!!  I will be pushing this request up the chain of com ...

Thanks Dave I think dji should try to perfect what they have before moving on to more complicated and bloated software that may have the same and different bugs.  Then that would give us the ability to select what software and functions best fit are individual needs and desires depending how we use and fly our aircraft.
thanks again Dave
2015-8-11
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I agree 100% about wanting the Pilot App back!!  I will be pushing this request up the chain of com ...

DJI- Dave,

Thanks for your comments and listening.  You obviously understand and appreciate where we are coming from on this subject, which I suspect anyone who has flown the Inspire in the past with the previous DJI Pilot app fully appreciates.

Thanks again for escalating everyones comments, concerns and gripes.  Lets hope a resolution is forthcoming.

GB

2015-8-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Thanks guys. I will do what I can.
2015-8-11
Use props
RichardB
lvl.1

United States

Dittos!  It seems that DJI is once again being counter productive to their customer's needs and wants.  I'm sure some marketing guy got this "great" idea without so much as polling or asking the owners about this.  DJI also seems to go out of its way to ignore the real needs, wants and priorities of it's customers.
2015-8-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

the new app won't allow me to connect my inspire.  i need it for a shoot today.  yet another crappy rollout by dji.  this is retarded.
2015-8-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

fully agree that the fluff is not wanted or needed.  we want a good app for our tools.  how hard is that to produce?
2015-8-12
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Agreed.  I've been complaining about the feature prioritization for months now.  When director was first introduced I came near to scratching a hole in my head.  If they had invested that effort in firmware quality control and pilot operational features we'd be a happy camp right now.  Instead, I feel like I've been drawn and quartered.
2015-8-12
Use props
ezfly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2885043 ft
Slovenia

I think we are getin some new features in new App soon
2015-8-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ezfly Posted at 2015-8-15 15:22
I think we are getin some new features in new App soon

The new update did not fix the bloat problem. And you are locked out of the flight controls unless you are connected to the Inspire

This not what I was hoping for.

Rich
2015-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

offshorecl1 Posted at 2015-8-16 04:17
Where is everybody? What about?

So far DJI has not commented at all on our questions and desires to keep the old DJI Pilot App
DJI Pilot App vs DJI GO App
2015-8-15
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Thank you Dave.  Those functions have no more business in the app used to fly an Inspire than they do on the instrument panel of a full size airplane.  And for the same reason - unnecessary complication and distraction.  The app used for flying should be devoted purely to that purpose.

Beyond that, there is a good deal of user resentment about the fact that unnecessary and unrequested "features" are being delivered, while promised and often-requested features (POI, waypoints) remain on the to-do list.  That's a good way to really anger a customer base.
2015-8-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-8-16 20:28
Thank you Dave.  Those functions have no more business in the app used to fly an Inspire than they ...

Yeah I agree. I think the POI & Waypoint features are much more difficult to correctly engineer with the Inspire than was originally thought. So we are having to wait for them to be done and ready for use. It would've been better if DJI never promised those in the first place.
They should've used the old saying "better to under promise and over deliver". Instead they did exactly the opposite, so I understand everyone's frustration.
That being said the Inspire is still by far the best flying quad I have ever had the privilege to fly.

Dave
2015-8-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello Dave,

You are awesome and much luck convincing the DJI powers to hear their customers request! We the pro pilots out there in the Inspire community would like this option to keep the original Pilot App format before they added all of the media stuff that is not used. The whole idea in my opinion is to keep the App light and powerful for our flight controls. All of the post editing stuff can be used in a separate App for users that would like to use it.

Thank you so much for listening to our plea for help and keep us posted on your progress both negative or positive.  I am sure that the others that are reading this would be happy that you helping us!!!

Rich
2015-8-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-11 20:34
I have all of the old software Rich I also have some new that is not out yet

Hi Mtnmaddman

I got your message and have been very busy to contact you. I will try tomorrow sometime. I am using the Beta firmware to test the AutoFlight Logic App and have not updated my Inspire 1. If we do the SDK will not work with the App any longer. I believe that if you are connected to the internet the Inspire will lock you out until the firmware is updated. try putting your tablet into airplane mode, sorry I have not messed with this yet.

Rich
2015-8-16
Use props
Gregor
lvl.1

Switzerland

thanks dave....
give us back the pilot.app connecting with the last firmware...
im afraid to go in the air....
best gregor
2015-8-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-17 04:00
Hello Dave,

You are awesome and much luck convincing the DJI powers to hear their customers reque ...

Thanks Rich! I will do what I can. So far I have not gotten anywhere but I still have some options and still have one guy I can talk to that might get this request heard by the right people.

Dave
2015-8-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Gregor Posted at 2015-8-17 05:38
thanks dave....
give us back the pilot.app connecting with the last firmware...
im afraid to go in t ...

Thanks Gregor,
I will do what I can. In the meanwhile please do not be afraid to fly. Or go in the air as you said.
I have been flying with the latest firmware and the latest Go app and all is fine.
2015-8-16
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

i am very happy on the .06 firmware and app 1.1.2 please dji give us the option to stay if it aint broke for some dont need a fix please bring back 1.1.2 ios app dji thanks
2015-8-16
Use props
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Linolens Posted at 2015-8-8 13:59
I echo your words.

R&D should be spending their time developing what has been originally promised - ...

Totally agree. I want to use my Inspire for filming only, a good, solid, reliable platform is what is important to me with the facility to get it repaired quickly if I can't be trusted to do it. Soon it'll be making the toast.
2015-8-17
Use props
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I echo your words.

R&D should be spending their time developing what has been originally promised - ...

Totally agree. Priorty should be a solid, stable and reliable filming platform. It'll be making the toast next. Software manufacturers just want to dictate, what's wrong with giving us the freedom of choice.
2015-8-17
Use props
Chandos
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Using forum for first time from mobile device, even that is naff. Could not find my first post until I made made the second. Sorry people.
2015-8-17
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-17 02:36
Yeah I agree. I think the POI & Waypoint features are much more difficult to correctly engineer wit ...

Definitely a difficult issue for all.  Clearly many people read "coming soon" in connection with waypoints and POI and placed an order BECAUSE of those features, figuring the lead time for product delivery and software updates would give them time to learn the aircraft and be ready.  The alternative would be to wait for the features to actually release before placing an order - but for those thinking of flying for money, that would mean their competitors would be first to offer service with the Inspire and they themselves would be the latecomers.  Now the growing concern is that a competing (or subsequent DJI) product will actually offer the features promised by the Inspire, and those who sought to be on the forefront will be left behind (and about $3K poorer).  For all these reasons, infusing more marketing hype and gimmickry into the app is waving a red flag in front of an angry bull.  After all, no matter HOW hard it is to add the promised features, it's even harder if part of the development team is split off to create additional software features no one cares about instead of focusing maximum team effort on delivering what was promised.
2015-8-17
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

"it's even harder if part of the development team is split off to create additional software features no one cares about instead of focusing maximum team effort on delivering what was promised." Pet Gould

What Pete said X 5. FOCUS on the REAL ARK, SAFETY & RELIABILITY
2015-8-17
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

I am not interested in social media fluff!  I am only interested in things that will enhance the flight and picture taking ability of this craft.  Releasing this in my mind only cheapens what is a complex machine.
I don't recall in any forum, users asking for any of this.  I do however, recall many times, people asking for waypoints, etc. things that were promised for the future.  Still undelivered.
2015-8-17
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

It seems that there is little attention by DJI to the feedback in this particular forum (theirs). My Inspire has been at the LA facility since 7/9 becasue two motors quit. I'm not sure if it was firmware or otherwise, but I was not able to make the repairs I normally would have done as an owner/pilot. I urged DJI to make available a AC only as they had done with the Phantom series so a backup could be purchased at a reasonable amount to offset the horific rapair turnaound time. They did so soon thereafter but wanted far too much, according to my simple math,  for a bare AC package.  To further compound my frustration, I purchaseda P3P while my AC is assumed to be in line for repairs.

I have been arm twisted into upgrading the previous "Pilot" app while flying the temp work AC while the Inspire is gone. I do use social media, but have NO USE WHATSOEVER to have it packaged into an app I depend upon to fly my aircraft. "GO" has rendered my Nexus 7 (no longer supported  as 2nd controller device) as useless and made the user interface so useless that I conclude that safety is no longer an operative goal at DJI. I had my first major disconnect with an AC last week at what should have been well within the flight parameters of the previous versions of the firmware and "Pilot" app. I'm rigidly consistent with my pre-flight processes and even though the disconnect happened out over salt water, the P3P returned to the take-off point. I actually gave up trying to retake control after I realized I was fighting the AC return function.

Bottom line: Re-gain focus on SAFETY and CONTROL before something really bad happens. I am now spending more time immersing myself into other platforms because my confidence in DJI engineers is waning quickly. $5K at stake and they're insisting I share live video streaming and cripple the control of an aircraft in flight. Really???
2015-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-17 13:01
Thanks Rich! I will do what I can. So far I have not gotten anywhere but I still have some options ...

Thank you Dave for standing up for us on this request.

I hope DJI can see that we have a need for the flying platform App that focuses only on the flight controls and camera controls. I hope they roll out the new automation as promised to us and that they would bring it to both of these Apps.

Rich
2015-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-8-17 21:34
Definitely a difficult issue for all.  Clearly many people read "coming soon" in connection with w ...

Right on.......   Pete  
2015-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please keep in mind that you do this at your own risk and we can wait for Dave to help us get this back officially BUT, Okay, I reverted back to the DJI Pilot App.

As long as you use iTunes and the library has the DJI Pilot 1.1.2.ipa file you are good to go. Follow this YouTube video for the general idea. I have all my flight logs and Inspire registration intact..

Rich

2015-8-17
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
United States

One other important consideration: Build in the ability to block automatic "app" updates (nagging for latest) in both ios and Android . With safety and stability being highest priority, I don't want to be forced to change what works and allow my flight platform to be modified without my consent and training. Any agency of any jurisdiction would frown on this type of frivolous change without consent of the pilot and appropriate training for the changes in flight control. IMHO
2015-8-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

offshorecl1 Posted at 2015-8-19 07:22
I did the same Rich, and keep now my 2 inspires on the ground. And if DJI will think to continue wi ...

Sorry man,

I want to fly mine and waiting for the smoky conditions to clear up around my area. I am wanting to continue the beta testing with the AutoFlight Logic 2.0 App with automatous control. This is what I was hoping DJI Pilot app would deliver.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=3#pid191750

Rich
2015-8-18
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

I agree 100% get rid of the advertising I already bought the product!!!!!!Hate to say this guys but I also fly 2 Yuneecs 500 and 500+ they are great back up machines I thought but enjoy flying them more than my Aspire.The Aspire is still an awesome
Bird ! But it keeps getting more and more difficult to fly the damn thing as DJI keeps adding and changing some good some bad if they continue they will lose the market to a competitor.
All I know is I bought a reliable bird it just needs the proper support which who knows DJI seems to be more interested in getting that Sale! After that your kinda on your own Very sad for a product that has so much potential come on guys take some tips from 3dr & Yuneec .
2015-8-18
Use props
zue350
lvl.1

Thailand

same here, DJI Pilot is better.
2015-8-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I would like to just get anything back, that I have paid for, I dont care about any way points, editing, social media, crap or anything else I just want a system that is simple and that works. I just wish they would stop with this insane upgrade crap that is destroying their business, and everyone elses that use their product.
I have never seen anything like this in the hobby in my life.
2015-8-19
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I echo your words.

It needs to be called the go crap app.
2015-8-19
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

I note with interest all that has been said about the Pilot vs Go App and whilst it is obviously a matter of personal choice, I agree with the vast majority of people that the Pilot App is the better one for all the reasons mentioned.
That said, I have literally just taken delivery of my Inspire and as yet have not down loaded any software. It seems that the Go App is the only one available to me. Is this the case or can I get hold of the Pilot App from somewhere?
2015-8-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Positveimage Posted at 2015-8-20 00:09
I note with interest all that has been said about the Pilot vs Go App and whilst it is obviously a m ...

DJI Dave is talking with management and hopefully he can get them to put the DJI Pilot App back into play. You are right DJI Go App is the only available download from the App store right now. Maybe someone will post the drop box file for others wanting to get the old App. It is about 132 meg file.

personally I hope DJI will get us back on track again very soon!

Rich
2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Positveimage Posted at 2015-8-20 00:09
I note with interest all that has been said about the Pilot vs Go App and whilst it is obviously a m ...

As of now the Go App is the only one you will be able to find.
2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-20 12:34
DJI Dave is talking with management and hopefully he can get them to put the DJI Pilot App back in ...

I have been e-mailing and talking to everyone I can (using all my resources) and so far it is not looking good. DJI has big plans for the Go App. It looks like there will be a major update to it soon. But not the update everyone on this thread is looking for.
Sorry if that is not the news everyone was hoping for but I am not done trying!!!

From what I have heard good things are coming though. Cann't say any more than that about it for now.
2015-8-19
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-20 13:04
I have been e-mailing and talking to everyone I can (using all my resources) and so far it is not  ...

Dave,

Thanks for giving us an update on this at least you are trying to keep us informed and I thank you for that.

However, doesn't sound like DJI have been listening or even care about its customers and reading between the lines are progressing with more media nonsense.  

"Good things are coming"  I have heard this before regarding automated flights, waypoints etc.

I have also heard that Santa Clause is coming also...

Thanks anyway, appreciated
2015-8-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules